Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My twice a week video hangout show Cox_ba12

My twice a week video hangout show Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 2:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 2:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 10:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 8:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 8:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 7:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 11:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 9:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My twice a week video hangout show Empty
Live on Patrol

My twice a week video hangout show

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My twice a week video hangout show Empty My twice a week video hangout show

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:31 am

It occurs I should post about my video show that I spend 6 hours a week broadcasting. I'm posting in the "Models and Modeling" forum because that's what we talk about. It's like a 3 hour show and tell.

We are gearing up for a winter video build-off with as many of us as possible joining in from our shops... wifi permitting, of course.

The shows are all on my Youtube channel as well as the "Stunt Hangar" channel, twice every week since May or June.

Here's a link to Monday's show. I didn't post tonight's because it's missing the first hour due to processing.

Feel free to jump ahead, it takes 15 or 20 minutes for video viewers to join in, meanwhile, I just do a monologue, some pretty good, a few kind of slow. But we have a lot of fun once we start grooving.
https://youtu.be/wiTWqlC58vw

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

My twice a week video hangout show Empty Re: My twice a week video hangout show

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:20 am

It's great you can do that Rusty, I myself wouldn't know what to talk about for that long!

I admit I haven't watched any videos all the way through, I am not patient enough. It's good to know that info is out there should I ever need it!

It's also nice to know we have our very own web celebrity on CEF!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:57 am

I watched for about an Hour good info and some Fun guys , I have that short attention span myself but was able to get some plans cut out and wood glued together as i listened . Very Happy I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:54 pm

It's fun. We spent an hour on model boats one night. We cover a lot of territory.
Another hilarious night I electrocuted my pinky with an electronic fly swatter. That was good for a lot of laughs, mostly for them, Lol.

Skipping through is probably the best bet.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Here's the September 8th Friday night hangout. It takes us about 20 minutes to get into flying and building, but we had good fun. Everybody starts coming in at about 9:20.
https://youtu.be/xgC-jaRhTC4

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Hey Rus.. "good stuff man"! I watched up to 1:00:00.. but when Wally was trying to give his "tour".. at around 00:55:00 in.. I could see the anticipation on ya'll's faces.. Laughing I take it that his connection is slower than yours and Terry's. Good stuff though.. and a good bunch of modelers there! I won't ask about "Flat Earth".. but Terry showed some cool "herringbone" cross-grain reinforcement-work on a profile fuse that he was building. He said he used rib-sheet scrap.. thinned-out by some means? You mentioned wanting to stiffen the fuses' rear-section of your "Cardinal"?? to help prevent torsional tail-twisting with full-on control-deflection. This naturally got me thinking.. Laughing Rolling Eyes .. you mentioned using/having some 1/64" plywood. If you started with square-corners (like you would with a new profile-fuse..) and cut 1/64" ply cap-strips top/bottom running rearward to the tail from a point forward.. but at least the wing's T/E.. this should stop "some" of the twisting.. but leaves you with having to cap those strips with balsa for feathering a rounded contour.. Huh...

I built my speed-models' profile-fuse using square Spruce rails from the nose rearward.. with a balsa core in-between. Granted.. I didn't have a "kit-fuse" to start with.. but a kit-fuse could be cut-down top/bottom for the installation of stiffening-material.. and then "capped" with balsa to re-establish the shape.

These rails are parallel.. but that's just how I decided to build them. They could be angled tighter toward the tail for more streamlining.. but the Bearcat's tail-moment is quite short.. so I went as far back as possible.. and still be able to achieve the contour.

My twice a week video hangout show 11-16-10

I capped the rails (top/bottom) later-on.. to establish the shape that I wanted.

My twice a week video hangout show 11-17-10
My twice a week video hangout show 12-21-10

I'm not suggesting you install hardwood beams down the tail.. but you could possibly install square or rectangular CF tube within a channel cut for it.. and add a LOT of rigidity. You mentioned using CF. You wouldn't need to "glass" anything.. just choose a size the width of your fuse.. lay it into the channel with CA and it will be flush with the sides. A round tube would also work.. but would require more filler-material/weight.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/carbon-fibre-square-tube-15-x-15-x-500mm.html

I really enjoyed the first hour I watched of the video Rusty! I'll watch more later. Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:02 am

Thanks, Roddie. We have begun installing a new system that allows much more clear video and audio that will be more like we're all in the same room and not clipping each other by talking over them. Soon to come I hope. I can do it from the shop too, which will be good for our upcoming Winter Build-off series. If you or anyone want to join in the live stream, let me know and I'll help you get started. You can do it with a computer, phone, or tablet.
Thanks for watching.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:26 am

RknRusty wrote:Thanks, Roddie. We have begun installing a new system that allows much more clear video and audio that will be more like we're all in the same room and not clipping each other by talking over them. Soon to come I hope. I can do it from the shop too, which will be good for our upcoming Winter Build-off series. If you or anyone want to join in the live stream, let me know and I'll help you get started. You can do it with a computer, phone, or tablet.
Thanks for watching.
Rusty

I'd never seen anything like that before.. except on TV maybe. I liked it a lot. Every now and then, someone will post a picture of themselves or a vid where you can actually "see" their face and hear their voice. It's so much more of a connection to know what someone "looks like". This video-chat thing goes so far beyond that. It's also cool to see people's workshops.. and the models on the bench or hanging on the wall.. tools.. glue.. but most of all their "character".. and interaction with other fellow-modelers. It's the next best thing to being there.

Who actually records the sessions.. and how is this accomplished?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:34 am

Right now it's done via a connection between Google Hangouts and the Stunt Hangar YouTube channel. If you create a Google account and sign in, then you have access to Google Hangouts in that icon at the top right of the Google search page that looks like a square stack of boxes. Click it and the app is usually near the bottom of the Apps list, but you can drag the apps anywhere you like. Participants then have to enable the Hangouts app with permissions for their Mic and camera. Just once and you never bother with it again.

There are various ways to get into the show. If you go to the Stunt Hangar 'Tube channel while it's live, then you can opt to watch it like a video. There is a chatbox with it that you can use to communicate with us in the video, and you'll often hear me crossing over and tying them into our conversations. I always post a link in that chatbox that will take you to join us in the live feed. Up to 9 people can participate at one time. I usually post the link in the chatbox a few times as it scrolls.

I also post each night's link right when the show starts in a new thread on the Stunthangar forum at:
https://stunthanger.com/smf/at-the-bench/
You may have to be a member of SH to see that link.

It records to the 'Tube and you can see it, and all of Sparky's other streams as reruns here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96GB5l5-lNYSEtieSfFFCQ
The next day or so, I also post the reruns of just the ones I host in a playlist on my own channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgYkP8ZpK_AtOfDvWYCANyA

If you subscribe to the Stunt Hangar 'Tube channel and click the "Notifications" bell, you'll be notified when we go live every time.

We soon are switching to a new better way of hosting, so I'll have to re-explain everything. It's a paid service called https://appear.in We tried it out last night and it is FAR superior in quality than the clunky Google Hangouts.

I hope that helps.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks Rusty! Very cool stuff!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:02 pm

I have such low speed that I can not even play with skype

I am such a pontificating blow hard that video conferencing on hobbies would just be too cool

As a Test Officer...we played a lot with commercial video conferencing for meetings to save travel costs.

That was 5 years ago now and a lot of the products we used were not ready for prime time...especially if we were talking about Secret stuff cuz it had to be entirely inside the Government SIPR* network while most of whet we did in our own cubicles was all on NIPR

*“NIPRNet” means “Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network” while “SIPRNet” stands for “Secret Internet Protocol Router Network

Ultimately we started having the conferences to 8 or more sites using the Army's Distributed learning Class rooms.  They had some very impressive Video cameras and a LOT of bandwidth as it was Sat to Sat  (can you spell EXPENSIVE)

And just as I was retiring, our command conference room was finally upgraded to some of the capabilities you see in the NCIS MTAC

Once I had to take my team to the Fort Hood III Corps HQ Command Conference room to pitch my briefing to the USAEUR Commander in Heidelberg Germany

very cool experience because at that level, there are actual Tim McGee's every where and they absolutely knew their craft
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:11 am

This Google Hangout app thing we're using sucks. It's cringeful for me to watch reruns, knowing how much better(still not great) it sounds and looks while we're in the live feed. The output to the videos is a rough quality. After testing the new one Saturday night, it's a whole new experience with great video and audio. I hope we can get it up and running this week. I think our conversations will be able to flow so much better, like all being in the same shop together. It'll also be almost spam-proof since it can't be found on a web search. We've taken some interesting invasions Lol. I've gotten pretty quick on the eject button.

I'm halfway expecting to have power outages for tonight's show. If so, I'll probably do it Wednesday and Friday. We'll see. Or maybe Sparky will want to try one with the new software.

Fred, I had to look up Tim McGee. NCIS is pretty good. I like CSI - Not Miami.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

My twice a week video hangout show Empty Stunthangar Video Hangout - Monday, 9/11/17 - hosted by Rusty

Post  RknRusty Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 am

Good one tonight. The beginning 60 minutes is missing until it finishes processing. The final 2 hours are usually more spirited.

https://youtu.be/M7rGAYbb6yo

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:44 am

Here's the latest show.

We covered the Reno races in several segments, and are just getting started on our Winter Model Builds feature. As usual, it'll be a few hours before the first hour is included. 'Tube processing I think is the reason. Hope y'all enjoy... despite a short rash of spammers I had to eject at one point over a period of about 30 minutes.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

My twice a week video hangout show Empty Hear Rusty sing, Lol. To a worldwide video audience, I've ruined my career!

Post  RknRusty Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:00 pm

I set it to start at the right time. Oh my god, I ripped off three of my elementary school songs to a worldwide audience.
https://youtu.be/89R6EQWfz00?t=1h29m45s

Another one bursts out a few minutes later.

I gotta quit eating Mike & Ikes on the air, that's as unbecoming as my singing.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:44 am

Hi Rus, I'm at 1:24:00 into the 9/25 show thus far; watched in two 40-45 min. segments over the last two mornings. It's fun to watch.

You had just discussed the users microphones... and how Gerald's was weak/cutting-out. Outside of trying a different microphone; I don't know what can be done in general, to equal-out all of the users audio signal-output. I think it was "Sparky" (looking through his books for a Corsair..) that was using an audio-mixing board with a bit of reverb on his mic. That was pretty cool.

Everyone's mic will have a slightly different sensitivity.. and its proximity to the source will also vary. Then there's how loudly or softly the user speaks. Headset-mic's might help here.. because the mic moves with the user's head-movements.. maintaining a constant proximity. Background-noise would also be minimized. Wireless units are available for freedom of movement.

The difference in audio-levels definitely detracts from the experience. You previously mentioned a "new" system in the works. It may possibly utilize an auto-attenuation/compression circuit between the different audio feeds.. which would be ultimate.. and the users wouldn't have to be concerned with their individual audio-signal levels.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am

I would like to know English to enjoy these talks and videos! Neutral
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:29 pm

MauricioB wrote:I would like to know English to enjoy these talks and videos! Neutral
Yes, Mauricio, sometimes it's even hard for us to understand each other. Thanks for trying though. Maybe after a while, you will become more accustomed to our speech. But we will always use confusing slang. Gerald is from New Zeland and his accent and expressions also take us Americans some time to grow accustomed to.

Roddie, I find that the archived Youtube reruns are more clear than what we experience during a live broadcast. If Gerald sounded that clear when live, I wouldn't have thought he needed a new mic. I'm not sure he does need one. It may be the number of servers over the thousands of miles that are causing the reduced clarity, while his nearest Youtube server is close by his location. Maybe even in NZ, which could explain the recorded clarity.

And like you are doing, watching these reruns in short sessions is the best way. I imagine it would bore one to tears trying to watch a whole 3 hour show.

If you want to watch us live on Youtube and use the text chat box, I always tie those viewers into our conversations. And I post the link in the chatbox that'll take you into the live A/V feed with us if you wish. Using Chrome and a Goog account helps. And on a phone, the "Google Hangouts" app is necessary to join live.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 am

RknRusty wrote:
MauricioB wrote:I would like to know English to enjoy these talks and videos! Neutral
Yes, Mauricio, sometimes it's even hard for us to understand each other. Thanks for trying though. Maybe after a while, you will become more accustomed to our speech. But we will always use confusing slang. Gerald is from New Zeland and his accent and expressions also take us Americans some time to grow accustomed to.

Roddie, I find that the archived Youtube reruns are more clear than what we experience during a live broadcast. If Gerald sounded that clear when live, I wouldn't have thought he needed a new mic. I'm not sure he does need one. It may be the number of servers over the thousands of miles that are causing the reduced clarity, while his nearest Youtube server is close by his location. Maybe even in NZ, which could explain the recorded clarity.

And like you are doing, watching these reruns in short sessions is the best way. I imagine it would bore one to tears trying to watch a whole 3 hour show.

If you want to watch us live on Youtube and use the text chat box, I always tie those viewers into our conversations. And I post the link in the chatbox that'll take you into the live A/V feed with us if you wish. Using Chrome and a Goog account helps. And on a phone, the "Google Hangouts" app is necessary to join live.
Rusty

Thanks Rusty, I try and learn a lot from you, I like to share and I feel part of all this (despite being at the other end of the world), but without doubt there is a link and a feeling to this that we do.
I understand perfectly that the forms, the customs of each place, it is very difficult to understand and adapt, but in spite of it, in my case, I pass very well here ... sorry if I do not express myself in some opportunity, but as you say I try, believe me yes! Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 am

Absolutely agree Mauricio!

One of the side-benefits of this forum (as I see it) is that it is a respectful place where people from different cultures and countries can exchange ideas about their hobbies, while learning some of the quirks (as in our own slang) and structure of their languages/cultures.

Kim

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:07 pm

One of us could write the closed captioning for your YouTube videos. I believe they have voice to text recognition but it might not be that great. Once typed up by someone, it should be easier to translate to other languages.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:47 am

Here's tonight's 9/24 Friday night hangout:
https://youtu.be/2vzAosloSFg

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:53 am

Admin wrote:One of us could write the closed captioning for your YouTube videos. I believe they have voice to text recognition but it might not be that great. Once typed up by someone, it should be easier to translate to other languages.
Some of them do have CC. I'll look into it. Thanks for the offer.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:05 am

Here's tonight's 10/6 Friday night hangout:

https://youtu.be/j1cNNXOCnOg

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks Rusty, That was a great show! The audio seemed much better this time. I was working on setting up my Ace throttle experiment.. and had the show on in my workshop the whole time. It really helped to motivate me because it took me a few hours to prepare. By the time the show was over.. I had finished my work on the set-up.

It was great to see our Dave Fountain (TDBandit) make an appearance.. and talk a bit about Cox engines! Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next