Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club Cox_ba12

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club Empty
Live on Patrol

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club

Go down

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club Empty The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club

Post  Kim Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 am

So, some of the Breezy Hill Gang once again hit the road for another field trip: This time to the 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, near St. Louis, and hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club.

The Mighty HHR hauled Billy, Brian, Vince, and me on what turned out to be a REALLY nice day, with just a light breeze on the back-side of that storm front that blew through the day before.

A friendly group there, with lots of flying, both in the open stunt circle and the 'Caged Speed Circle'. This is fantastic place for Control Line Flyers.

I didn't get any names, though we'd met Dan McEntee many times before. So, this is just a photo album of some of the action. I may try to assemble a short video from some of the footage, but most of my stuff is from still photos.

We also made the mandatory stop at Schaefers Hobby Shop, though Vince and I stood our ground and didn't buy anything on this run, while Brian and Billy picked up some gear.

Thanks to the pilots of the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club for the great time !!!!

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 0_113

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 0_213

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 1_28

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 1_121

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 1_212

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 2_31

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 2_115

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 4_20

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 4_116

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 4_211

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 5_19

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 6_19

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 6_116

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 7_111

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 7_212

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 7_311

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 8_13

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 8_112

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 8_211

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 8_311

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 8_411

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 9_112

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 9_211

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 9_311

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 9_410

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 10_15

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 10_111

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 12_12

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 13_13

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 14_13

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 14_110

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 14_210
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club Empty Re: The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club

Post  getback Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm

WOWIE that looks like some serious FUN there !! There is some BadAss planes in that bunch and Tiny has got it going on with the inverted smoker Very Happy Didn't see the speed circle ya get some of that Action ? Thanks for sharing your Fun with us , Eric sunny
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club Empty Re: The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 am

A couple of tell-tail signs of how well a Perky will glide when the engine quits.  
Note no prop fitted and a flattened off top of the fin, indicating a flip. With such a small wing area I suspect it glides like a brick and lands pretty hard.

Kim wrote:
The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 4_116

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 4_211
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:50 am

getback wrote:WOWIE that looks like some serious FUN there !! There is some BadAss planes in that bunch and Tiny has got it going on with the inverted smoker Very Happy Didn't see the speed circle ya get some of that Action ? Thanks for sharing your Fun with us , Eric sunny

Thanks Eric!

We had a big time alright! The guys had a big turnout with this beautiful day. I wish I'd covered the speed events a little closer, and was running back and forth from the stunt circle. The chainlink fence gave my camera fits as far as trying to focus on the other side.

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 15_13

The 'Ice-o-Lated Stunt/Speed Contest' at Buder Park, hosted by the Lafayette Esquadrille Control Line Club 15_111

May have to make myself a 'camera on a stick' to see over the fence next time we go up there!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:53 am

[quote="Oldenginerod"]A couple of tell-tail signs of how well a Perky will glide when the engine quits.  
Note no prop fitted and a flattened off top of the fin, indicating a flip. With such a small wing area I suspect it glides like a brick and lands pretty hard.

[quote="Kim"]

Yeah, I missed seeing it fly. It's pilot was putting a new prop on it when one of the stunters started up, and I didn't get back over to the speed circle during it's flight.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:13 am

I enjoyed another of your pictorials Kim. I think I would fit right in with those gray beards especially the "security officer" and the guy with the wind sock on his hat. Good stuff.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 am

rsv1cox wrote:I enjoyed another of your pictorials Kim.  I think I would fit right in with those gray beards especially the "security officer" and the guy with the wind sock on his hat.  Good stuff.

Bob

Thanks Bob!!!

"I think I would fit right in with those gray beards"...Yep..."That is Us" !!!!

And now you know that 'Wind Sock Hat' is our own 'DanMc' here !!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:02 am

Kim I too am always jazzed at you very good photo essays... Great stuff! thanks
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Kim I too am always jazzed at you very good photo essays... Great stuff! thanks

Thanks Fred! Digital Photography/Video is one of the coolest things to come down the pike in a long while!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down