Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Cox_ba12

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by rdw777 Today at 5:56 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 5:52 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Empty
Live on Patrol

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project !

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Empty Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project !

Post  Kim Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:57 pm

Reckon I'll have to sell something just to get this wedged into the crowded Skunk Works Warehouse...but so be it !!!!!!

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Ranger10

Last edited by Kim on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Empty Re: Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project !

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:52 am

Nice Kim!

Ebay? Thought I saw one of those on there.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Empty Re: Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project !

Post  PV Pilot Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 am

YES! (arm pump),, you got it!!.

They don't last long on Ebay, I recieved a email notify and immediately jumped on here.

I love spending other people's money, Indra taught me that trick. I blame it all on him. Wink

Like I said Kim, I have 2 NIB Rangers and one missing some bits and in generally bad shape to use as parts or whatever. So if you need a bit or piece,,let me know and i will see if I have it in the busted box kit or in my always growing collection of stuff.

I passed on the opportunity for 2 others including this one. I think I have enough,,,maybe.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:58 am

PV Pilot wrote:YES! (arm pump),, you got it!!.

They don't last long on Ebay, I recieved a email notify and immediately jumped on here.

I love spending other people's money, Indra taught me that trick. I blame it all on him. Wink

Like I said Kim, I have 2 NIB Rangers and one missing some bits and in generally bad shape to use as parts or whatever. So if you need a bit or piece,,let me know and i will see if I have it in the busted box kit or in my always growing collection of stuff.

I passed on the opportunity for 2 others including this one. I think I have enough,,,maybe.

Totally unrelated, PV how did you get your Avatar to say "High tech balsa basher" ?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:02 am

cribbs74 wrote:

Totally unrelated, PV how did you get your Avatar to say "High tech balsa basher" ?

It was a Christmas present from CEF. Smile You could write what you wanted in place of your rank. Or you could get 300 points, which I did.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:28 am

Oh I see,

I remember that now. I was unsure as to what to do with that. I think I gifted my points to young Matt I think.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Oh I see,

I remember that now. I was unsure as to what to do with that. I think I gifted my points to young Matt I think.

Yeah, I'm afraid that it caught me at a dense moment too. Can't remember what I did..if anything.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:22 pm

I appreciate it ! Thanks !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:23 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Oh I see,

Thanks!

BTW, that model says .049 to .10? What a range!
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  GermanBeez Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 pm

it does look like it has a lot of room in the front...is that a TD or a medallion 09 with a muffler in the pic?
it think it is.
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah...not sure, but figure to put my throttle Tee Dee .049 in the thing. I've also got a Queen Bee to Medallion .09 if the Tee Dee doesn't cut it.

PV has a couple of them, so he would know. I'll be finding out myself here shortly.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:56 am

RANGER ALERT! another one popped up on the bay last night as I was sitting in front of the campfire. I searched for YEARS for this kit, and now they are popping out of the woodwork,,amazing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carl-Goldberg-Ranger-42-Wooden-Foam-Remote-Control-RC-Airplane-Plane-Kit-/110835152511?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item19ce4a367f

To answer the above question, the single sheet build plans shows a Medallion 09 in the engine bay. Usually included is a set of mounting blocks to adapt whatever engine in the kit range to fit onto the oem epoxy'd in place 1/4x14 square stock.

When I built my first one 25+ years ago, I used a G-mark .061 R/C.. And to be completely honest, I never got to fly it. I had it all completed and ready to maiden, when life intterupted horribly. Our family was moving at the time, and the thing got completely crushed during that. It was destroyed. I have seen them fly at different fields with electric power and glow and they are a real nice floater. The non-steerable nose gear is a non-issue, they jump right off the ground when built light. I have seen fellas adapt and modify the nose gear to steer, but it usually adds a bunch of weight.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:20 am

Holy Cats! A RANGER SURGE ! Someone here needs to get it !!!

Thanks for the input on powering it. My Medallion .09 has a lot of time and glory under it's belt, so I may allow my lonesome Queen Bee the first shot at dragging the Ranger around the sky.

I feel your pain over the destroyed Ranger. I can accept smacking a plane into the ground...having it "Die with it's boots on" so to speak, but REALLY get ticked off at damaging them in transport or going through a door. I also seem to draw observers who like to step over my parked plane on a wide open ramp...and are usually shocked at the sudden change in my otherwise pleasant demeanor !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:44 am

I do the same thing with my kids Kim! Plenty of room but, they seem to want to jump over the plane!

Those Rangers are sharp! Most Goldberg kits are though in my opinion.

I would like to do a Jr. Falcon one day.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:10 am

check out the sellers other stuff such as a ringmaster for 09~15. He is selling a lot of cool old stock kits
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:15 am

fredvon4 wrote:check out the sellers other stuff such as a ringmaster for 09~15. He is selling a lot of cool old stock kits

Gonna check it now!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:39 am

I thought all those other kits were included at first glance. I WAS IN TO WIN!!,,but then I read the fine print below the ad.

I spotted another deal and I am keeping a eye on it, looking pretty tasty so far.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 am

My C.G. "Ranger 42" arrived yesterday, and looks to be in pretty good shape for such an old gal! The stab/elevator is a little bent, and the foam of the kit is a little yellowed, but I was prepared to make some allowances!

I may be wrong (plenty of practice at that) but it LOOKS to be a reasonable size for my throttled Tee Dee .051. The instructions call for an .09, but with today's much lighter radio gear, I've GOT to think that the .051 ought to haul it with authority.

I also want to install a steerable nose gear (I know---adding weight) since I love driving these things around on the ground, taxiing for takeoff, and back to the "ramp".

Gonna let the ailerons ride and just use three channels. I also want to duplicate, as much as possible, the original box-art paint scheme and colors. The decals are brittle and may turn to soup if I try to transfer them, but we'll see.

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! 1_92
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 am

Excellen t Buy Kim
What are you using to throttle the 051?
J
Cool
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 am

Good morning John!

I'm gonna try one of Bernie's throttle assemblies. I've had it stuck to this engine for several months, intending to get it on the test stand, but it hasn't stayed in my attention-span long enough be done. Figure to try it here shortly, as my bud Patrick has suddenly started digging out all kinds of goo-covered clunkers for me to test, and the stands ought to be out and handy!

If it's too short of "Good Stuff", I've got assorted other bigger dogs that would fit (with some hacking).

Goldberg "Ranger 42"...Like I NEED another project ! Tee_de12
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:06 am

XLNT Kim
I've just got B's carb and (sad git alert) weighed it against the Tarno.
Bernies 9grams
plays
Tarno 13grams

Without wishing to heap undue praise anywhere, Bernies looks a lot less 'garden shed' than the Tarno.
It has an adjustable airbleed (ala YS) and finer pitch needle as well so it'll be very interesting to see
which does what. Looks as though you're weeks in front of Capn Braincell here so I'm looking
forward to your findings.
J Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:51 am

Cool. Not to bad of shape. The yellowing is just a touch of water soak/absorption or direct sunlight. I had a local vinyl print shop duplicate some Cox electro charger decals that I carefully peeled off of a plane, so that might be a option. My sets are pretty crusty so that will happen for me (reprint).

I might add a full length spruce spar to my wing for a bit more rigidity,,or maybe a carbon fiber rod, full length. I'm thinking ailerons and cutting the wing and flatteing it out to reduce the incidence just a bit.

PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:04 pm

Cool! Looks like we're gonna have to form a "Ranger 42" and "Lil' Swamp Buggie" Club !

My Ranger is just gonna be a Sunday Cruiser....maybe let a couple newbies take a turn to scare me with it...just to keep my recovery skills current !!!

P.S. I ought to know the answer, but what's a good paint for foam? Got to get me some red and black...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Acrylic, then poly, then butrate, is the order. I believe. I need to read back up on that.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Acrylic, then poly, then butrate, is the order. I believe. I need to read back up on that.

Woot! and brand names too please !!! Just got an attack 'o ignorance !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next