Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Cox_ba12

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty
Live on Patrol

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates

Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates

Post  Jason_WI Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:38 am

Yes you read that right, I am looking for plier marked TD/Medallion 049 and 09 drive plates. Dig in your junk boxes and see what you have. Let me know what you have by private message.

Here is a picture of what I'm looking for:

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Imgp2612

Jason
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty Re: Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:48 am

Jason_WI wrote:Yes you read that right, I am looking for plier marked TD/Medallion 049 and 09 drive plates. Dig in your junk boxes and see what you have. Let me know what you have by private message.

Jason

I have a chewed-up Medallion .09 prop driver, if you want it PM me your address

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty Re: Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates

Post  Kim Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

Jason_WI wrote:Yes you read that right, I am looking for plier marked TD/Medallion 049 and 09 drive plates. Dig in your junk boxes and see what you have. Let me know what you have by private message.

Jason

A man of the same passion !!! I shall check tonight for innocent, abused drive plates just waiting to be appreciated !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty re: plier marked TD drive plates

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Jason

Jason_WI: looks like someone in WI has a lathe and a plan?? hmmm. i'll look tonight.
i should talk to you about the engine test stand Admin commented about recently. i am a retired electronics engineer with moderate mechanical background, but very limited tools such as a metal lathe, etc. i contacted Admin about making a version of the engine test stand he saw on ebay. i have found steel stock that i think will work and have very limited access to metal working tools where i used to work. about all they have left after laying off everyone except sales and support staff are a small cutter and a small metal brake for bending, i don't intend to bend anything other than the flat piece used to mount the stand to a bench. the other pieces can be made from square steel extrusion. i'll include a pic of the stand and i would welcome any comments. again i wasn't a mechanical engineer, but the project doesn't need one.

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Testst11

happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  daviddiag Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I would fear marking or scratching my engines with these steel clamps. Wood is forgiving. Smile
daviddiag
daviddiag
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty re: wood clamps

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm

daviddiag wrote:I would fear marking or scratching my engines with these steel clamps. Wood is forgiving. Smile

daviddiag: thanks for the input. we can always add a wood block at the clamp area. i'll look into that.

happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

happydad wrote:
daviddiag wrote:I would fear marking or scratching my engines with these steel clamps. Wood is forgiving. Smile

daviddiag: thanks for the input. we can always add a wood block at the clamp area. i'll look into that.

happydad

Futaba Radio
I think adding strips of leather (any scrap should do) would be your best bet.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Happydad,

I have a plan. The TD .09 drive plates I convert to use with the large splined crankshafts that were used on the 049 car engines. See the pic below:

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Car_en11

The TD .049 drive plates will be converted to use with the tapered car crankshafts. No pic yet but when i get one done I will post a pic.

I have a lathe but no milling machine. I thought about making my own then I just broke down and bought one from Jtec. All aluminum and has never marred any of my engines that I have run in it.

Jason
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Not to rain on anyone's parade(it is raining here), but I've been using this same stand for 20+ years
and it's always worked well for me. I replaced the clamp nuts with wingnuts(1/4-20).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-GOLDBERG-HARDWOOD-ENGINE-TEST-STAND-NEW-/261041202683?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc744a5fb
This is a somewhat of a steal if you are interested in this type of stand.
As far as I know, this is the last incarnation of the old wood design, and
they aren't being made anymore.
Sorry 'bout the off topicnessage. Embarassed
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
happydad wrote:

happydad

Futaba Radio
I think adding strips of leather (any scrap should do) would be your best bet.

nitroairplane: i like it. quick, easy, cheap and effective. thanks for the tip. +1.

happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

dckrsn wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade(it is raining here), but I've been using this same stand for 20+ years
and it's always worked well for me. I replaced the clamp nuts with wingnuts(1/4-20).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-GOLDBERG-HARDWOOD-ENGINE-TEST-STAND-NEW-/261041202683?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc744a5fb
Bob

dckrsn: not off topic. i think everyone has there own personal taste. thanks for bringing up another choice. +1 also. isn't that what this forum is for. ideas centered around cox engines?? good ideas.

happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Jason_WI wrote:Happydad,

I have a plan. The TD .09 drive plates I convert to use with the large splined crankshafts that were used on the 049 car engines. See the pic below:

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Car_en11

The TD .049 drive plates will be converted to use with the tapered car crankshafts. No pic yet but when i get one done I will post a pic.

I have a lathe but no milling machine. I thought about making my own then I just broke down and bought one from Jtec. All aluminum and has never marred any of my engines that I have run in it.

Jason

Jason_WI: i was looking for something like this for nitrosmeller. did you forget to downsize the pic to 640 pixels?? we don't see the front end of the .049, but i think you showed it somewhere else. so where do you get the prop driver plates for cox TD .09 engines, (hint: wanted plier scarred TD .09 size prop driver plates??)??
or reasonably priced?? $4.95 each is not reasonable. especially for a retired no income person. happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 pm

happydad wrote:

Jason_WI: i was looking for something like this for nitrosmeller. did you forget to downsize the pic to 640 pixels?? we don't see the front end of the .049, but i think you showed it somewhere else. so where do you get the prop driver plates for cox TD .09 engines, (hint: wanted plier scarred TD .09 size prop driver plates??)??
or reasonably priced?? $4.95 each is not reasonable. especially for a retired no income person. happydad

Futaba Radio

If you click on most pictures here they open in another window and you can see all of them.

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:55 pm

happydad wrote:
dckrsn wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade(it is raining here), but I've been using this same stand for 20+ years
Bob

dckrsn: not off topic. i think everyone has there own personal taste. thanks for bringing up another choice. +1 also. isn't that what this forum is for. ideas centered around cox engines?? good ideas.

happydad

Futaba Radio
TNKS H.D. Wink
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty re:pics

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
happydad wrote:

Futaba Radio

If you click on most pictures here they open in another window and you can see all of them.

Wilf

all: like i said i had seen the pic before. no worries. happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty re: wood engine test stand

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:01 pm

dckrsn wrote:
happydad wrote:
Bob

happydad

Futaba Radio
TNKS H.D. Wink

HD: make note to self. next project. wooden engine test stand. LOL. happydad

p.s. surf's up dudes. waves are calling me. gotta go. LOVVL

Futaba Radio

Last edited by happydad on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : p.s. adding a little humor)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Empty re: wooden test stand

Post  happydad Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 am

Bob

dckrsn: so tell me what you think of my version of a wooden engine test stand. i don't have the money at present to purchase the steel stock i needed, but i did have a piece of 1 1/2in. x 1 1/2in. stake wood lying around. so after about 1 hour cutting with my $69.00 harbor frieght tools jigsaw and hitting home depot for a couple of carriage bolts, washers, lock washers and wingnuts this is what i came up with. i need to make a little refinment as it fits .049 size engines o.k., but the moveable piece wont come close enough for a .010 or .020 size engine, (which i don't have anyway). please comment.
the stand is about 8inches wide x 1 1/2inches deep and will have 2 different adjustable pieces to grip the TD style mounts. one for small engines and a thicker one for .09 and above sizes. this is my first prototype so please comment away.
p.s. the test stand is shown holding my ghost medallion .051 spoken of in other posts in this forum.
so far the cost is less than $2.00.
happydad Very Happy

Futaba Radio

Wanted: Plier marked TD drive plates Ghstte12
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down