Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Cox_ba12

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Empty
Live on Patrol

Looking for this: suggestions appreciated

Go down

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Empty Looking for this: suggestions appreciated

Post  SuperDave Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:04 am

A built-up wing AND fuselage 1/2A stunter kit suitable for a Cox TD .049-.051.

(While there are lots of built-up wing kits available I can't seem to find ones that also have a built-up fuse.)

If nothing is available in kit form I'd consider scratch-building from a plan.

Thanks for any responses.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Empty Looking for this: suggestions appreciated

Post  Ken Cook Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:20 am

Hello Dave, I think your best bet would be the Pinto from http://www.rsmdistribution.com/index-2.htm go to control line kits and click for 1/2A's. Brodak kits the Oriental designed by Dee Rice which is this plane's bigger brother. Great flying plane and was designed for Tee Dee power. The Brodak Pathfinder in 1/2A is a extremely good flying plane although profile, it flies like a full bodied stunter. The profile Pathfinder could be flown competitively if needed.Not too many kits in full body for 1/2A. The Stork is another good flying profile with large square inches now available from Brodak. There's certainly a shortage of full bodied 1/2A's. The next thing is to find some M.A.N plans and scratchbuild. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Empty Re: Looking for this: suggestions appreciated

Post  SuperDave Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:42 am

Thank you Ken

The Brodak "1/2A Pathfinder" is on my default list should I fail to find a full-bodied plane.

I'd like to mount the TD inverted and cowled-in as on larger stunters. I realize that mounting inverted presents a potential flooding problem but I can deal with that. It's also possible for me to obtain the above kit and then improvise a built-up fuse using the outline of the profile fuse.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....................
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Empty Re: Looking for this: suggestions appreciated

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 am

Dave,

Joe Wagner designed a lot of 1/2A full fuse kits. You can still get the plans online or from Joe himself I believe. Not sure if you are up for a scratch build though. I know you don't like Ebay but, I see the old kits a lot on there. I suppose swap meets are an option too.

Chief, Scout etc..........
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:51 am

The Pinto is in the inverted position. I actually prefer it. I've never had too much of a problem starting them inverted. I always start the plane upside down and then flip it over. My son and I have a very good system together to be safe and insure no accidents. Some would find it difficult to swallow the price, but Eric does a fine job of laser cutting. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:21 pm

That Pinto is sharp.

I'd be afraid someone would run into the back of it and it would burst into flames. Wink
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dosokies Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Have you looked at Ray Stone's 1/2A models on the Minnesota Modeler site? Check out the 1/2A Snapper. It is an old design, but it flies great. I built one back in 1955 and put a thermal hopper in it. More recently, I bought one of his Snapper kits to install a black widow in. If you aren't familiar with his planes, you can find his website at:

http://minnesotamodeler.webs.com/halfastunt.htm

Ed
dosokies
dosokies
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:24 pm

If you are up to scratch building, consider the "Tercel". It used a TeeDee .049.

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Gerorge, that's one I forgot about. A very nice design . Built light things should do well. Barry Baxter plan service has plans. I really like that period in modelling where you had this jet kind of look. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:59 am

shawn cook wrote: Gerorge, that's one I forgot about. A very nice design . Built light things should do well. Barry Baxter plan service has plans. I really like that period in modelling where you had this jet kind of look. Ken

Keith Trostle was considering an update at one time. You might want to contact him and see if he has a later version or could guide you on the improvements he intended.

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ahrma_581 Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:21 pm

This just popped up on Outerzone: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3112

Pretty lines. It's a 46" span stunter for a .35, but the .pdf could be downsized to 1/2a span easily. Fiddle the wood sizes, drop the rib capstrips, bury the bellcrank and leadouts in the wing and it would be sweet. Oh, doesn't show all the ribs for the tapered wing, too bad.
ahrma_581
ahrma_581
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:57 am

SD -

If you're still on the hunt, here are a couple of possibilities. I can email the plans in PDF if either or both appeal to you. The first is the Chihuahua; the second is a Zilch Pee Wee. Both have builtup wings and fuselage and both have nice lines. The constant chord wings will keep construction simple; the Chihuahua fuselage will probably be a little easier to build.

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Chihua10

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Zilch_10
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:11 am

And yet another candidate -- a Keil Kraft Skystreak. This one is interesting in that the wing is detachable -- not very common on C/L.

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Kk-sky12

Looking for this: suggestions  appreciated Kk-sky11
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down