Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Cox_ba12

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again !

Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again !

Post  sport pilot Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 am

Hi mates, my personnal pleasure to be here with all of you. Im looking for the measures from the Cox ME-109 Stunt made some years ago by Cox. A close freind of mine have fond memories from this plane (the one with the foam stunt wing) and wants greatly to make a reproduction one for his use using foam for the wings and making the rest of the plane in balsa, utilizing the original OEM measures and moments from this great lil stunter.
If possible and available from someone I will ask for measures, drafts, pictures, illustrations or anything that would contain data so he could remake the plane Babe Bee .049
Many thanks in advance for everyone
Warm regards Small Cox Logo
Carlo
sport pilot
sport pilot
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty Re: Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again !

Post  Ivanhoe Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:49 am

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Welcom10

Welcome to the forum, Carlo

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty Re: Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again !

Post  microflitedude Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:17 am

Welcome
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  sport pilot Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:14 pm

Many thanks Wilf RC Plane
All the best matey

Carlo
sport pilot
sport pilot
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty re: cox me-109 stunt

Post  happydad Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 pm

sport pilot wrote:Hi mates, my personnal pleasure to be here with all of you. Im looking for the measures from the Cox ME-109 Stunt made some years ago by Cox. A close freind of mine have fond memories from this plane (the one with the foam stunt wing) and wants greatly to make a reproduction one for his use using foam for the wings and making the rest of the plane in balsa, utilizing the original OEM measures and moments from this great lil stunter.
If possible and available from someone I will ask for measures, drafts, pictures, illustrations or anything that would contain data so he could remake the plane Babe Bee .049
Carlo

how close was the me-109 stunt to the cox chipmunk or cox hyper viper? i have both i am selling for someone else and could take pics or measurements. the chipmunk has a solid foam wing with hard plastic body and the hyper viper has a semi-solid, (hollow), wing with hard plastic body.
and welcome to the cox engine forum. happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  sport pilot Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:57 pm

happydad wrote:
sport pilot wrote:Hi mates, my personnal pleasure to be here with all of you. Im looking for the measures from the Cox ME-109 Stunt made some years ago by Cox. A close freind of mine have fond memories from this plane (the one with the foam stunt wing) and wants greatly to make a reproduction one for his use using foam for the wings and making the rest of the plane in balsa, utilizing the original OEM measures and moments from this great lil stunter.
Carlo

how close was the me-109 stunt to the cox chipmunk or cox hyper viper? i have both i am selling for someone else and could take pics or measurements. the chipmunk has a solid foam wing with hard plastic body and the hyper viper has a semi-solid, (hollow), wing with hard plastic body.

Futaba Radio RC Plane

Hi Happydad, many thanks by the welcome votes mate, thanks.
If you dont mind the pictures will be very very nice.
Thanks in advance by your kind offer. The pictures will be very nice Biplane
I think that these models are basically the same, with some cosmetics mods.
All the best
Carlo
sport pilot
sport pilot
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty re: chipmunk pics

Post  happydad Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:59 pm

sport pilot wrote:
happydad wrote:
Carlo

Futaba Radio RC Plane

Hi Happydad, many thanks by the welcome votes mate, thanks.
If you dont mind the pictures will be very very nice.
Thanks in advance by your kind offer. The pictures will be very nice Biplane
I think that these models are basically the same, with some cosmetics mods.
All the best
Carlo

i'll include a pic of each plane. look them over and ask for more then i will send to you thru PM, private message, if that is o.k.?
Cox Chipmunk - solid foam wing
Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Coxchi10

Cox Hyper Viper - hollow wing
Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Coxvip10

let me know if you need more information. happydad Small Cox Logo
Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  sport pilot Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:21 am

Great pictures Happydad, thanks. Could you also give, if possible the general measures from the plane like: wingspan, wing chord, stabspan and stab chord, nose lenght, tail moment lenght, and also the rudder lenght and highness ?
Total fuse lenght and highness also will be very useful if possible RC Plane
With this moments and pictures the task will be a lot of easier
Thanks a lot again mate.
Warm regards

Carlo
sport pilot
sport pilot
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty re" cox hyper viper

Post  happydad Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:08 pm

sport pilot wrote:Great pictures Happydad, thanks. Could you also give, if possible the general measures from the plane like: wingspan, wing chord, stabspan and stab chord, nose lenght, tail moment lenght, and also the rudder lenght and highness ?
Total fuse lenght and highness also will be very useful if possible RC Plane
With this moments and pictures the task will be a lot of easier
Thanks a lot again mate.
Warm regards

Carlo

i'll mark it up later and post tonight. grandkids dominate right now. happydad Small Cox Logo
Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  sport pilot Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks so much Happydad RC Plane
sport pilot
sport pilot
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Empty re: Cox hyper viper measurements

Post  happydad Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:31 am

sport pilot wrote:Thanks so much Happydad RC Plane

well here they are. i only did the hyper viper so far. having the grandkids all day make for a short day to get anything done. but they do like the aeroplanes. LOL.

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Coxhyp10

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Coxhyp11

these pictures are higher resolution than i usually post and i hope they don't take too long to load.
if you need additional information please feel free to ask.
p.s. sorry about the kitchen. it was late and the sun was long gone for the outdoor shots. happydad Small Cox Logo
Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:21 am

Photo from the box

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Img_1110
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sport pilot Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

Boys, thanks a lot by great your help
All the best Babe Bee .049
Carlo
sport pilot
sport pilot
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 am

crankbndr wrote:Photo from the box

Cox me-109 stunt measures - for a friend - he wants to build one again ! Img_1110

can you tell if the wing of the ME-109 is solid foam or semi-solid? the hyper viper seems to be solid along the leading edge, but not back a couple of inches. i'm not sure what is inside, but it feels hollow with a "skin" of about 1/16inch thick foam sheeting. maybe over ribs or a honeycomb of some sort. the ME-109 looks nice though. happydad. Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:34 am

My ME-109, Chipmunk and Hyper Viper all have solid one piece wings. The early ME-109s and Chipmunks had two piece hollow wings
that taped on to the fuse. You can tell the hollow wings have a plastic insert for the tips.
I just saw there is no early ME-109, it was called a Super Stunter.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm

I sent you a pm on the Butcher Bird plans. When you bought replacement wings for the Super Stunter they came with plans for a balsa profile cl plane using the blue foam wings. I have the plans. This guy told me he had many sets of the blue wings for around $25 a pair. http://myworld.ebay.com/ghouliemotors&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2533 I have bought several cox items from this guy and have been happy. Mike
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ahrma_581 Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Canopies are still available from Bernie: http://coxengines.ca/cox-me-109-canopy.html

Last edited by ahrma_581 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coloring link)
ahrma_581
ahrma_581
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down