Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Cox_ba12

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Empty
Live on Patrol

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19

Go down

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Empty And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19

Post  Kim Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Got this from Ebay...figuring to buy myself a runner, but it turns out that it looks to have never been flown, or even rolled across a coffee table for that matter.

So...since I've already got several flying PT's to give the thrill of see that classic profile out at the end of my lines, methinks this one shall enjoy a place of honor (my dining room table) for a considerable while. Thus I have amended my disdain for Hangar Queens, at least for now !!!

OK...let's proceed with the feast !

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 1_22

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 2_21

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 3_16

Last edited by Kim on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Empty Re: And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19

Post  John Goddard Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Very Nice Kim
Do we know what year?
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Empty Re: And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Shame on you Kim. I used to think you were so cool.

I mean c'mon you flew your Rivets! lol!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Thimble Drome stamped on the tank and no spring starter. What's that ring around the cylinder? Besides the colors, maybe those are clues. I wonder if that color is some special edition. Fly it, Kim! Flat and happy, nothin' fancy.

EDIT: The crankcase is pressure tapped.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  lousyflyer Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 pm

That little hole in the leg on the crancase is for a throttle sleeve return spring used on three line systems. Never saw a PT 19 with a throttle sleeve. I'm thinking the engine was swapped.

Very nice plane.
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Looks like the Miss America P-51
product engine screwed onto an
early Bee tank assembly.
Beautiful looking PT-19 Kim.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 pm

John Goddard wrote:Very Nice Kim
Do we know what year?
Not sure, but figure it to be early to mid 1960's. The pilot busts are individual units, with tabs that slot into the cockpit sides. This is close to the year model of the PT my Uncle let me fly, though his was a battered veteran of "The Training Wars" !

I had always argued that I remembered his plane having a while fuselage, and now can see why...his was a really faded yellow like this one.

Wayne's trainer had a lot more "character" than this one, with a strip of aluminum wrapped over the gap where the leading edge had lost a fight with a fuel can, and plenty of cracks running through it's airframe !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Shame on you Kim. I used to think you were so cool.

Yep...it can be a tough time when our heroes fall....
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:45 pm

lousyflyer wrote:That little hole in the leg on the crancase is for a throttle sleeve return spring used on three line systems. Never saw a PT 19 with a throttle sleeve. I'm thinking the engine was swapped.

Very nice plane.

Yeah...I figured that it probably wasn't the original engine because of the sleeve, and also, the cylinder has machined flats for a wrench...can't remember when that started, but the info is here somewhere or over on Mark's .049 Group. Still mighty close to my kid-memories though, and I can match up some parts from my Bee Graveyard to get it closer.

And yes...I'll probably break down and fly it at some point, but for now, it's world is the Kitchen Table !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 Empty re: beautiful plane

Post  happydad Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm

[quote="Kim"]Got this from Ebay...figuring to buy myself a runner, but it turns out that it looks to have never been flown, or even rolled across a coffee table for that matter.

So...since I've already got several flying PT's to give the thrill of see that classic profile out at the end of my lines, methinks this one shall enjoy a place of honor (my dining room table) for a considerable while. Thus I have amended my disdain for Hangar Queens, at least for now !!!

OK...let's proceed with the feast !

And sometimes...you just got to eat some crow...My Ebay PT-19 1_22

Kim: beautiful plane. I nominate it for Cox plane of the month. is there a category for that like the engine of the month? happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Don't think there is any "Official Category" yet, but we could ask Rusty or one of the moderators what they think.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Kim wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:Shame on you Kim. I used to think you were so cool.

Yep...it can be a tough time when our heroes fall....

Good one Kim........
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudhen Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Last edited by Mudhen on Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Mudhen
Mudhen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:04 pm

If that is eating crow then serve me up a big helping. It sure is a pretty plane, "correct" or not. Enjoy it what ever way you use it.

Bob
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Mudhen wrote:That's a 1966 QZ PT-19. It was started along with the QZ Corvette for the new "Quiet Zone" line of models. Eventually the QZ - Stuka, P-51, SB2C Helldiver, and Chaparral were added.
The rudder on your model is incorrect. (It looks like the rudder from the all white PT-19 from the late 70's.) You need a red rudder. (If you like I can send you one.) Although the engine is the correct vintage, it's not correct for the airplane. You need a cat. # 450 .049 which had a muffler, twin ported cylinder, and high compression head. I may have one of these that I can give you as well...I just need to fish around a bit. The engine you have looks like a 350-2 Babe Bee with speed control, albeit sans throttle spring.
That's a nice looking model, Kim. To me the fading sort of gives it a cool vintage appearance. Kinda like a '59 Les Paul.
Mud

Hey Mud !!

Thanks ! If you can find the rudder that'd be great, but I'd like to pay or trade you something for it. Same on the engine, if you think you could use it, I'll swap it to you !

The PT is now parked on the dining room table...may try to make some velvet "Museum Ropes" to encircle it !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:08 pm

The PT is now parked on the dining room table...may try to make some velvet "Museum Ropes" to encircle it !!!![/quote]

Now that's a hangar queen. happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down