Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox RC Interceptor Cox_ba12

Cox RC Interceptor Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox RC Interceptor Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox RC Interceptor

Go down

Cox RC Interceptor Empty Cox RC Interceptor

Post  ZACATTACK Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:20 pm

There are 2 Cox RC Interceptor Cars on E-Bay..These are .049 powered and have been brought to my attention by a friend of mine...these do look cool!! Any Idea on the value of one of these cars NIB...with a nice box to boot?? Are these rare and desirable by collectors? Prices?? Thanx!

Lew
ZACATTACK
ZACATTACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox RC Interceptor Empty Re: Cox RC Interceptor

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 pm

As I mentioned before, my Dad came home with one in 1978. It was pretty cool stuff back then even with the bulky radio gear. I can still remember the smell and watching that thing spin circles in our Cul de sac. Around 1984 I decided it was high time to take it apart and see what made it work. Stupid.............

It really is an oddity Lew and the fact they only pop up on Ebay rarely makes me wonder of the value myself. Surely someone on here has an idea of value. Of the two you mentioned I think the one that is almost new is the better bargain.

Ron

Cox RC Interceptor VMptZaQ
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZACATTACK Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:10 pm

$300 bucks for a NIB Car is cheap.Probably one of the better prices I have seen for Cox NIB Cars Ron. Some NIB Cox Cars make the price of rare engines like the Strato Bug look like nothing!! Like who knew our toys were going to be collector items one day?? Corvette NIB $1200, Teal GTO $1899.00 Holy S%*%!!! Another rare expensive thing to acquire is the Cox Snowmobile!!
ZACATTACK
ZACATTACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 am

Because I can't own them all I collect what I like. Do you ever do a back dated search on Ebay to see what they sold for in the past?
I wonder about Coxs choice of models when there were so many cool cars in that era. I drove the Corvette, Buick, GTO, Pinto and Vega. The Vette, GTO and Buick were cool, I have those models
but the Pinto and Vega were royal pieces of crap, GMs Vega was the worst. I don't want those models.
The Matador was an odd choice also.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ZACATTACK Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:37 am

Well....Lots of people consider some engines Cox made POS...but to some collectors..they are works of art and have some kind of symbolic value....The beauty is in the eye of the be-holder....If your collecting cars or engines...all of them are signifigant!!! I myself am looking for the Cox Funny Cars at the moment for the display motiff I am presenting with my collection (Racing)... The prices of NIB cox cars such as the GTO's & Corvette's are insane..I cannot justify spending $2000 on a toy car like these, CANT DO IT!!....P.S....The Vega and Pinto Funny Cars are way Coolio!! Just prop up the bodies and everyboady that comes into my house looks at them first..Crankbndr...I love the Funny Cars...all these plastic cars were made similarly in the same design motiff, only the quantity made, and year made, determines the price. I had a buddy with me visiting another collector at his house, he had a corvette and a riviera on display in his office and was explaining to us how much these cars are worth while showing my friend the box and manuals....We left and my friend, who is not a collector, thought he was totally NUTS and literally needed mental help for spending that kind of cash on such a "cheap" looking toy he stated!! Myself on the other hand had thought the conversation was normal and informative.....go figure!!! If you have a Pinto you wanna sell please PMME!! Just to note... Cox was into alot of different sponsorship/advertisment ploys in the early 70's putting their Cox name on the side of the actual Pinto Funny Car and Dragster for advertisment purposes, the drag races were a popular thing for the average american family to go to on weekends. Cox also held lots of signing events and presentations with drivers such as Bill Schifsky and Danny Ongais who would sign the boxes the customer was purchasing.... these Pinto's and Eliminator cars were Cox way of replicating the actual car, to me these cars are signifigant in cox's history and look way cool!! ...The company at the time these promotions were taking place was owned by Leisure Dynamics Inc.

Last edited by ZACATTACK on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZACATTACK
ZACATTACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 am

cribbs74 wrote:

Cox RC Interceptor VMptZaQ

I have a complete good box NIB Hydro Blaster boat and it uses the very same radio gear. Very heavy radio stuff, was probably it's downfall because it is so heavy. Everything radio wise is in a plastic cased sealed module, which was waaay ahead of it's time,,but heavy.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  ZACATTACK Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 pm

What are these worth in todays market??
ZACATTACK
ZACATTACK
Gold Member
Gold Member