Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Cox_ba12

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Empty
Live on Patrol

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Empty What's that? Another Super Ringmaster?

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Yep,

Another one in Wichita Kansas!

Owned by one of our new members, looks to be in real good shape and even has an original decal. I think a Fox .35 is destined to be in the nose. With all talk about Ringmasters I figured this one would fit right in. I'll let Gus the I.A. Fill you all in concerning the background story.

Gus is also a big fan of 1/2A Control line.

Ron

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? ZiVPM5b
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Empty Re: What's that? Another Super Ringmaster?

Post  GUS THE I.A. Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:46 pm

With some prodding, I'm unveiling my Super Ringmaster. It started as a project for my son and I, in the late 90's, but I've kinda taken over.

A 50th Anniversary FOX .35 on the nose, and a 2-1/2'' spinner. SIG Koverall on the wing with dope, and I have yet to finish covering the fuselage and top of the stab/elevator. I think it adds tremendous strength. If you saw me fly, you'd know why. It will finish-out white, with 2 shades of purple trim. It looks better than it sounds!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Empty Re: What's that? Another Super Ringmaster?

Post  RknRusty Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 pm

Man, we've got a regular Ringmaster forum going on around here. Maybe I'll jump in one of these days.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

I tried test posting a picture didn't seem to work. I haven't figured it out. Have to send them to Ron to get them on here, huh?
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 pm

Doug,

There is a sticky somewhere on here with a tutorial on how to post pictures. Darned if I could find it. Perhaps someone else here knows where it's located?

I'd be happy to post pics for you until you get it figured out.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Sweet!

I just glued most of the nose back on mine. I had a fastener size problem from the previous owner and my new engine. All better as the nose really needed to come off and get re-glued.

The Fox Stunt .35 (anniversary edition) I bought new lines up nearly perfectly with the exhaust just above the leading edge of the wing with the "down" muffler. It will definitely oil up the wing with this location. ALL the oil will hit the wing. Since I have not run my engine I may see about trading for the "Up" muffler. The "down" looks the part though, so I might just throw a silicone boot on it and call it done.

Is that the decal that the scan is in the other thread? I talked to my Office Depot and they say they will print on water glide paper if I provide the correct paper (laser). Their printer does not do white though so I'll have to hand paint that in.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 pm

One of the hobby shops here, sell 2 kinds of water-slide decal paper. A laser or inkjet type. I have used the inkjet one on some other plane projects, and it works just fine. I think it was 3 sheets 8-1/2 X 11, for $7.50.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 am

We changed the landing gear mounts to these nylon straps, and put a brass sleeve over the wire to fill the gap. The straps were for 5/32" wire. The cowl is covered with Koverall, already. I haven't chosen a tank for it, yet.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:34 am

Pictures...[img]http://i77.servimg.co[url=https://servimg.com/view/18218132/11]What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? 100_1114m/u/f77/18/21/81/32/100_1015.jpg[/img][/url]
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:37 am

Picture...What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? 100_1115
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:26 am

Bring 'em On !!! Man, this is fun !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 am

Nice pics Doug, didn't know you had the box,very cool.

Is the fuse a hollow log or is it built up? I would like to build one, but re-creating the fuse might be pretty hard. I think the rest is just regular old Ringmaster.

You need to knock that one out!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  jhaye Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am

Sweet, more Ringmaster nuts. I would like to build a Ringmaster Imperial for my first builtup fuselage.

Jim Hayes
jhaye
jhaye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:48 am

Doug,

Jim brings up a good point. You may want to join the "Brotherhood of the Ring" forum. Lot's of good info, my only qualm is that posts sometimes go unanswered and the forum pace is slow. Plenty of good helpful info though.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:18 pm

The fuselage is made with sheets and sticks with a few formers to hold it's shape. It is not difficult. There is alot more fuel-proofing that is needed on this one; I would regret not being thorough. And, you have to have a pilot! If it has a clear canopy, or cockpit area, you HAVE TO put in a pilot!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:30 pm

GUS THE I.A. wrote:...
And, you have to have a pilot! If it has a clear canopy, or cockpit area, you HAVE TO put in a pilot!

Yes. I get tired of "ghost pilots" Even a simple silhouette form without detail is fine.

I have a Tinkerbelle I saved off one of my daughter's old toothbrushes (it was the end of the handle, so I cut it off) that I plan to put in something. Just haven't found what yet. The Super is too big for this to visually fit, and mine has a pilot already anyways.

If worse comes to worse a ping pong ball with a face painted on, or simply smoking the windows looks better than a ghost pilot.

Painted windows on profile models look OK without painting in a pilot, although the effort is worthy.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:49 pm

I have naked Barbie and Ken in my Kadet Senior, Albert Einstein in the King Kobra, a highly modified Barbie in the Extra 300S, and so on. The solid fuselage planes...get a pass-but at least they're outlined where the cabin section is located. Ah, and if the instrument panel is visible-it has to be represented!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Back when I was married (~shiver~), I had my future-ex-wife's image in the left seat of my Lazy Bee. Still have photos of my Step-Son & Niece on board...and of course, my Ex-Mother-In-Law also...to scare away Evil Spirits !!!

Must have worked, since the 18 year-old Bee is still flying !!!

What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? Dscn0410
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Neato! This is the King Kobra, and a likeness of how the Ringmaster will be finished. If you look closely, you might see the instrument panel in there, in front of Mr. Einstein.
What's that? Another Super Ringmaster? King_k10What a doofus! I was looking at this picture, after posting it, and noticed that I transposed a couple of numerals of my AMA number. I'm fixing that, now! I've been flying this plane for a month! Duh!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Crap....now I need to find a good ringmaster kit for one of my Enya 35s... advice on best way welcome...prefer profile version
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 pm

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:33 pm

I want a Stiletto.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Fred, I would cut yourself a kit. I can tell you first hand, that if you even suspect a possible ground pounding in the future the RSM and Brodak kits aren't for you. The other problem is that they're really geared more towards modern .25's. They're light but they're not built like a Sterling kit. I've generated earth tremors with my Ringmaster fleet. The beauty of the Sterling kits is in the construction, when you snap the nose off of the front of the Ring, you grab the 5 min epoxy and your good to go in a few minutes. The newer laser cut kits are going to suffer severe wing damage. I've seen it done more times than I care to. The solid 1" leading edges however are difficult to obtain. Midwest still sells them but not one at a time. The iron wood that Sterling provided for leading edges was the real strength to the plane. Barry Baxter sells plans which are identical to the Sterling kit.

I have both the S-1 and the S-1A and by far the S-1 takes a beating much better than the other. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:57 pm

OK old guy here who has been following for a long time and familiar with all the 50s and 60s CL planes but did NOT do pattern...as a kid, COMBAT was the best poo you could do in a circle...so I built voodoos, mongeese, satans, and such

Please someone help me NOT spend a ton of time on GOOGLE and tell me what is diff from Ring Master to S-1, S6 or Pro

Better yet...all I want is a near true kit for the plane my dad flew in 1959 when I was 4 years old. My recollection was a Ring Master and a Nobler powered by points ignition McCoy 29s and 35s

My reconstruction of shop and barn is nearly done and I am about ready to build the multitude of aircraft accumulated this last year

CEF should sponsor a variant of the circle of the Ring
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next