Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Cox_ba12

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Empty
Live on Patrol

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability

Go down

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Empty News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability

Post  SuperDave Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 am

This morning, Brodak indicated that the revised version of the "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit should be available "around Christmas" for $35. I have asked to be advised whrn it is.

It will feature beam mount but a nylon radial-mount adapter with instructions on the conversion is also available @$3.49.

I SO what to fly a built-up wing 1/2A stunter again. Oh, for the "Baby Ringmaster" again. Sad

(This note will be sent to "Santa" too)
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Empty Re: News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability

Post  AT1984 Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:07 pm

SuperDave,

Pat King (PDK LLC Laser Cut Kits) sells a Baby Ringmaster...He is on Stunthangar.com forums. The "Baby" sells for $30 plus shipping. You might want to try looking on there.

Allen
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Empty Re: News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability

Post  nitroairplane Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:34 pm

AT1984 wrote:SuperDave,

Pat King (PDK LLC Laser Cut Kits) sells a Baby Ringmaster...He is on Stunthangar.com forums. The "Baby" sells for $30 plus shipping. You might want to try looking on there.

Allen

Does he only sell a profile .010 ru gmaster or a built up one as well?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:48 pm

SuperDave wrote:This morning, Brodak indicated that the revised version of the "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit should be available "around Christmas" for $35. I have asked to be advised when it is.
Sounds the same as the Bean I bought last Christmas. That nylon mount is a weak spot. I spent a week re designing the nose of mine after it snapped. I re-used the nylon, but bolstered it with part of the doublers that were for the beam mount option to distribute the impact forces.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 pm

Rusty:

The "Bean" by Brodak is an upgraded version rather than an original from Goldberg. I don't believe you older one is the upgrade but I may be incorrect on that. If the nylon radial mount is "weak" surely there must be better ones available.

I'll ask John Brodak himself when I place my order. He seems like "straight-up" likeable guy in the conversations that I've had with him. As you must known John is largely responsible for the revival of 1/2A CL flying and sponsors lots of different CL related events in Pennsylvania.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:01 pm

SuperDave wrote:Rusty:

The "Bean" by Brodak is an upgraded version rather than an original from Goldberg. I don't believe you older one is the upgrade but I may be incorrect on that. If the nylon radial mount is "weak" surely there must be better ones available.

I'll ask John Brodak himself when I place my order. He seems like "straight-up" likeable guy in the conversations that I've had with him. As you must known John is largely responsible for the revival of 1/2A CL flying and sponsors lots of different CL related events in Pennsylvania.

Maybe so, there must be something new and different.
Last year, mine was new laser cut wood with Brodak parts in a Goldberg replica box and also the Brodak Label. It recommended the Brodak .049 engine for the beam mount with the nylon clip as an alternative for Cox users. The plans were clearly labeled Brodak. BTW, it is a very good flying plane and is really fast with a good running Black Widow. It will effortlessly do any and all stunts. I love mine. It hand launches with no toss, when the holder lets go, it hauls ass off into the sky at full speed.

What I meant about the clip is how it differs from the old plywood and balsa built up nacelle with the plywood firewall on front. The picture on the box even has that. But when you build it, you insert a pair of hardwood sticks in the nose to stiffen it, and glue the clip mount onto the nose. It has no lateral strength, even with the hardwood sticks bracing it. My Stuntman23 has the same nose Goldberg used on many planes including the old Jumpin Bean. So if you decide to radial mount, you should consider adding additional braces to better distribute the shock of a powered nose-in, even on grass.

My Stuntman23 has the old type nose(yes they're both the same plane):
News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Th_SAM_0654-1News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Th_GreenDeath

Here's the brodak nose on my Jumpin Bean:
News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Th_100_3509News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Th_100_3592

Here's where it breaks:
News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Th_repairs4News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Th_repairs3

If you ever have the need, I'll post the pictures of my reenforcement, which has proven to be stronger without adding significant weight.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Empty PDK LLC Laser Cut kits...

Post  AT1984 Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Nitroairplane,

The picture I saw looks to be a built up wing.

*I'm trying to upload the image...it's not working*

If you can get on Stunthangar.com, look under "vendors", and "PDK LLC Laser Cut kits", and then "Kit pictures" It has a picture in there...

Allen
AT1984
AT1984
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 am

In my experience there is no better alternative than a built-up wing for stunt flying. The airfoil alone is the principle advantage. They fly inverted as well as they do normally. Critical also is the correct CG for best stunt performan.

I'll power my 'Bean with a BW of which I have several excellent runners. Rusty's 'Bean appears to have triangular stock adding lateral strength to the radial mount which is an excellent idea.

I prefer to fly using a landing gear rather than hand-launch. Seems to a save a lot of prop breakage and wing covering damage upon landings.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:35 am

Allen:

Thanks for the tip re: "Baby Ringmaster" source. I remember them flying very well years ago.

SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

News from Brodak re: "Lil Jumpin' Bean" kit availability Empty bean

Post  dankar04 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:50 am

Baby Ringmaster's shape everybody knows. Never built one but its cute. J-bean was decent plane. Had a TD .049 and it moved out back in the day. Early TD's were the best and ran very good.
Dan Flying
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down