Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Cox_ba12

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 7:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 3:59 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 3:15 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 6:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:47 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:22 pm

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:57 pm

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 2:59 pm

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 12:46 pm

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 11:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 1:28 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Empty
Live on Patrol

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!!

Go down

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Empty For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!!

Post  Kim Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:07 pm

As I continue to assault the 2nd bedroom in my little house (with an eye toward it actually HAVING a bed in it), I'm coming across all manner of Days-Gone-Past Artifacts, and with who better to share these precious pearls than those of a like-minded ilk here on CEF !

"Back In The Day" (early 1980's - 90's) I was what could have been described as a somewhat Rabid Radio Controller.  Other guys had bigger, fancier airplanes and radio gear, but NOBODY had more passion for this "Extension-of-Thy-Soul" pursuit than myself.  I dragged banners and flags and other airplanes, dropped bombs and ping-pong balls, fired JATO rockets, pulled smoke trails, flew crazy high, and down back alleys.  I flew planes off city streets, swamps, ponds, tiny backyards, ball fields, churchyards, airport ramps, and even the occasional legitimate R/C Field, somehow never accruing a lawsuit along the way.

The Holy Grail of Flight, in my world, wasn't the knife-edge, loops, rolls, lomchevaks, or other such big-sky flopping around.  It was the ability to place an aircraft PRECISELY where you intended...power or deadstick...wind or no wind...trees or lightpoles or doghouses notwithstanding.  PLANT the wheels of that plane where you called it...THAT was what impressed me!

As with ANY burgeoning Cult Leader, I needed a following of True Believers...so...I became an "Instructor".  I bought two, identical Airtronics Radio sets, along with a trainer-cord to connect them, and set about creating my church. If you so much as made direct eye contact with me, it seemed, you'd find yourself with your thumbs on the sticks of a transmitter, and me grouching at you, "You Got It!  Now, TRY to keep the sucker level!"

I WAS a task-master...under my direction, you weren't allowed to wander aimlessly about the sky, chopping power and HOPING you hit the runway.  NOOOOOO...you were REQUIRED to fly a "pattern", exactly like the ones hammered into the psyches of fledgling full-scale pilots.  Failure to obey these rules could, and sometime did, result in expulsion 'till the time you realized that your Instructor possessed much more wisdom than yourself...

Anyway, IF you did manage to get your plane (or my personal trainer if you proved to be a particularly bright student), into the air and return it to Earth (the part covered by a runway) with a measure of control and minimum of wingtip scruffing or nose dragging, you were awarded a cherished certificate (pirated from a similar one sold by Sporty's Pilot Shop) to document your newly-achieved stature.

I just found some copies of this precious parchment, and am willing to pass it on for use by all my fellow sufferers who choose the difficult path of trying to bring order to a new world; where technology will allow an fairly bright chimpanzee to easily do the things so painfully learned back in the day when guys built and flew their own planes...and fixed them when they broke them...

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Solo_c10

Last edited by Kim on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Empty Re: For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!!

Post  RknRusty Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:18 pm

What a classic! I love it. I need to give that to the trainers at my RC club. I finally joined a control line club too. I don't even have a badge of honor or certificate for having been trained in CL. I s'pose I'd have had to award it to myself.

Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Empty Re: For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!!

Post  Kim Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:25 pm

RknRusty wrote:What a classic! I love it. I need to give that to the trainers at my RC club. I finally joined a control line club too. I don't even have a badge of honor or certificate for having been trained in CL. I s'pose I'd have had to award it to myself.

Rusty

Hey...My Motto (one of many) is: "If Others Don't Recognize Your Genius...Well...It's Just ANOTHER Job You Got to Do Yourself !!!"
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Cool Kim! I haven't seen that solo certificate in many many years! I see you changed some wording Smile
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:34 pm

WingingIt74 wrote:Cool Kim! I haven't seen that solo certificate in many many years! I see you changed some wording Smile

Yeah, I got my original here somewhere...I'll post it if I can find it...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:34 pm

One I found on the WWW...
For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! Certificate-solo-flight
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Yeah....mine's faded a little...like me...

For the Use of All You Instructors Out There..."Official Solo Certificate" !!! First_10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down