Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Cox_ba12

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Today at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Today at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Today at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Empty
Live on Patrol

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general!

Go down

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Empty Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general!

Post  ian1954 Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:54 am

REMEMBER THIS IS TONGUE IN CHEEK! MEANT TO BE HUMEROUS IN A BRITISH WAY!

lol! I blame this site  lol! - I do lol!  lol!  - members on this site generate and fuel addiction. I am going to name names and cite examples!

How shall I start?

Here I am a modest collector  Laughing - limiting myself to small (under 1 cc diesels) unless they are British made. ( Oh and unless they are Cox engines) (or I like the look of them) (or they are cheap)( or ....................)

However, over the years I had collected a few Cox engines (just a few thousand!). Entering this site soon made me realise that there were Cox engines that I didn't have. The wealth of information, the historians all fueled a desire for me to examine my collection.

How frustrating! I quickly realised that it is IMPOSSIBLE to collect them all! Each engine has many potential variations - the Black Widow is a prime example - some of them aren't even black.

A recent posting about Strato Bugs also reminded me that there is a potential for 12 variants! I only have four - deep sadness, deep seated unrequited longing, occasional twitching and temperature fluctuations - it goes on and on. Hot  Cold  Hot  Cold 

Then we have members who supply further temptation for me to stray. This series of topics is a prime example. Comments my Ron , Ken and Doug have led me down the Fox path - although Fox hunting has been banned in England, I have found myself participating. I have now just picked up a Fox .46 - Is it any good? I don't care! I wanted one and got it cheaper than cheap. Then again comments by Ken lead me down all sorts of untrodden engine paths!

Then we have Jason. I post a picture of a Pfeffer 0.6 diesel. Difficult to find but a very distinct and attractive sqare headed diesel. He then PMs me (very nicely (and thank you)) and points me to a site where a chap is selling his collection.

The only engine left is a Pfeffer 0.6. Already got one methinks - then I see it has a different coloured head and the exhausts are different. WANT, WANT, WANT !!!!!!!!! It is delivered and I compare the two - they are different. This is followed by research  Tired w/ Coffee Read  and I find this

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Pfeffe10

I see that there are Mk 1 to IV, with a BB version Mk IV - that is five engines if I want them all. I have two at this stage. I quickly realise that I have a Mk III and a Mk IV but, although it is not clear from the above - there are different colour heads. Aaaargh!!!! DAMMIT! 

It then gets worse - I find a Mk IV BB version - I am on a roll methinks. I am then offered another which I accept - when it arrives it doesn't look like any one of the engines that have been catalogued. Paranoid 

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Mkxxxp10

This one has a recess in the crankcase front housing! Hot So how many of them are there? I wouldn't be in this quandry if Jason hadn't tempted me to a second purchase! lol! 

Now I have four but of how many?

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Pfeffe11

Then we have Ron (again) - following another posting he asks me if I have  Holland Hornet. I have three but I CAN'T FIND THEM. Now I can't  sleep wondering where these I stored these. Mark then rubs it in by posting his picture of one! Devil 

This is not to mention the constant temptation to build profile slabby things from Ron (yet again!, Doug, Rusty ( to mention but a few) - even though I don't like profile slabby things.

That combined with Doug present exampled of superbly finished and decorated planes making me want to spend more time finishing a model rather than taking it and flying it!

Then there is Roddie. Every time he comes up with an idea I am immediately tempted to spend time coming up with a quicker way of doing it and, perhaps, ending up with something I didn't need until I knew I wanted one.

Mind you, thinking of Roddie - there was I again tempted by this thin sheety thingies some call planes in the guise of a speed contest for fast flying scale look alikes. You all have no chance methinks Laughing 

It will only take literally minutes (well not more than two hours lol! ) to build a competition winner. I read the rules - got a drawing scaled it about a bit and then cut out a template ready to transfer to balsa. Foam templating is nice and quick.

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Mozzy10

Then Roddie modifies the rules to say only a single engine! Grrr! It wouldn't be a Mosquito with one engine. A good job it wasn't the Lancaster I was considering!

That's all for now.

Has anyone one else been affected, influenced or led astray by this site?
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Empty Re: Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general!

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:48 pm

When I joined here I knew nothing of flying. I just liked the engines and wanted to add to my tiny collection.

Well, I did that for a bit, all the while watching folks use these things and enjoying them. I decided to build a couple RC models, but they never took off. Rusty's videos intrigued me so I bolted a Babe Bee to my CG li'l wizard. I found out then what a joy these little engines are. My whole outlook on collecting has changed. Which is funny as this site usually fuels the collecting bug.

So, I would say the Forum has impacted me in a positive way. I don't collect much these days and engines I source are destined for use. I do have a good amount of backups
though  Very Happy 

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Empty Re: Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general!

Post  roddie Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:10 pm

ian1954 wrote: Has anyone one else been affected, influenced or led astray by this site?

you're kidding... right?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:12 pm

I must add that while I'm not up on my diesels and British engines, I get a big kick out of the pictures and seeing what's next. Thanks, Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Ken Cook wrote:      I must add that while I'm not up on my diesels and British engines, I get a big kick out of the pictures and seeing what's next. Thanks, Ken

Expect a bigger kick! When I get back from India, I will post some devastating beautiful and beyond belief American diesel engines!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Nice collection!
I don't see any of the RC versions there...?  lol! 

Here is a ballbearing, RC, engine. It has the smallest carb I've ever seen... Smile

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Img_0910

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Img_1413

Last edited by Surfer_kris on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Here is some info too;

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Scan1010
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Ian,
I just read this thread. I was already thinking about a twin class for next years Reed Speed. If there  is enough interest (you and me would be enough) we will do it.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:44 pm

JPvelo wrote:Ian,
I just read this thread. I was already thinking about a twin class for next years Reed Speed. If there  is enough interest (you and me would be enough) we will do it.

Jim

I will continue the build so that it is not left until the last minute. The hard work is done!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Here is some info too;

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Scan1010

Thanks for this. I always like to gather information.

I don't have and RC version but I do have engines with much smaller carbs! That will also have to wait until I get back home (almost 24 hour travelling time form where I am in India) - I will need a bit of recovery time as well!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:36 am

Surfer_kris wrote:Nice collection!
I don't see any of the RC versions there...?  lol! 

Here is a ballbearing, RC, engine. It has the smallest carb I've ever seen... Smile

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Img_0910

There is "small" but then again "tiny"   Beer Cheers 

Pfeffer Addiction!!!!! Well, addiction in general! Rv_5_c10
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Yes Yes Yes  ..just wish I had more  Burning Cash Burning Cash ... eBay have quit a few more engines now after being on this forum !!! Crazy Eyes Thank you one and all.Getback Have a good trip Ian1954 Airplane 
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down