Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story Cox_ba12

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story Empty
Live on Patrol

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story

Go down

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story Empty Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story

Post  vfxjim Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:17 am

Man am I tired of the propensity of eBay sellers to use the "let the pictures tell the story" protocol for describing their items. I've paid top dollar for more patchworks of married parts than I want to admit. Even the best high resolution -and they rarely are -photos don't show the mis-matched colors and textures of fuselage halves from different models. Nor do they reveal the one or more stripped out screws barely holding those parts together. And reproduction decals hacked out on a home printer are not "all original".

The same goes for engines but the factory did so much patchwork of their own, it's hard to know a kluge when it's under your nose. Thankfully, contributors to this great forum are making headway towards easing that problem.

Inaccurate or incomplete descriptions are nothing new to internet sales but this idea that the pictures should tell you everything you need to know, really bites.

"It appears to be un-flown and un-run but you be the judge".

Really?

Thanks for the vent --Jim
vfxjim
vfxjim
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story Empty Re: Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 am

The premise of Ebay is greed. Pure and simple. I am sure some folks are honest though.

People want top dollar for what they have and look past flaws in an attempt to get the most money possible.

The verbiage you posted is legalese to protect the seller. To compound the issue a lot of sellers don't have a clue as to what they are selling so it's a crap shoot.

I have been burned too so I feel for ya.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story Empty Re: Every picture DOESN'T (always) tell a story

Post  crankbndr Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:10 pm

crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Yeah, he didn't dress it up with a bunch of drippy descriptions. I'm guessing it's a real Venom? I wouldn't be as good at determining that as you and other Cox aficionados.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Yea...no.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm

He should have listed it as the "super Rare" Cox Venom. The one without the correct cylinder and piston combination:) Anyway, it looks used. My rule of thumb is if the description doesn't match the picture, no bid. Using the term "new" is meaningless too. I have gotten used engine that were listed as new a few times. I think in every instance, however, the seller has made the transaction right. I am very happy with ebay, as I currently have a cox engine collection that really wouldn't have existed without it. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 pm

I agree Andy, you don't always get what you ask for but sometimes more than you expect! You really need to kind ou know who ur dealing with but can be like a fortune wheel Huh... Smile Cool Getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  vfxjim Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 pm

I hope an aspiring Mouse rookie, that's heard a Venom is the way to go, doesn't come along and think he's getting a deal at whatever price the hammer brings for that one.
vfxjim
vfxjim
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:22 pm

anm2 wrote:

........  I am very happy with ebay, as I currently have a cox engine collection that really wouldn't have existed without it.  Andy

Couldn't agree more.  Come "down under" and see what you can find on the domestic market.  Ebay, for all its failings, has brought the world to me and created a collector who wouldn't have otherwise had access to anyting to collect.  Not just Cox.  We got a few of them out here, but the only other 1/2A stuff we ever saw was the Testors Fly 'em planes.  Other than that, OS, Enya and all the British & domestic Taipan diesels.  No K&B, no McCoy, little Fox, maybe some Webras and Super Tigres but nothing like what you folks in "The States" had access to.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down