Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! Cox_ba12

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Today at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Today at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Today at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! Empty
Live on Patrol

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers!

Go down

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! Empty So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers!

Post  Kim Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:01 pm

Well, I got all the PT's loaded into the van about the time our east wind tapered a bit, and with just enough daylight left for a couple quick Lazy Bee flights. This time, I had a couple Space Hoppers bolted to its snoot.

The hoppers were a little more cranky than the Gilberts that had flown the Bee around before, but they finally worked their differences with their common fuel line.

Got video on both flights and am gonna crunch it down here in a bit!

The Old Bee has now had 6 powerplants: it's long-time O.S. Max .010, an Enya TV .09, a P.A.W. .060 Diesel, a P.A.W. .09 Diesel, The Gilberts, and now a couple Space Hoppers.

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 1_53

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 6_31

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 18_14

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 10_22

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 2_66

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 6_33

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 8_25

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 9_23

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! 19_14
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! Empty Re: So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers!

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 pm

You Rock!!!!

How cool is that!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers! Empty Re: So the Lazy Bee Harassment Continues...Now It's Sporting Twin Space Hoppers!

Post  Kim Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:You Rock!!!!

How cool is that!

Thanks Ron! This one had a lot better audio harmonics that the Gilbert deal. Those two different size engines didn't sync like these two.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:44 am

Very Happy Very Happy That's Hopping Good Laughing Laughing Please post the audio ! I have one but never Heard one Run Shocked Thanks Kim, Good Morning Out there Very Happy Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  706jim Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Well that is totally cool!

Guessing that you use an electric starter with those overlapping props.

And land only when they both quit?
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Waffleman Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:02 pm

706jim wrote:Well that is totally cool!

Guessing that you use an electric starter with those overlapping props.

And land only when they both quit?

I'd imagine that they will quit within seconds of eachother because they both draw fuel through the same lines from the same tank Very Happy
Waffleman
Waffleman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks guys,

It IS fun messing with these odd combo's, even if it's a bit nerve wracking sometimes.

Much to chagrin of some of my buds, I won't hesitate to haul out my Hornet starter when one of these beasts gets a little snarky.  In this case, as with the Gilberts that were previously hanging off the Bee's snout, I wanted to try hand-starting them, in spite of the close proximity of the two 5-3's.  

The BIG deal here is plenty of pre-work with each engine WAY before trying to fly them.  I've had buds who took on REALLY challenging projects, doing good work all the way, UNTIL the moment of truth.  Many times, they were so burned out by the time the big day arrives, that they had a "heck with it!  let's do it" moment.  Sounds cool, but it can make nasty things happen.

So I ran each Space Hopper quite a bit before trying to fly the Bee with them.  One thing you CAN'T do anything about is that, unlike their Tee Dee descendants, they'll happily run backwards as well as forward!

You just got to be patient, choking off the fuel and restarting.  The whole process IS a bit like petting a scorpion, but it can be done.

The Gilberts DID tend to croak pretty close together, but one of the Space Hoppers always seems happy to hang on for a minute or two.  This wasn't a big deal as, taking a lesson from the guy with eight-Tee Dee-engined Spruce Goose, I had climbed the Bee to good altitude while both of them were pulling.  This gave plenty of time to trim that big rudder and continue 'till the other one died.

Here's the video I finally crunched down, sorry for the extra long segment during it's dead-stick glide...just liked capturing such a beautiful evening.

Later!  
    10-Fingers Kim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6JAjL_vcEw&feature=youtu.be
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum