Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

eBay international shipping solutions... Cox_ba12

eBay international shipping solutions... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by rdw777 Today at 5:56 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 5:52 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

eBay international shipping solutions... Empty
Live on Patrol

eBay international shipping solutions...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

eBay international shipping solutions... Empty eBay international shipping solutions...

Post  nitroairplane Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Many time our CECF members have lost out on eBay auctions due to sellers only shipping to their own country wether that be USA,UK Canada e.t.c.
Several of our kind members here have offered to handle shipping and bidding for me with US only auctions.
SO i would like to say that if there is any auction ending in the UK that you want i will handle shipping and if need be hopefully bidding.
when you bid PM for the address you need it to be sent to.
To take part in this I am saying you must be a silver member and have a reputation of at least 15.
So any one else want to offer these services openly.
I recommend only doing transactions for the shipping charges through paypal.
Hope we can help some guys out here.
PLEASE DO NOT HELD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEALS YOU DECIDE TO MAKE OFF OF THIS THREAD.
it is just here to help you.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

eBay international shipping solutions... Empty Re: eBay international shipping solutions...

Post  John Goddard Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:00 am

Stupid question alert Nitro!!!!
How do we build a reputation?
J
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

eBay international shipping solutions... Empty Re: eBay international shipping solutions...

Post  Kim Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:14 am

Like That !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  shell shock Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 am

im in for canadian only shippers. if this takes off, we should have a stickied list
shell shock
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:27 am

Yes we should!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 am

Just a suggestion.....
Seeing as I got clobbered an extra 35 bucks for an ebay mota that sold for 30 bucks last week, by the time
I paid my VAT and Parcelforce admin fees.

How about having a 'coalition of the willing' who might consider lower or no value customs declarations

on forms?

I'm sure there must be something over here we can get cheaply (or which is unavailable your side) for
you guys.
Decent teabags or real tea for example.

Smile

Last edited by John Goddard on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 am

Yeah when there Is a form to fill I declare as a gift.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am

Doesn't work coming this way any more Nitro.
Although it probably would for a toy engine that was obviously used.
HMRC have really tightened it up in the last couple years.

John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:47 am

John Goddard wrote:Doesn't work coming this way any more Nitro.

Doesn't it?
Why is that?
What if it is a gift?
How do they know?
Why all these questions?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
John Goddard wrote:Doesn't work coming this way any more Nitro.

Doesn't it?
Why is that?
What if it is a gift?
How do they know?
Why all these questions?

lol!
No
Cos they wised up to it sometime ago?
They ain't 'bovvered' gift or not if they deem it more than I think it's 17 quids worth you get stung anyway.
Ditto 4
Why not? Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:47 pm

That explains it!
Ronald Valentine sent me an engine ($250) and declared it as a gift but i had to pay £37 to get it from the post office depot Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Way round it if Ron didn't want to put 20 dollars on it would be for him to send it to someone else then it becomes second hand and therefore whatever value 'someone' else attaches to it. If it were me for instance it would be 30 grams of scrap
aluminium therefore worth about 10 bucks, add to that 10 bucks postage, total below 17quid hence no charge and MUCH
faster delivery.
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

eBay international shipping solutions... Empty I`m in

Post  Jaspur_x Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm

If you guys have troubles due to sellers will not ship international,I cn "middle" it for you. J
Just fill me in on the details because I havn`t shipped international yet.
But boy did I pay for it when I bought a clancy aviation yard bee kit from a guy in the UK, but you know how it is when you simply must have this particular item lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:58 pm

John Goddard wrote:Way round it if Ron didn't want to put 20 dollars on it would be for him to send it to someone else then it becomes second hand and therefore whatever value 'someone' else attaches to it. If it were me for instance it would be 30 grams of scrap
aluminium therefore worth about 10 bucks, add to that 10 bucks postage, total below 17quid hence no charge and MUCH
faster delivery.
Very Happy

Actually 5 grams Smile
But yeah he could do that but the problem is that they include eBay invoices.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

eBay international shipping solutions... Empty John

Post  Jaspur_x Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Now there`s the thinking
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:57 pm

It must be because I never buy anything expensive, but I've bought lots of things off US EBay, and never been charged anything on this side yet.

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Lucky.
If I never got charged it would be so much easier.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:35 am

I found this on a recent Ebay listing.
INTERNATIONAL BUYERS: Due to the new eBay commission changes, Pay Pal only recognizing shipping with tracking numbers and the 6050W regulations it has made it unprofitable to ship internationally due to the high shipping costs and eBay commission fees. The eBay fees for international shipping averages between $3.00 and $6.00 on top of the Priority shipping costs plus Pay Pal charges an extra 1% on all international transactions. If your country does not show on the shipping charges DO NOT BID! Those items are not available for international and your bids will be cancelled. The following applies only to those items that show international shipping:

jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:09 am

Have found nothing like that and I sell on eBay at least twice a moth and like 35% of that goes abroad and i have nevwr been to of these problems by eBay.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 am

BTW, recieved that package yesterday Indra,, Thanks a bunch!
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 pm

We ship 98% of our merchandise to international destinations and is is very rare that customs gets involved.

Never, ever, declare it as a gift unless it is really one. The custom's people are not that dumb and they usually go out of their way to inspect those packages.

Without in any way implying that we proceed thus but, if you are trying to get a package past customs, choose "other" on the CN 22 form, state "Hobby Supplies" (or whatever else that makes sense) and declare a value a bit less than that country's exemption:

USA: USD 200
Canada: CAD 20
European Union countries: EUR 22
New Zealand: NZD 100
Australia: AUD 100
Most South & Central American countries: USD 50 equivalent

DO NOT include any documentation. It is very rare that customs will flag these packages but they are within their rights to do so.

Having stated the above I would like to stress that I am not encouraging anyone to declare a lower value on the CN 22 form as, technically, it's a violation of the destination country's laws and, again for the record, we can't say that we do this either.
Rolling Eyes
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 pm

The way it is in the UK is we don't have to pay to receive unless it is worth more than £18 so yeah I am just saying Smile

One other thing.
What about a trade?
Me and another member have a pretty large trade going down is that a gift?
It has no real value as it is not merchandise.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:08 pm

£18, EUR 22 - about the same.

Exemptions usually include the price of postage but we use "stealth" postage and that really helps.

Trades are technically non-commercial and would not be taxed but don't expect a custom's officer to buy into that. They will treat it same as "gift".

The reality is that if someone sends a package with one or more used (or used-looking) items to another country, gives it a low value (after all, it's used) and marks it as "gift", there should be no issues.

However, when sellers such as us ship brand new merchandise in professional packaging with machine-created shipping docs, the "gift" is just not credible.

For those of you just selling occasionally, hand-writing CN22's and not having the appearance of commercial sellers, you should be just fine with the "gift" thing. It just has to look like a "gift" lol
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Well I mean on the list is.
A 3d bipe.
An lmh 110
And I think some other stuff.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:57 pm

That really depends if it is declared as £40 or less and arriving from outside the EU (within the EU exemptions are quite high) AND comes across as credible. In most cases customs errs on the side of the consumer unless it's blatant. Below some info in this regards for the UK:

2. Postal packages imported (arriving) from countries outside the EU

2.1 Does the sender have to declare the goods?

Yes. Under international postal agreements the sender must complete a customs declaration (form CN22 or CN23) which in most cases should be fixed to the package. The declaration includes a description of the goods, the value and whether they are gifts or commercial items. Any Post Office abroad should be able to give advice to the sender.

You are legally responsible for the information on the declaration; therefore it is in your own interest to ensure, wherever possible, that the sender abroad makes a complete and accurate declaration. If no declaration is made, or the information is inaccurate, the package may be delayed while we make further enquiries, or in some cases the package and its contents may be seized.

2.2 Do I have to pay import duties and/or import VAT on goods sent to me?

Most goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU are liable to any or all of the following taxes:

■ customs duty
■ excise duty
■ import VAT

and must be paid whether:

■ you purchase the goods or receive them as a gift
■ the goods are new or used (including antiques)
■ the goods are for your private use or for re-sale

2.3 What are the limits for customs duty and import VAT?

■ Commercial consignments of £15 or less are free from customs duty and import VAT. For example, goods purchased over the internet with an intrinsic value not exceeding £15, will not be charged any duty or VAT but this does not include alcohol, tobacco products, perfume or toilet waters. See paragraph 2.6, 2.7 and section 3.

■ If you are sent a gift with a value of £40 or less, and which complies with the rules shown in paragraph 2.5, it will be free from customs duty and import VAT, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters.

■ Customs duty becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135 but duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is less than £9.

In summary:

Goods Value*

Customs Charges applicable

£0.01 to £15
■ No customs duty
■ No Import VAT

£15.01 to £135
■ No customs duty
■ Import VAT due

£135.01 and greater
■ Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9
■ Import VAT due

*excludes the following goods: alcohol; tobacco products; perfumes and toilet waters. These items do not benefit from the relief of customs duty or VAT at import, and alcohol and tobacco products will also be liable to excise duty.

There are a number of other circumstances where relief from some or all customs charges may be available. If you think your goods may be eligible for a relief you should contact the Excise and Customs Helpline on Tel 0845 010 9000 for further information.

2.4 Gifts

Goods sent as a gift that are over £40 in value are liable to import VAT. Customs duty also becomes payable if the value of the goods is over £135 but is waived if the amount of duty calculated is less than £9.

To qualify as a gift:

■ the customs declaration must be completed correctly
■ the gift must be sent from a private person outside the EU to a private person(s) in this country
■ there is no commercial or trade element and the gift has not been paid for either directly or indirectly
■ the gift is of an occasional nature only, for example, for a birthday or anniversary

Note: if you purchase goods from outside the EU to give as a gift to a relative or friend, whether or not addressed to that person, is treated as a ‘commercial consignment’ for which the import VAT relief threshold is £15 (paragraph 2.3 refers).
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next