Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My 1/2a Fleet Cox_ba12

My 1/2a Fleet Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by Gordinir8 Today at 9:04 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My 1/2a Fleet Empty
Live on Patrol

My 1/2a Fleet

Go down

My 1/2a Fleet Empty My 1/2a Fleet

Post  NEW222 Tue May 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Well, I finally had a chance today to get pictures of my complete fleet of airplanes for 1/2a. They are not much, but should provide a summer of entertainment. All are shown as they are. Most ready to go minus controls, which I am working on. The blue Ringmaster is my second control line plane, shares the Black Widow with the Skyray, and the others were made and ready for equipment when it becomes available from the previous one..... I really got into the balloon bust when I used to fly with the club about 15 years ago, hence having back-ups. I liked to 'fly it like I stole it'. The 2 combat wings were purchased from a local gent before moving and I now have a Norvel .061 to use between them and the speed plane (which needs refinishing). The 2 Man-Win planes are sporting my Babe Bees, and Skyray has my Black Widow. Also pictured are 2 plank 'combat wings', and a Lil' Jumping Bean wing. The 2 unfinished planes are a White Lightening, minus tail, and a Ron Burns Spitfire. Left for engines is a Product engine to mount on one of the remaining planes. The 'clear' Ringmaster will be swapping engines with a Man-Win. Anyways, for your enjoyment....

My 1/2a Fleet Control%201%201

My 1/2a Fleet Control%201%202

My 1/2a Fleet Control%201%203

My 1/2a Fleet Control%201%204
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

My 1/2a Fleet Empty Re: My 1/2a Fleet

Post  rogermharris Thu May 14, 2015 11:52 am

looks like fun to me! i have a black widow waiting on a baby ringmaster. i plan to build one some time this summer. still trying to get out and fly the trainers my son and i built for the first time in 40 years or so. it's either the weather or something going on lately....
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu May 14, 2015 3:51 pm

My first plane was the Beginner Ringmaster with the black widow now on the black Skyray. It was a hoot to fly, easy to build. It also did quick laps.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Thu May 14, 2015 5:36 pm

NEW222 wrote:My first plane was the Beginner Ringmaster with the black widow now on the black Skyray.  It was a hoot to fly, easy to build.   It also did quick laps.

so was mine but with a babe bee. nice slow flyer with the smaller tank. it must have really moved with a black widow on it!
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu May 14, 2015 8:51 pm

As my experience is limited, one northern flying season, yes it really moved with it up front. But how was I to judge being my first year and aircraft. You otta try it. Very Happy
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Thu May 14, 2015 9:00 pm

NEW222 wrote:As my experience is limited, one northern flying season, yes it really moved with it up front.  But how was I to judge being my first year and aircraft.  You otta try it. Very Happy
Maybe after I get my sea legs back...
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri May 15, 2015 7:21 am

Nice looking fleet New222 , should bee plenty of fun there , I have 3 and some halfs I need to finish and do repairs on lol! Get the video maker ready !!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon May 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Well, had a chance to fly one of the coroplast wings this past weekend. It flew fine, it was the pilot that needed help standing straight and in an up position. But after only 5 or so back-to-back flights, it was like I had not left the circle. I feel back to where I left off many years ago. Straight and level flight with slight up and dive routine. Sad thing is my flying space. I thought it was better, but I am situated right in the lowest of the low in a slight valley. 'Hills to the left of me, hills to the right, stuck in a valley fore and back, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.....' Smile Oh well, it is what it is, and I am at least getting out a bit now on the weekends.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Mon May 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Forgot to add that a couple of the peanuts in the peanut gallery wanted to give it a try, so what the heck. First buddy kept it aloft the whole tank. Even kept it up while the lines wend slack by running with it. I never even had the talk with him in case this situation came up. Second up, buddy number 2. Start, release, ground. Start, release, ground. Start, release ground. See where I'm going with this. When he gave up, friend one tried again a couple of times, but it just did not want to fly. That is when I noticed after the last release. I guess during number two's attempts of nosing in, it was bending the mounts slightly each time, then the straw that broke the camels back came up. The broken crank after number one had a not so good premature landing. It was fun while it lasted Saturday. Back to the drawing board.....
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue May 26, 2015 1:09 pm

And here is my menu of COX powered R/C birds...literally a menu as I made them all in my kitchen...(the best COX plane COOX in the kitchen, hahahaha...)

My 1/2a Fleet Coxrcf10

In the first row are my Roaring 20 with a TD020 in its nose, to the right is a red Speedy with a TD010.
Backrow features a Toucan on the left (the best design of R/C plane I have ever encountered) with my archaic and over-used but still excellent TD051.

In the middle is the Skorch (design: courtesy 1/2A Nut) with a TD050 RC engine, and on the right is a Lil Roughneck I built over last Saturday for my 42 years old 051 Reedy..

I also have 2 larger ARF-s each powered by OS Max 56FS engines...that is a different class of R/C fun...not better nor worse than the COX...each class have its distinct fun. Plus an electric P40 Warhawk...sinfully silent and clean compared to a noisy COX

Man, I would indeed feel empty without these birdies...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Nice collection and builds you got there. Only problem I see with all them there is that they look FAST. I would surly re-kit those in a heartbeat. Shocked I really like the fact that using these small engines allows you to have more planes due to the small size of the planes, correct? Very Happy At least that is what I tell my lady. I also like that you build in the kitchen. At least you can eat and build at the same time.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue May 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Thanks you are right most of them are really fast but you should not be afraid of that. A few tips I as a rooky some years ago set based on my rekitting experience with.my first RCfirst planes: go to a field with deep grass. Hand-launch the plane high with high engine speed to make sure the plane will rise fast rather than stall.Begin with fuel tank half empty. Have throttle if possible to reduce speed in the air if trimming is required and you cannot do that mid-air. Keep the plane at high altitude like 50feet so that it glides down safely after the fuel is gone. Clean up the mess when you are done in the kitchen with your build of the day so that your wife allows you to continue the next day. (Maybe this is the most important for a continued successful modeling career path.)
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed May 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Thanks for the tip. I had not thought of not filling up a tank all the way, nor would have I thought of it.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 28, 2015 6:42 am

balogh , That is one fine looking fleet !! I think you and 1/2nut are the only ones on here using the .010 and .020 engines ! I have thoses engines and have not even ran one yet Embarassed well really have a few engines I haven't ran gosh that is rather embarrassing. Does your radio switch from one plane to the other or you have radios for them all? Tired w/ Coffee Read
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu May 28, 2015 10:35 am

Thanks getback,

I have only one radio that works with multiple planes/receivers...a Futaba 2,4Gz multi-channel one. I saw couple of these on Hobbyco's and other US hobby businesses websites.

The 010 is a wonderful engine to fly. You would think such a tiny plane is hard to control but in fact I have no issue with 010 through 051 powered small R/C planes even in strong winds.

I know many of us/you may handle the 010 and 020 engines and collectables but I can assure you even if you regularly use them and do not let them run lean or dirty,they will rermain in excellent condition for many years. So I can only encourage you all to use them. They are more happy in the air than in their chrystal boxes.

My larger planes with OS56FS 4-strokers are much more sensitive to wind.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down