Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Cox_ba12

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Empty
Live on Patrol

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster...

Go down

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Empty Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster...

Post  Kim Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 am

So, looked like a beautiful evening for R/C or C/L was in the offering down at the Painton International Aerodrome...I called up my buddy Al, and he was thinking the same thing I was...so the toys got chucked into the Assault Van, and off we went.

We had a good day, though the popping Fall thermals made me wish I'd packed the 3 meter B.O.T.

My Sig Kadet Senior Sport tried it's best to drop it's landing gear out in the bean field (really ought to remember to check those three screws that hold it on), but made it back to a landing with one bolt hanging on.

I'd thought about circling over the big grass parking area 'till the last one let go, but wasn't sure if the rotated gear strut would stay out of the prop.  So, plopped it down, knocking the last bolt loose, and denting Big Red's belly...an easy fix.

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 1_16

Al took his recently revived Arado biplane (in it's fresh Slovak markings) out around the pattern, and promptly had it's prop and spinner eject themselves, landing somewhere out in the beans.   They'll be there 'till harvest time!

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 13_11

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 12_12

The C-123 may look familiar...we tried to fly it several months ago, but it simply refused to rotate from the runway, so Al took it back for some mods.  This time, the radio went totally bonkers (while the big plane was still sitting on the runway, fortunately),  so it's back in the shop.

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 10_14

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 4_13

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 6_14

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 5_11

But above all else, my poor, battered, rebuilt, then rebuilt again Super Ringmaster got in 3 flights...nothing but a couple loops and level, howling flight...but it still looked so good out at the end of those cables !!!  It might get some black trim stripes and maybe a sticker added before the Fly-A-Thon, but even if it doesn't, it'll at least have chance to play.

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 7_11

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 8_13

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 9_13

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 11_13

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 16_10

So, that's it from out here in the sticks....

Last edited by Kim on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Empty great report Kim

Post  fredvon4 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:03 am

I really like these report and photo threads!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Empty Re: Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster...

Post  RknRusty Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:10 am

Kim, thanks for the flight report. I'm glad something went up and came down with all its bits and pieces. Glad the Kadet survived, I really like the looks of that model.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Empty Re: Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster...

Post  larrys4227 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:30 am

Appreciate your time and efforts on the report! Love reading this stuff ... pics are the frosting on the cake!

Thanks!
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:38 am

Thanks Kim !! Looks like you guys had some fun flying and getting together , That C123 is one nice bird ! hope he can get it ready for ya'll next outing. I like the pic from the handle view that's just cool . Eric Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:41 am

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Fledgl10

My Sterling Fledgling likes the color scheme on your Ringmaster. I like your ski jump launch pad, but do I see a mono line?

I really enjoyed your photos.  Nice planes and good times.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:24 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Fledgl10

My Sterling Fledgling likes the color scheme on your Ringmaster.  I like your ski jump launch pad, but do I see a mono line?  

Bob

Thank you guys, it WAS a good day, with a little distraction or two on the side.  

Nope the Super Ring is on regular old .015 cables, one was just out of the photo!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:41 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Fledgl10

My Sterling Fledgling likes the color scheme on your Ringmaster.  I like your ski jump launch pad, but do I see a mono line?  

Bob

Wow!  Picture just loaded (dial-up !)!!!! Yep...this is obviously the cool guy choice !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Ha Kim, 60 years ago this was a cool guy.

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Engine10

Today, not so cool. Sad Smile Smile

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Fledgi11

You have to uphold our cool status I'm afraid. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:42 am

I beg to differ !!!!

"Cool", as far as I'm concerned, is enjoying the crap out of your life!  If a guy is lucky enough to find a niche that stays with him through all the other stuff he's got to deal with...Dude...THAT...is Cool !!!  (I am, perhaps. a little extra passionate about this---having just attended my first class reunion since high school.  Judging from THAT sampling, I think I've done just fine!!!)

1968:

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Kevin_10

Flying bud, Kevin and his Midwest P-51

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Kevin_11

2014:

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 56_10

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 1_17
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Empty Right on youngster

Post  happydad Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Kim wrote:I beg to differ !!!!

"Cool", as far as I'm concerned, is enjoying the crap out of your life!  If a guy is lucky enough to find a niche that stays with him through all the other stuff he's got to deal with...Dude...THAT...is Cool !!!  (I am, perhaps. a little extra passionate about this---having just attended my first class reunion since high school.  Judging from THAT sampling, I think I've done just fine!!!)

1968:

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Kevin_10

Flying bud, Kevin and his Midwest P-51

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... Kevin_11

2014:

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 56_10

Dangling landing gear, model airplane parts falling from the sky, a big, cranky C-123 that just doesn't want to fly, and 3 successful flights on my rebuilt-rebuilt Super Ringmaster... 1_17

Right on Kim: Some of us took the short path and some of us had to take the long path, but we still got from there to here.
   Let's just enjoy the moment(s).

Happydad Thank You
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 am

OLD FELLOWS HAVEING FUN !!!!! Could not have said it better myself . Thanks Kim!!! RC Plane I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down