Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Cox_ba12

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty
Live on Patrol

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 am

I just recieved a nearly complete model, missing was the reciever crystal.

tx crystal is type 72-5 AM 72.630 from a hitec focus 3 ; 3ch system channel 42 I believe.

Anybody know where to buy these?
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty Re: reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:35 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72mHz-DUAL-CONVERSION-RECEIVER-CRYSTAL-AM-FM-CH-42-/200298966443?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ea2bfadab

Worldwide,,and it's a dual conversion. I have spent some money with Sheldon's, very respectable place.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty Sweet, and

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Thats great, but ummmm, since you brought it up, whats dual conversion?
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty Re: reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 am

Jaspur_x wrote:Thats great, but ummmm, since you brought it up, whats dual conversion?

Put very simply, (so that even I understand it!) there are two types of receiver, single conversion and dual conversion, Dual conversion r/xs are supposed to be less prone to interference from adjacent channels (If your r/x is on, say channel 50, in certain circumstances channel 49 or 51 transmitters can affect it) or other sources of interference

The main thing to know is that you can't use dual conversion crystals in a single conversion R/C or vice-versa, so you need to know which your's is BEFORE you buy crystals. Cheaper, "Park Flyer" type R/C units will almost always be single conversion, other types can be either, but should be marked on the receiver somewhere (DC or SC) or on the transmitter, or the crystal itself

Hope this helps

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty Crystal

Post  dankar04 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:05 am

Tower sells Hi-tec radios. 72 are getting hard to find. Single conversion comes with mainly AM radios bottom on the line stuff. Some body must have them.
Dan
dankar04
dankar04
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:15 am

The current issue of "Tower Talk" has a listing of the radio crystals that they offer.

Over time I've gone to 2.4 gigs rather than mess with crystals.

The only crystal set that have now is in an RC sailboat where it's still possible to get "glitched". Snowman
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Missed that dual converson question, sorry about that.

A Focus 3 should be a dual conversion and as Wilf posted, it should be marked DC or SC somewere. if there is no marking, it is probably SC (single conversion). Those sets need to be matched up.

You can change your frequency 1 up or 1 down on the scale, but don't go more than 1 either way with a AM radio. FM's you can get away with 2 changes up or down the frequency scale. Most crystal radios are tuned at the factory to the crystal set that it is sold with and the AM's are touchy to that just due to there weaker signal. When I post "change", I mean changing out both crystals to a next frequency set.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty Thanks

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks for clarification guys.
Yes, sadly,I am that far behind the times lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:40 am

Is that such a sad thing?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:32 am

nitroairplane wrote:Is that such a sad thing?

Definitely not! I only have 35mHz stuff, but since there is no chance of anyone else flying within, probably, 20 miles of me, it's not really any problem, and I only want to "Guide" freeflight models anyway, being too long in the tooth to chase them any longer!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty yes and no

Post  Jaspur_x Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:10 am

I used the same old stuff for so long i have no idea what the guys are talking about these days lol

I have 72mhz, down to 49 mhz, when the guys are talking even simple old stuff I have to look to see if I`m am or fm lol
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:59 am

Jaspur_x wrote:I used the same old stuff for so long i have no idea what the guys are talking about these days lol

I have 72mhz, down to 49 mhz, when the guys are talking even simple old stuff I have to look to see if I`m am or fm lol

You and me both, Jaspur. Sometimes, if I'm reading a modern model magazine, I think they are so bogged down in technology that the actual aircraft is a bit of an afterthought, or a necessary evil that interferes with their enjoyment of the mystic arts!,

And I'll swear that a lot of the gobbledegook they spout is just to make them look totally superior to us mere mortals! Futaba Radio Mad Mad

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:40 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
Jaspur_x wrote:I used the same old stuff for so long i have no idea what the guys are talking about these days lol

You and me both, Jaspur. Sometimes, if I'm reading a modern model magazine, I think they are so bogged down in technology that the actual aircraft is a bit of an afterthought, or a necessary evil that interferes with their enjoyment of the mystic arts!,

And I'll swear that a lot of the gobbledegook they spout is just to make them look totally superior to us mere mortals! Futaba Radio Mad Mad

Add me to that club!!! Guess I've got it all backwards...I spot an airplane I've GOT to build...and figure out later how to steer it ! This is not really anything new though...I once had one of our local "Experts" berate me for the EK-Logitrol radio I used (it wasn't Kraft!), then watched him smack the solitary tree on our field's perimeter. But, I'm sure his radio was working in a superior fashion to mine...right up to the time his plane shredded itself through those tree limbs !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:48 am

These guys still have some stuff on close-out. I got a second crystal for my receiver from Bernie here:

http://www.castlecreations.com/
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:40 am

Kim wrote:

Add me to that club!!! Guess I've got it all backwards...I spot an airplane I've GOT to build...and figure out later how to steer it ! This is not really anything new though...I once had one of our local "Experts" berate me for the EK-Logitrol radio I used (it wasn't Kraft!), then watched him smack the solitary tree on our field's perimeter. But, I'm sure his radio was working in a superior fashion to mine...right up to the time his plane shredded itself through those tree limbs !

Ah, but modern equipment allows so much more accurate crashes! lol!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:50 am

True...and MUCH more technically-worded excuses !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty exactly

Post  Jaspur_x Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Well the magazine guys have to keep up on the tech a little bit or they wouldn`t be helping consumerism,and we sure would not have much to ponder for the rest of the month if we knew everything they were talking about in the article. Computer Issues

I can see it now........." the new elyptical reskunker lift defractionizing coefficient airfiol design worked flawlessly for 2.174659 seconds according to my dspk9.1 transmitter`s flight data acquisition kimeutinator responses UNTIL the spektrazinator`s disharmonic vibrazinational balance was interrupted by the muffler bearings counterrotation revirbirations causing a right hand twist in the immelman 947.2 maneuver I was trying to execute at that moment and thusly I need 1.9 ounces of hackinator epoxy to effect repairs after the insuing crash.........according to the printout from my transmitter`s on board 4.9 color printer

So as far as this writer is concerned I think the spawnator kit would be a good value for our readers "

Disclaimer: our moderated editor is claiming no responsibility for those unsatisfied with this kit after following our b.s. rhetoric and buying this overpriced kit that will discontinue production next week lol!

Thats it guys, people buy the new tech to get the tech`s owners manual in order to figure out the magazine articles lol!

If I could just swallow my pride and retire from honesty I could run for president huh guys? Huh...

Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Jaspur_x wrote:
If I could just swallow my pride and retire from honesty I could run for president huh guys? Huh...

I think you'd have a REALLY good chance! lol!

And your kit review made just as much sense to me as most of those published in the mags do, in fact possibly more!! cheers
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty me too

Post  Jaspur_x Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:55 pm

thanks for the vote of confidence Ivanhoe. Beer Cheers

I have my campaign technique all worked out; lie my butt off and talk like I have a clue while all I realy am certain of is Reading
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Jaspur_x wrote:Well the magazine guys have to keep up on the tech a little bit or they wouldn`t be helping consumerism,and we sure would not have much to ponder for the rest of the month if we knew everything they were talking about in the article. Computer Issues

I can see it now........." the new elyptical reskunker lift defractionizing coefficient airfiol design worked flawlessly for 2.174659 seconds according to my dspk9.1 transmitter`s flight data acquisition kimeutinator responses UNTIL the spektrazinator`s disharmonic vibrazinational balance was interrupted by the muffler bearings counterrotation revirbirations causing a right hand twist in the immelman 947.2 maneuver I was trying to execute at that moment and thusly I need 1.9 ounces of hackinator epoxy to effect repairs after the insuing crash.........according to the printout from my transmitter`s on board 4.9 color printer

So as far as this writer is concerned I think the spawnator kit would be a good value for our readers "

Disclaimer: our modered editor is claiming no responsibility for those unsatisfied with this kit after following our b.s. rhetoric and buying this overpriced kit that will discontinue production next week lol!

Thats it guys, people buy the new tech to get the tech`s owners manual in order to figure out the magazine articles lol!

Lol you should write do RCME Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty or

Post  Jaspur_x Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Or at least start my own youtube channel doing parody routines of Modelsport Video Magazine;that guy cracks me up lol
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 pm

You should download rc reviews and swap out the audio for you talking techshit and re upload it Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty I wish

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 am

If I knew how to do that I`d be able to do some other really cool stuff too!! For me, a sucessful download or posted link,etc is like winning the race is to a special olympics kid...............wth is MY hugger lol!

Disclaimer: I am in no way picking on,making fun of,or disrespecting anybody except myself with my humor, Shocked as it is as much true as it is funny......you may continue laughing now lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Jaspur_x wrote:If I knew how to do that I`d be able to do some other really cool stuff too!! For me, a sucessful download or posted link,etc is like winning the race is to a special olympics kid...............wth is MY hugger lol!

Disclaimer: I am in no way picking on,making fun of,or disrespecting anybody except myself with my humor, Shocked as it is as much true as it is funny......you may continue laughing now lol!

Ah ok then or do the review yourself and not properly lol.
Would be laugh.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

reciever/transmitter crystals where to buy Empty Can try

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I can try that with my webcam, should do that lol

maybe when I get a couple of projects done and the kids are back to school, 5 kids and 4 dogs=no quiet/peace for videos lol!

could review the micro stick build , the little plane that could, and the littlest stick/throttled teedee049 /051r/c lol may be fun Computer Issues
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next