Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Blackhawk Phantom Cox_ba12

Blackhawk Phantom Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Blackhawk Phantom Empty
Live on Patrol

Blackhawk Phantom

Go down

Blackhawk Phantom Empty Blackhawk Phantom

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with buying stuff direct out of Hobbyking and lives somewhere near a wearhouse.  I've wanted a Blackhawk Phantom Mk XV for ages and they've currently got them at half price.  https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F43498%5F%5FBlack%5FHawk%5FModels%5FPhantom%5FMK%5FXV%5FControl%5FLine%5FBalsa%5F533mm%5FKit%5F.html  I'd have to use a Gilbert after seeing that picture.
My cost is $54.30 USD ($69.50 AUD)  shipped to Australia.  Is anyone in a position to see if they can help me out here and try to reduce my shipping costs?  (More than the kit). Just thought if someone can pick one up from the warehouse it may help appease SWMBO.  Otherwise I guess the price is still pretty reasonable.  She knows how many kits I have sitting there unbuilt so she won't be please with another, although she did come home a couple of weeks back with a new bicycle rack for the car, which hasn't been used yet. Huh...
Kit comes in at 680x210x131mm 902g.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Blackhawk Phantom Empty Re: Blackhawk Phantom

Post  fredvon4 Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:15 am

Rod

USA west has it and my cost is $34.90 USD with shipping to me in Texas.... someone in Portland can pick it up for the price of $24.90 no $9.79 shipping

A similar sized box I shipped to Queensland was $38.00+/-

If it was me... I would send a note to Larry Rice, Captain Black Hawk and offer a fair price for a copy of the build instructions and folded plan explaining the excessive cost of shipping on the model...Looks easy enough to scratch build some day

If you want me to get it and ship I will

Fred

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks Fred. Looks like your options won't gain me any advantage. I have downloaded plans for the original KK Phantom along with the smaller Phantom Mite which are a lot more detailed than the plans Larry supplies. I'd always planned to build one & just thought I might get to it quicker if I bought a kit rather than scratch building. Just that when I saw it half price at Hobbyking I got excited. As I said, that model looks so good with the Gilbert installed it really struck a chord.
Thanks for looking into it for me.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:Thanks Fred.  Looks like your options won't gain me any advantage.  I have downloaded plans for the original KK Phantom along with the smaller Phantom Mite which are a lot more detailed than the plans Larry supplies.  I'd always planned to build one & just thought I might get to it quicker if I bought a kit rather than scratch building.  Just that when I saw it half price at Hobbyking I got excited.  As I said, that model looks so good with the Gilbert installed it really struck a chord.
Thanks for looking into it for me.

Rod.

I have built that model and it is excellent quality and an easy build. The price on it is good too. Andy
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:04 am

Thanks Andy.  Good to hear from someone who's built one.  I suspect the model is only good for round & round & wouldn't stunt of glide too well with that small wing area.  What engine did you use?  
As Fred suggested, I will probably just put it on the back burner for a scratch build if I find the time.  Just that it's nearly an hour to my nearest hobby shop to pick up hardware, and I don't expect that they would carry any C/L stuff.  I can get balsa ok from the local hardware store.  Would be nice to have the whole package together ready to build, but I really struggle with paying more for the postage than for the kit, even with the massive discount Hobbyking are offering.
It the current price, how about a few of you USA guys grab a kit & see how they go?  I really like the look of the plane.  It looks to be a lot better proportions than a Perky, which I guess is aimed at a similar market.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F43498%5F%5FBlack%5FHawk%5FModels%5FPhantom%5FMK%5FXV%5FControl%5FLine%5FBalsa%5F533mm%5FKit%5F.html

Looks like it's even cheaper from the US West coast warehouse.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  anm2 Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:49 am

Oldenginerod wrote:Thanks Andy.  Good to hear from someone who's built one.  I suspect the model is only good for round & round & wouldn't stunt of glide too well with that small wing area.  What engine did you use?  
As Fred suggested, I will probably just put it on the back burner for a scratch build if I find the time.  Just that it's nearly an hour to my nearest hobby shop to pick up hardware, and I don't expect that they would carry any C/L stuff.  I can get balsa ok from the local hardware store.  Would be nice to have the whole package together ready to build, but I really struggle with paying more for the postage than for the kit, even with the massive discount Hobbyking are offering.
It the current price, how about a few of you USA guys grab a kit & see how they go?  I really like the look of the plane.  It looks to be a lot better proportions than a Perky, which I guess is aimed at a similar market.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F43498%5F%5FBlack%5FHawk%5FModels%5FPhantom%5FMK%5FXV%5FControl%5FLine%5FBalsa%5F533mm%5FKit%5F.html

Looks like it's even cheaper from the US West coast warehouse.

I have never flown it. I wanted to build it because it is such a cool plane. If you go on line there are scaled down versions of the plane for .049. The material for the kit was top notch, and it goes together very nicely, and surprisingly quickly too. I mounted a Cox Sportsman on it. I believe you are correct. The plane is pretty heavy, and I don't think it would be much for stunting. If you purchase this airplane, I don't think you will be disappointed. I have built a number of blackhawk kits, and they have all been top quality. I think my favorite is the Mini Stunt Rocket. That thing went together beautifully, and looks amazing. I am a big Blackhawk fan. The prices at HobbyKing are beyond reasonable at almost half price. If I were you, I would by two or three of the kits if it spreads the shipping costs.
anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down