Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Cox_ba12

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Empty
Live on Patrol

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth

Go down

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Empty USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth

Post  RknRusty Fri May 06, 2016 7:14 pm

The Control Line world championships are in Perth Australia right now.
In case anyone is interested here's the link:
http://www.cl-wch2016per.org/

There are all sorts of events. The one I keep up with is called F2B, which is the FAI's name for what we call Stunt. Here's the scoreboard as of this afternoon USA time. Americans are in 1st and 3rd place, with current WC, Igor Burger in 2nd.

http://www.cl-ausworldcup2016.org/showResults.php?event=B
USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth F2b_re10

Last edited by RknRusty on Thu May 12, 2016 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Empty Re: USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth

Post  Cribbs74 Fri May 06, 2016 8:00 pm

That's a long way to go for a contest.

Let's hope they never show up for a small time local one. Nobody would be able to touch them.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Empty Re: USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth

Post  RknRusty Fri May 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Paul Walker, currently in 3rd place flies in the Northwest, Seattle I think. Suffice to say, he dominates the contests in the area. He reports on SH tonight that he almost crashed today in the shifty wind and rain they were flying in. I don't know if they carry backup planes or not. I don't know where our Orestes Hernandez lives. He's in 1st place right now. This goes on for a few days, paring down the field, and they will fly-off for the championship next week.

All F2 is Control Line. There is also F2A-Speed, F2C-Team Racing, and F2D Combat going on in Perth. I haven't looked closely, but their schedules can be found here: http://www.cl-wch2016per.org/Schedule/index.php

Fyi:
The FAI means "Fédération Aéronautique Internationale" headquartered in Switzerland.
F1(x) is Freeflight
F2A - C/L SPEED MODEL AIRCRAFT
F2B - C/L AEROBATIC MODEL AIRCRAFT - that's what I do... or at least try to Lol.
F2C - C/L TEAM RACING MODEL AIRCRAFT
F2D - C/L COMBAT MODEL AIRCRAFT
F3(x) is radio Control planes and helicopters

Under FAI rules they may be flying glow engines without nitromethane, I'm not sure though. I know when we refer to FAI fuel, it's generally just methanol and oil.

I just thought this was interesting and worth reporting on, even though it's waaay over most of our skill levels.

Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat May 07, 2016 6:02 am

Ah, my old mate Peter White has only managed 20th.  He's been flying stunt for decades and is one of our best, but I guess the years are catching up on him.  He lived not far from me a few years back and is a superb builder of both stunt aircraft and guitars.  (Used to service my Fender P-Bass).  He shifted to Perth, which is nearly as far from me as you can go & still be in Australia, a few years ago & I see his name pop up in local flying newsletters every now & then.  He has a huge collection of plans he sells of his own stunt designs.  I recall he had a list on a website somewhere.  If I can locate it I'll post it here.
Rusty, Peter's your sort of people.  You & him would get on great.  This is him.
USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Pictur10
Check out this site.
Australian Control Line Nostalgia
I think Ron Chernich (modelenginenews) was the webmaster so it's probably also frozen in time.
Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat May 07, 2016 9:06 am

Thanks Rod. I'm a little familiar with Peter White, I believe Warren Leadbetter may have spoken of him. I would love to make a trip to see this gathering of great Control Liners. And a tour of Australia would be fantastic.

International Racing and Combat would be great spectator sports, whereas my sport of Stunt, or F2B is more like the old Olympic Ice Skaters' dreaded compulsory skate-off that was done in a mostly empty arena because it was so boring. They too had to cut perfect circular figure 8s(on one leg), among other shapes with overlaid loops and intersections, and to the untrained eye, if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

I added the link to the scores in the top post. I believe they have a day off due to rain, so no change, last I looked.
Here's Combat and Racing too:

http://www.cl-ausworldcup2016.org/showResults.php?event=B
http://www.cl-ausworldcup2016.org/showResults.php?event=A
http://www.cl-ausworldcup2016.org/showResults.php?event=C
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 12, 2016 9:24 pm

The final round is being flown right now. They are 12 hours ahead of US eastern time. USA has the team championship locked We're now battling for top spots.

Click "F2B" above the frame in these links to the schedule and the scores.

Flight order
http://www.cl-wch2016per.org//Schedule/PracticeSchedules.php

Real time score updates
http://www.cl-wch2016per.org//Results/index.php

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 12, 2016 10:00 pm

YAY!  United States
USA just took first place. Still waiting for Paul Walker. This is his last FAI F2B flight before he retires from his many W/C contests.
USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Score10

I pull for Igor Burger of Slovakia too. I think that's what "SVK" means, sorry Igor.
He holds the handle sideways like me Lol
USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Igor_b10

Update: 11:10 Perth time
Igor moves into 2nd place

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 12, 2016 11:12 pm

USA wins first place Team Gold.

And in individual competition, USA's Orestes Hernandez takes 1st place, Paul Walker(former W/C) takes 4th place, and David Fitzgerald 9th place. Congratulations guys. That was fun, even if it was just refreshing the browser and bantering with a bunch of other riveted observers on Stunthangar.

USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Score11

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri May 13, 2016 11:32 pm

Congratulations!!!

What engine sizes do they fly at these competitions?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat May 14, 2016 1:03 am

You can't find a better person to learn from than Paul, he's in our local Auburn Skyraiders club. He only flies the one event though. Howard Rush is also in our club, Howard was on last years team.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat May 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Good stuff Rusty! Thumbs Up Is there a perfect score in F2B? Isn't (or wasn't..)"500" a perfect score in our AMA PA-Expert category? I'm thinking that the FAI scoring system must be different than ours? Huh...
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat May 14, 2016 9:37 pm

I think they fly .60 to .90 size engines as well as electric, and mostly use 3 blade carbon fiber props.

I guess having Paul is like us having Derek Barry. He won Expert today and at Huntersville 2 weeks ago... and last year... and the year before... He did miss the cut by 1 last year I think on the US team. I don't know if he tried out this year. He and his Dad, dale judged my flights today.
There are our two Big Guys. I got Derek on my Fort flying e-mail list, I hope he comes out. He's about an hour away.
USA WINS! C/L(PA) World Championships from Perth Derek_10

I think top score in AMA is 600 plus 20 appearance points. I'd have to add it up to be sure. Experts generally fly in the 500+ range. F2b scores look to be about double that. They each have a multiplier or something. No appearance or BOM rule, and only 7 minutes to do the same job.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun May 15, 2016 3:14 am

Might I just point out, not taking anything away from the other victors, that the local Aussie team took out first place in F2C Team Race.  Surprisingly, I heard quite a detailed news report on local radio yesterday, which I certainly wouldn't normally expect.  Perhaps the news people considered it a bit of a novelty.  By the quality of the reporting and the gross misrepresentation of many facts, I would suggest this is the case.  "These planes are powered by high tension wires".
Still it was good to hear something.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down