Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

An Apology Cox_ba12

An Apology Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

An Apology Empty
Live on Patrol

An Apology

Go down

An Apology Empty An Apology

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:22 pm

May I apologise to all members for the post I placed here earlier.

I had no intention of starting a political argument, and I must admit that, when I started the post it never occured to me that anyone would object to such a post.

I apologise for my naivety, it was simply an attempt to offer some help to my fellow members.

Wilf

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

An Apology Empty Re: An Apology

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Very good of you to apologise even though I know you jut wanted to help some people out some guys took it the wrong way.
I had to lock it before something bigger came of this.

Apologies or my part too,
Indra
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Well...I don't see a place for an apology here...figured you were simply supplying a legal source of parts, for anyone who might want them.

The forum will suffer pretty quick if everyone has to micro-manage their posts for fear of offending the delicate sensitivities of the easily offended.

Do what you want, but please also keep me in mind for PM's when you spot a good deal on something or a good source. Perhaps Jacob could create a password-protected "Good Deal" category, so we could exchange information in peace.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah any deals you guys see please let me know too!
Kim put it to Jacob he may understand and make one.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsey3.0 Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Count me in on that also. If it is good quality and cheap let me know!
Godsey3.0
Godsey3.0
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:04 pm

But no obvious spamming or you will get banned.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:07 pm

nitroairplane wrote:But no obvious spamming or you will get banned.

Absolutely....Fair Enough !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

As I just explained to Wilf in a PM, my concern was the economic effect of buying items from Chania that repects neither copywrite laws nor patent rights. Personally I'd rather pay more and patronize countries that DO respect such regulations like Taiwan.

China has a rapidlly growing economy that doesn't respect environmental laws or human rights either. I've spent serveral weeks in China and know this as fact. I've seen eight Chinese publiclly executed, without trial, for possessing porgraphic pictures. I've seen Chinese clothing workers toil under miserable labor conditions in tiny "sweatshops" with no heat in the dead of winter in sub-freezing temperatures.

China has now slaped tariffs on imported automobile a land where Buick was China's most popular foreign car.................

"So what's a few servo's?" you say? Part of a bigger picture of a nation that has seven times the population of the Unied States and to whom the US is heavilly in debt. Add that to the above and what do you have?

Comments?

Last edited by SuperDave on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

An Apology Empty thanks anyway

Post  Jaspur_x Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:May I apologise to all members for the post I placed here earlier.

I had no intention of starting a political argument, and I must admit that, when I started the post it never occured to me that anyone would object to such a post.

I apologise for my naivety, it was simply an attempt to offer some help to my fellow members.

Wilf

Thank you for bringing to light the good product at a great price, even though it is locked, the link still works! lol!

Please guys, when finding deals like these, share it like Ivanhoe did, if posts need deleted to keep on topic and withold pointless,moot debates, so be it.

I apreciate a $2 ea. mirco servo deal with which I could outfit multiple planes for the same quality and price as 1 plane Shocked It`s not quantum physics there lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 pm

No apology necessary Wilf.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:12 pm

nitroairplane wrote:Very good of you to apologise even though I know you jut wanted to help some people out some guys took it the wrong way.
I had to lock it before something bigger came of this.

Apologies or my part too,
Indra

Understood, Indra, I'm very glad you did

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Wilf:

It's not like you incited a riot, you just generated a lively discussion where viewpoints were exchaged.

Consider your's is a path for the "enlightenment" of the membership. Think Zen and you'll be just fine.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Yes, as in politics and internet chat boards, one can "agree to disagree",,or another way to post it is to "respectfully disagree".
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Wilf,

Apology not necessary, I myself could have just said thanks for the info, instead of adding my opinion. Truth be told I was kindly gifted a couple servo's from Indra and they appear to be the same as the ones you posted.....and they are currently installed in my mini Spit.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 pm

I don't mind arguments as all, sometimes it is better for the forum as it creates a "hot topic". Now if you felt insulted for having others jump and complain about Chinese made items, you shouldn't. I don't accept posts that say "Your stupid for buying Chinese items" and such. I understand that a lot of our countries are loosing jobs to countries like China, Mexico and so on but it is very hard to avoid those items as you need them or because of money. When I order cassette tapes (yeah, I still buy them), I try to order them from companies that employ American workers and use American parts. There is only 2 major companies still making cassette tapes in America, 1 company makes the plastic shells and reels in America (National Audio) while the other has them made overseas and only assembled here (Delta Media). Delta Media doesn't say where their tape is made but it is different then the tape available from National Audio while National Audio has their tape made by a company in South Korea. I have only ordered a case of CrO2 Type II tapes from Delta Media because of the lower price difference and their rep from others who have used it. I have tried some of the same Type II CrO2 made by National Audio as I have found a few that were being sold by a local record store and they both seemed to preform the same but the 2 tapes inside looked different (texture, slight color dif.) so there is a good chance the tape was not made by the same company. What I'm trying to say is sometimes you can't help buying something made in another country. I could have chose to save $30 and order some Type II CrO2 tapes from a Chinese company but besides the lower quality rating, it was not employing Americans to produce them. I would also like to note that just about 85% everything you buy from Harbor Fright was made is China which isn't surprising if you have ever walked through one. This is one reason why I am VERY angry over the light bulb ban. About 98% of the CFLs on the market are made in China for many different reasons. One reason is the cheaper labor, another is the supplies available (electronic components needed for the ballast are mostly made in china) and last but not least are the chemical handling regulations (mercury) are a lot more lenient. Now for cox engines, do you like using your cox glow plug clip? All the cox glow plug clips I have ever found (ones from the late 60s all the way up to 2008) either say "Taiwan" (older ones) or "China" (newer ones) on them. I have one that is from the early 60s that doesn't say where it was made so I don't know where it was made.

If I'm in a store and I'm buying a coffee mug, one says Made In USA on it and the other says China on it, I would go for the US one UNLESS it is of a lot cheaper quality or is highly overpriced compared to the China one.

Arguments about these things are fine, it shouldn't turn into an insulting fight! If it does, there will consequences! I suppose I could change the Redneck Zone into the Controversial Corner if people think that would be a good idea.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Nah, I think no matter where you try to contain any type of talk, you'll just be herding cats. Because it's spontaneous. You can have a redneck zone for premeditated rednekkidness, but somewhere sometime someone will unwittingly say something that inspires someone else to veer off on a wild tangent that may or may not incite a minor riot. An Apology 3213304551

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:33 am

Admin wrote:I don't mind arguments as all, sometimes it is better for the forum as it creates a "hot topic". Now if you felt insulted for having others jump and complain about Chinese made items, you shouldn't. I don't accept posts that say "Your stupid for buying Chinese items" and such. I understand that a lot of our countries are loosing jobs to countries like China, Mexico and so on but it is very hard to avoid those items as you need them or because of money. When I order cassette tapes (yeah, I still buy them), I try to order them from companies that employ American workers and use American parts. There is only 2 major companies still making cassette tapes in America, 1 company makes the plastic shells and reels in America (National Audio) while the other has them made overseas and only assembled here (Delta Media). Delta Media doesn't say where their tape is made but it is different then the tape available from National Audio while National Audio has their tape made by a company in South Korea. I have only ordered a case of CrO2 Type II tapes from Delta Media because of the lower price difference and their rep from others who have used it. I have tried some of the same Type II CrO2 made by National Audio as I have found a few that were being sold by a local record store and they both seemed to preform the same but the 2 tapes inside looked different (texture, slight color dif.) so there is a good chance the tape was not made by the same company. What I'm trying to say is sometimes you can't help buying something made in another country. I could have chose to save $30 and order some Type II CrO2 tapes from a Chinese company but besides the lower quality rating, it was not employing Americans to produce them. I would also like to note that just about 85% everything you buy from Harbor Fright was made is China which isn't surprising if you have ever walked through one. This is one reason why I am VERY angry over the light bulb ban. About 98% of the CFLs on the market are made in China for many different reasons. One reason is the cheaper labor, another is the supplies available (electronic components needed for the ballast are mostly made in china) and last but not least are the chemical handling regulations (mercury) are a lot more lenient. Now for cox engines, do you like using your cox glow plug clip? All the cox glow plug clips I have ever found (ones from the late 60s all the way up to 2008) either say "Taiwan" (older ones) or "China" (newer ones) on them. I have one that is from the early 60s that doesn't say where it was made so I don't know where it was made.

If I'm in a store and I'm buying a coffee mug, one says Made In USA on it and the other says China on it, I would go for the US one UNLESS it is of a lot cheaper quality or is highly overpriced compared to the China one.

Arguments about these things are fine, it shouldn't turn into an insulting fight! If it does, there will consequences! I suppose I could change the Redneck Zone into the Controversial Corner if people think that would be a good idea.

It is a good idea.

nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:40 am

For my part in the referened exchange I was representing a point of view supported by factual information. The fact that others took a differing position bothers me not one wit.

There is an important distinction to be made between a "discussion" and an "arguement". When the factually deficient find themselves slipping they claim a "arguement" is ocurring as they retreat in a huff of indignation.

A "discussion" is an exchange of ideas both sides listening to and learning from the other.

Aristole said it best: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaspur_x Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:28 am

SuperDave wrote:For my part in the referened exchange I was representing a point of view supported by factual information. The fact that others took a differing position bothers me not one wit.

There is an important distinction to be made between a "discussion" and an "arguement". When the factually deficient find themselves slipping they claim a "arguement" is ocurring as they retreat in a huff of indignation.

A "discussion" is an exchange of ideas both sides listening to and learning from the other.

Aristole said it best: "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Well said SuperDave
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum