Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Cox_ba12

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty
Live on Patrol

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051

Post  Jaspur_x Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:34 am

Twas the morning before Christmas and all through the land, people heard the results of my prop flipping hand Shocked

By 9am everyone within earshot was singing praises at my r/c flight, at least I waited til 9am to end their sleep for the night Cool

I hand launched my teedee051 powered littlest stick with such care, and hoped for a full tanks run I could keep her in 1 piece in the air Flying Flying

A slight problem arose soon after that launch, this was no trainer I was flying she flew with such staunch Affraid or WOW!

Try yes I did to keep her under control, but short seconds later my yard had a new rather deep hole Crying or Very sad

I looked on at the sight with disbelief in my mind, "how can up be down" I thought as my brains memory repeatedly did rewind No

As I surveyed the dammage I thought "this will cost me time and money, but the guys from S.A.D. might think this video rather funny" Shocked

And now I bid you all on this cold winters night a , verry merry Christmas and better luck with your flight lol!

Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty Re: The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051

Post  nitroairplane Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:06 am

Very nice there Jared Smile
Can't wait for the vid.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty Re: The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051

Post  Ivanhoe Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:31 pm

nitroairplane wrote:Very nice there Jared Smile
Can't wait for the vid.

Neither can I!, this sounds like at least a The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Small_13The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Small_13and a The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Thumb_17 for the poem!

Very Happy Very Happy
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:11 pm

I think he might be the most qualified member!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:27 pm

nitroairplane wrote:I think he might be the most qualified member!

Ah, that will depend on the Committee seeing the level of devastation! Huh...
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:31 pm

True but a hole in the ground!
That is pretty worthy IMO.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:36 am

nitroairplane wrote:True but a hole in the ground!
That is pretty worthy IMO.

Will depend on it's depth and dimensions, and, of course, if it's suitably aeroplane-shaped!! Very Happy
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty lol

Post  Jaspur_x Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:00 am

Thanks guys, the hole in the lawn , well the firewall is a stout old bogger after all,she was 1/16" ply reinforced with 1.4"balsa petrified by ca, and also reinforced by the cox teedee tank/mount;ony revealing about 1/4" of firewall on the left and right of the tankmount.
That 051 was nosed in deep enough that amid the other balsa pieces in the yard that the firewall was just below ground level and it took me a while to realize which piece was the firewall.
picking up the pieces confirmed for certain which was the firewall, the 1 that was attatched to the ground like a pop rivet with that topflite nylon prop down there!!
A true testimony to top flite props,she didnt snap after being planted that deep,amazed me! Beer Cheers

I pulled the firewall out of the ground far enough to get pics of it lol

I will try to post that video somehow tomorrow,busy trying to rebuild plane and the carb body,and clean the dis-assembled engine tonight. Switching to the throttle sleeved teedee049 too lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:25 am

Cool I really can't wait to see!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty and then

Post  Jaspur_x Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:34 am

a few hours of work and an engine swap and she is ready for next round......wait,I forgot to mention about 1/2 oz of ca lol
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty here we go

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:37 am

Here we go,it`s the best I can do for video at the moment, watch closely it ends fast.

Lets hear some bets on where it actually on where it nosed in guys........winner gets a prize Huh...
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_cox Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:51 am

Mayday mayday!

When the sound fades away, it is a really sad moment... lol!
mr_cox
mr_cox
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://coxengines.eu

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty exactly

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 am

I was thinking that half way through that loop that I never completed! Shocked

It got ot of orientation on me that fast,and my flying skills are that rusty that my elevator input at the crucial moment of a loop became a deep dirt dive Affraid or WOW!

It seems it has been so long since my hand held the hitec focus 3 that my index finger couldn`t find the throttle control on the rear of the tx at the top of that loop when I wanted to cut her back to half throttle lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 am

Jaspur_x wrote:Here we go,it`s the best I can do for video at the moment, watch closely it ends fast.

Lets hear some bets on where it actually on where it nosed in guys........winner gets a prize Huh...

Tried to view, but got...........................

"500 Internal Server Error
Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:

V9W76zRKgPf5Sh9SI3LciSWMLNfRPSAL1gc41WW_vredsjcO9C73CW6KDwmS
2I0DlczZEAUTQwhNFa_oH3NsZRB9NfPbn8SybCXwJMp75NDvs9l6JJBhBm8K
GjXUN4IiDethrtrnQByyQsWhPVgyCajGD2vr346Ziwc-I-TXCIvhdK1mBOWF
kYDJH4rwPPeRsKvWpSu3l2SthZTnRZmeYzKMR-IDSWpu3YDF_KDA9EZn2nFa
6hXXsGunNotdAS_vbKTdYTbyBz_z3xYN8orVRAzHiijnMl_OczZsY6CLLh-C

Etc. Etc."

I'll try again later!

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty What da................

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 am

Not cool, dagnabbinit, it is on my youtube channel, I did a copy / paste deal Shocked I`m Jaspurextreme on youtube
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty team of monkeys

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:34 am

Those monkeys are fast, they seemed very confused by your post Ivanhoe, made a lot of loud noises, scratched themselves and eachother, slapped the laptop a few times, then started working on my unfinished planes.
They had a coffee break, flew my blade msr heli until all the batteries were dead ( and the buggers flew it better than I do Shocked , am embarrased,durn monkeys)

I`m keepig the monkeys building until they get all my unbuilt kits done Hand Shake They build way better than I do anyway. I`m going to draw up plans for them to biuld a hughes h-1 and a lazybee for Cox teedee010 power too.
They didn`t seem eager to leave my fireplace`s heat to brave the snow again anyway. cheers

Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:10 am

Jaspur_x wrote:Not cool, dagnabbinit, it is on my youtube channel, I did a copy / paste deal Shocked I`m Jaspurextreme on youtube

Yes, thanks, Jaspur, I watched it there!

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Nice!
That thing is quick!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty yes

Post  Jaspur_x Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:50 pm

nitroairplane wrote:Nice!
That thing is quick!

It is pretty quick, glad I had the big 26" span wing on to slow her down and not the 19"span Affraid or WOW! . I think next time I will use throttle if I can find it in time lol!

I have flown way faster planes in my day with the carbed 049, but my skills No are very diminished for such speed at the moment.
Soon as the weather breaks a bit,round 2 is coming!! Shocked I wont give up until ther are`nt enough splinters to patch together anymore! Mad She only needed a few patches this time and all new firewall mount,AND new servo mounts,AND elevator/stab glued back on, and rudder hinges glued back on,etc etc etc

still nobody guessing where she nosed in I see Reading

Last edited by Jaspur_x on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to ad pics)
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty link#2

Post  Jaspur_x Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:37 am

I hope this 1 works lol Other links I posted elsewhere worked just fine.....What da lol! I keep teling you guys, when it comes to tech I don`t know Reading
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:39 am

It works.
Was it just around this 2 cars?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:45 am

nitroairplane wrote:It works.
Was it just around this 2 cars?

Or on to one of them??? Expensive!! Sad
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:03 am

Yeah I hope you did not hit the car Smile
If you did I think there would have been more noise lol.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The flight before Christmas:Ace littlest stick powered by throttled Cox teedee 051 Empty close

Post  Jaspur_x Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 am

hit the truck last time with the farcebug, nosed in between them this time lol!
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:48 am

But I am sure te farcebug was lighter,
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next