Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

estimating value of engines ( .049 venom new in box vintage) Cox_ba12

estimating value of engines ( .049 venom new in box vintage) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:07 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

estimating value of engines ( .049 venom new in box vintage) Empty
Live on Patrol

estimating value of engines ( .049 venom new in box vintage)

Go down

Help! estimating value of engines ( .049 venom new in box vintage)

Post  Slawrence Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:39 pm

hello everyone my father has been collecting engines and parts for 20 years ( 70's and 80's) all vintage stuff tons of parts whole engines the works trying to help him get some ideas on values. and if anyone would be interest in purchasing the entire lot. i know he has one engine brand new never been ran a cox .049 venom (vintage) in the box . any help would be great.

Slawrence
Slawrence
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Help! Re: estimating value of engines ( .049 venom new in box vintage)

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:22 pm

Pictures would help.

Values are usually what the market will bare. Ebay will give you an idea of full blown retail. Don't get starry eyed over engines in bidding wars though...

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  bamboozler Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:26 am

Now is a good time to sell with electric motors sweeping the market. Ebay is good place to start. Decide on a minimum price for the Venom and offer it up here for example first than branch out.

I will always have glow and gas engines but I have just purchased my first electric system of two, I'm sold on electric.
bamboozler
bamboozler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:08 am

yep, i have to say as far as powering smaller planes go, to power one today with a internal combustion engine is a rarity or a novelty.
I bet my collection is worth less now than what it was 10 years ago...
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Help! thanks

Post  Slawrence Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:08 pm

thanks for the input i will have to do that
Slawrence
Slawrence
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 am

Mark Boesen wrote:yep, i have to say as far as powering smaller planes go, to power one today with a internal combustion engine is a rarity or a novelty.
I bet my collection is worth less now than what it was 10 years ago...

Yeah, maybe, probably. Unless you were (are) banking on funding your retirement with the sale of your collection, you should have gotten a "return on your investment" in fun, pride and intertainment value that you just can't get out of a bank statement. I know I have enjoyed tearing theses little engines apart and making them run again or in your case taking a basket case model and turning it into a proper display case model, for not only your enjoyment but for ours also.  I have to appreciate SLawrence for his effort to maximize the value of his fathers collection, or at least see that it gets passed on to others who will continue to receive enjoy and appreciate what he has collected over the years.  

Yeah,  it really bugs me when someone pulls a plane outta his truck, sets it on the ground and takes off in almost silent flight. No noise, no fussing with trying to get it started, flys it around at rediculus speeds for  10 minutes or so, all the while I'm just flipping my propeller!! Hoping that no one will complain about the noise, when I do get it started! lol!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am

I don't feel Ebay is a good source to determine value. Ebay gets your items out to those who have no exposure to them. It really attracts those that suffer from the I gotta have it disease. I don't in any way consider the Venom rare. Rare to me is items you just don't see. I've come across many  new in the box examples and used examples at swap meets. This engine really has little interest to me therefore I don't buy them. The owners though have witnessed Ebay prices and marked them accordingly. The bottom line is that the Venom was made in limited numbers therefore warranting merit to it's existence. The owners that I see go home with them every year because those that use these engines are not going to pay the asking price for them. Ebay though as mentioned would be your best source to sell that engine because no where else are you going to see the $$$ signs you will receive there. I've been selling on Ebay for quite a few years and I will say as Mark has mentioned that there's been a huge downturn of value to the items we tend to collect. Somewhere a collector is going to want to seek return as they say everything has a price. While I don't consider the Venom a powerful .049, I will say it has character. It seems to have a mystery to it in terms of it being the most powerful reed valve engine produced. I feel that part carries weight to it.

While I'm not suggesting your engine has no value, what I have experienced lately and what I see at swap meets is rather disturbing. Were never going to see the likes of some of these engines ever again. Everything seems to have it's glory in the sun at some point. Is that time now?  Unfortunately, nitro engines are on a spiraling drop of value. For the collector though your engine pretty much determines what will they pay. The events that dictated the design of the Venom in the first place are virtually non existent. This pretty much sidelines the engine as a collector's item.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:16 am

I too have noticed a decline in selling price of Cox stuff over the last few years, however a NIB Venom will still fetch a good price from a collector.
The box would need to be perfect or very good and have all original paperwork and wrenches. Good photos and good sellers feedback help too.
One reason they are harder to sell is because of repros, that is why box and paperwork is key. A NIB Venon will get 5 or 6 hundred$ easy on eBay not on CEF.
A Venom won't outperform a parts built Mouse engine, they are only of value to a collector.
NIB TD .010s have come back down after getting crazy a few years ago, Nib TD .049s are a dime a dozen and there is an endless supply.
Older engines NIB still sell high. I would be interested in the lot of engines but need photos and list of what you have to make offer.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:02 pm

We, on an ongoing basis, purchase large and small lots of Cox engines. At present we have a 25-engine lot on they from Sweden.

For us to make you an offer we would require at least a few group shots and a detailed list of which engines are being offered. We only buy new engines unless there is a rare piece.

You can email us at support@coxengines.com

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down