Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Cox_ba12

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:43 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rsv1cox Today at 6:27 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:20 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Yesterday at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Yesterday at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:16 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Empty
Live on Patrol

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY*

Go down

Rudolph *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY*

Post  Admin Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Snowman**TIME FOR AN ENGINE GIVEAWAY**Snowman  

Yes, it's that time of year again! Another year is just about over and that means two Ex Model Engines Black Lynx .049 engines need to go to a new home!

submit the next
       COX ENGINE of the MONTH!
   and have a chance to win a Black Lynx .049 Engine from Ex Model Engines!
   CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
    *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Lynxbi12

Rules: You may post *one (1) picture of an engine or a group of engines that are alike (for example: a collection of Space Bug Jr.s that feature each color tank). The engine must be a Cox engine, it can be stock or parts built. Cox engines using aftermarket or handmade parts and multi-cylinder engines are allowed as long as they feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s). Although proof isn't required, engines that are built using aftermarket or handmade parts have to be able to run. A good example of a non-running homemade engine that wouldn't qualify for this contest is found HERE. Disassembled engines are allowed as long as all parts are visible and the engine is in running condition when assembled.

If you are unsure if your picture qualifies, feel free to contact the administrator with questions.

* You may post multiple "pictures" as long as they are all joined together in one picture. (This is done in image editing software before uploading)

MAIN POINTS
•One picture
•Picture shall be of one engine or engines that are alike (a Babe Bee and a Tee Dee .049 together would NOT qualify)
•Must be a Cox Engine
•Engines using aftermarket or handmade parts must feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s)
•Engine must be able to run

Optional Caption
Along with your picture you may include a caption that describes or explains the picture. The caption should include the name and displacement of the engine. The caption has to be short as if you picture wins, it will be posted under the picture in the sidebar. If you do not include a caption, one will be thought up for you.

After 5 days, the first 10 pictures will be moved to another topic to be voted on by other members. The winner will have their engine displayed on the sidebar of the forum and forever listed on the past winners page.

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with! Good Luck!

Lighting The Tree

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Sponso11

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Rudolph KiLLer Bee

Post  1/2A Nut Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Small Cox Logo KiLLer Bee Small Cox Logo

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Imag0510

Last edited by 1/2A Nut on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:36 am; edited 4 times in total
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Rudolph Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY*

Post  MauricioB Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Cox_0211

Additional operating information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsv4Mp0qAI8
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Rudolph Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY*

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:24 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* 03610
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Rudolph Cox Stuka

Post  jsesere Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:34 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Nh10
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Rudolph Exhaust-throttled Three-Dee 0.149

Post  balogh Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:39 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Exhaus10

Exhaust-throttled Three-Dee 0.149
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:51 am

Black Widow-Wido Satan
 *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Widow_10
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:03 am

Ever get the feeling you are being watched Shocked

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Image31

(That's my TeeDee .010)
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:51 am

1960's BABY BEE  Babe Bee  *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Sell_121
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:24 am

Space Bug and it's Golden Hawk:

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* Space_10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Rudolph Medallion .049 on a Midwest Lil' T

Post  GWILLIEFOX Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -December 2016- *ENGINE GIVEAWAY* 72lilt10

Medallion .049, Competition Models FF Tank, and Midwest Lil' T sailplane  Kraft KPS 10 servos, Heathkit receiver
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Nice, I love the covering/finish!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:54 pm

I think that that is the 10 entries and another difficult choice to make.
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GWILLIEFOX Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:Nice, I love the covering/finish!

Thanks Mark, silkspan, dope, preceded by lots of sanding. From pictures of your ships, I think you know the drill
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 pm

lol, yep...i'll never forget my second trip to the Nats, flying intermediate. Don't know how may hours i spent on the plane, sanding, sanding, sanding, turned out really nice, but when it came to the  appearance judging, it was well back from where i thought it should be. Later i caught up with the 'legendary' judge and told him what plane i had and ask him what i needed to do to become better, he replied "don't use Monokote" ...I was stunned for a second and replied that it was painted, to which he said "oh, it was?" as he walked away!
At first i was kinda PO'd, but then realized he probably didn't look that close and mistook it for plastic covering, which made me feel pretty good...sorta.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:54 am

Mark, subjectivity of appearance judging reminds me of the young female beauty pageants. Oft, not the most pretty girl is selected. I remember some time back reading in a model magazine, an opinion article on CL that described the strange subjectivity of CL judging. One flyer had gone through the trouble of decorating his WW2 aircraft in non-gloss drab paint and various simulated worn paint areas exposing aluminum caused by panel removal and installation, personnel walking along wing areas, flight paint erosion, weathering, exhaust soot after engine exhaust stacks and carbon soot around gun ports. It was a beautiful job, but was downgraded because it did not have the glossy finish preferred by the judges.

I thought it odd they would consider your job as Monokoted. I gather that the winners know what the judges expect, and build to the judges liking versus best quality.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Yep, it was very odd, i can only guess that they didn't really looked at it and likely assumed since it was 'Intermediate' class that it was plastic. I thought it was an interesting story.
And yes, i've heard it from several that as a rule a shinny finish is better than dull and that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and nobody is perfect.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down