Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Just Walk Away Cox_ba12

Just Walk Away Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Just Walk Away Empty
Live on Patrol

Just Walk Away

Go down

Mad Just Walk Away

Post  akjgardner Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Has anyone here ever destroyed a model they where working on because they lost their temper. Almost happend to me the other day. I stoped what I was doing and walked away. The next day I started working on it againg and everything went fine. Moral of the story.....Walk away if you get aggravated.It will still be there in the Morning.
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mad Re: Just Walk Away

Post  badbill Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Nope. But a buddy of mine had a big Bud Nosen Biplane in the bones, ready to cover. He got arguing with his wife, and she took a baseball bat and completely destroyed it...
badbill
badbill
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:46 pm

No, but it reminds me of the time my wife got sick of me spending all my time on hobbies and purposely stepped on my current build.  We both lived to laugh about it later.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mad Walk Away

Post  RK Flyer Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:54 pm

That's good advice, BUT now I have a bench full of planes ready to be covered & painted because that's the part I can't seem to get right!

RK Flyer Flying
RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:48 pm

badbill wrote:Nope. But a buddy of mine had a big Bud Nosen Biplane in the bones, ready to cover. He got arguing with his wife, and she took a baseball bat and completely destroyed it...

Now that's just awful. What could a man possibly do, to get even? Maybe put some CA on the toilet seat? No.. he might forget and sit there before "she" does.. Reading

...maybe gather all of her shoes.. and burn them. Blow up Mad!

I'd never actually do anything like that.. Laughing I'm a fairly rational/calm person.. but I have been known to lose it. For instance; if I hurt myself accidentally. I've thrown things... I've even picked the thing up and thrown it again.. Laughing Then I feel really bad.. and hope no one saw me.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:20 pm

No, but surely felt like it. I usually stare for a moment, then shut the place down and go find a more cooperative pursuit.

About a year ago, I booted my flying bud Patrick after the idiot smacked his Dewey Bird, threw his handle out in front of him, walked through the lines and busted the plane over his knee.

It was his gear to destroy, but I'd spent a whole evening helping him attach the tank and setting up the spiderwire flying line, all the while getting lectured on the aerodynamics of flat sheet wings. Finally got enough of Forrest Gump.

Kim's Special Ed. School has been shut down since.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Ya know, there is not another site on the WWW that prompts it's participants to bare there souls like this one. It's unique and more than a little amazing.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but it's always the truth.

Thanks guys.............

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Kim wrote:No, but surely felt like it.  I usually stare for a moment, then shut the place down and go find a more cooperative pursuit.

About a year ago, I booted my flying bud Patrick after the idiot smacked his Dewey Bird, threw his handle out in front of him, walked through the lines and busted the plane over his knee.

It was his gear to destroy, but I'd spent a whole evening helping him attach the tank and setting up the spiderwire flying line, all the while getting lectured on the aerodynamics of flat sheet wings.  Finally got enough of Forrest Gump.

Kim's Special Ed. School has been shut down since.

lol! ........... you can't make this stuff up! I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall for the lecture.. Shocked Oh well.. I'd KILL for a flying buddy.. or even a local building buddy.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:45 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Ya know, there is not another site on the WWW that prompts it's participants to bare there souls like this one.  It's unique and more than a little amazing.  

Sometimes the truth hurts, but it's always the truth.  

Thanks guys.............

Bob

You're Welcome Robert.. Laughing I'm not a member.. nor do I troll any other sites other than this one. Being known as "Roddie the (fill in the blank)"... is about all that I want my reputation to escape.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:50 pm

When I was younger I used to lash out at nearly everything that tryed my patience. As an adult I have grown to realize that everything gained is fleeting and will one day be considered trash. Don't take anything too seriously. Because nothing Is really that serious. That's not entirely true, let me amend that by saying nothing model airplane related is ever serious.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 am

roddie wrote:
I'd never actually do anything like that.. Laughing I'm a fairly rational/calm person.. but I have been known to lose it. For instance; if I hurt myself accidentally. I've thrown things... I've even picked the thing up and thrown it again.. Laughing Then I feel really bad.. and hope no one saw me.

Me too... On a rare occasion I may hit or throw something but immediately feel stupid afterwards, especially if I hurt myself more or cause more damage with the stupidity. Most of the time foul language is enough tho blow the excessive steam off, fortunately the Finnish language has a lot of cuss words to choose from and they are easy to combine too lol!

I do have difficulties to"walk away" from situations when I just can't seem to get stuff done right. You know, when my hands just won't do what my brain tries to tell them to, or the knife blade just won't cut straight, or when a hard particle or something gets loose&rolling under the sanding block and ruins the soft balsa surface, or when I get epoxy all over my fingertips and just make a mess. Or when the paint just won't stop running, or when I try to improve the 99% perfect paint surface by just one final stroke of brush and #&%* up the entire work or... Well, the list goes on and it's not just model airplane stuff either, same thing sometimes happens with motorcycle maintenance, home improvement projects and even cooking. The best thing to do would be just to walk away, breathe, play with the dogs or something for 10-15 minutes and then continue the work. But it is hard to do for some reason.

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:11 am

roddie wrote:

lol! ........... you can't make this stuff up! I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall for the lecture.. Shocked Oh well.. I'd KILL for a flying buddy.. or even a local building buddy.

Yeah...my thought was to finally have a bud to fly with, get a couple planes up in a circle, maybe even a little friendly combat, but after three or four years of taking on someone else's projects, the quirkiness and crazy bs stories just got to be too much.

The guys at Breezy Hill are cranking out planes like a sect of Control Line Monks, and I've suddenly found myself trying to bring up my own game. Already doubled up with Leo a couple times with his and my Ringmaster, so there are suddenly a BUNCH of flyers to fly with. An hour's drive away, but I'll take it.

Mean 'ole Kim

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mad RE: Just wal away

Post  66 Malibu Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 am

I was the beneficiary of such an event a few years ago when the newly married kid that waits on me at the LHS had a spat with his new wife.
Seems she got ticked that he didn't put away dirty underwear to her liking and she stomped on wing of his newly built Goldberg JR. Falcon !!
He was sorely mad to the point he offered to sell me the Norvel .074 that had a couple of ounces of Sig 25% run thru it and as a kicker he threw in the remainder of the Sig quart of fuel and a nip spare .074 glow plug for $30 !!!!
I offered to pay more because I felt bad for him but he just wanted the whole thing out his mind....Never wanted to bring the topic up again with him so I don't know how it ended........

Steve..
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down