Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Cox_ba12

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Empty
Live on Patrol

Model airplanes and motorcycles............

Go down

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Empty Model airplanes and motorcycles............

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Two thirds of my recreational life.  The other third is automobiles but somewhat discouraged by my ongoing MG Midget project I'm not discussing that part.  Sad

The Honda S90 project turned out great though considering what I started with.  I finely doped out my nightmare wiring harness and got everything working, headlight high and low beam, horn, "dash" illumination, neutral and high beam indicators, tail light and brake light.  A nightmare.  A used and slightly hacked 1965 replacement harness helped but some wires did not correspond with my 1968 bike.  Worked it out.  

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Seats_11

Fenders got repainted and the original paint frame got buffed out.  New back tire and tube, new correct for the era battery, new seat, new petcock, lot's of new metric hardware,  and new indicator and headlight bulbs helped.  

Just got a hole where the motive power should be.

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Seats_13

But I bench checked the engine and it should be fine once the new stator and harness arrive from Indonesia ordered July second.  On a slow boat I suspect.  

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Seats_12

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Empty Re: Model airplanes and motorcycles............

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm

I can't get much greener Bob. It has turned out very well and the speed in which you accomplished it is astonishing.

Why are you having to order parts overseas? The 90cc is an extremely common engine right here in the US.

Have you ever considered travelling to Mid Ohio? Biggest swap meet for vintage bikes in the US plus lots of racing and vintage trials.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ Empty Re: Model airplanes and motorcycles............

Post  KariFS Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:06 am

Amazing speed of progress Bob! I like little Hondas too... I have a '72 or '73 (registered in '73 but looks like it is a '72) CB350K4, and a CB125 K5. The latter was not imported to USA, it is like the 350 slightly shrinked. Twin cylinder, with electric start. Actually, it is more or less identical to the CB175, apart from the engine which is based on the '60s twins (parallel twin, cam chain on the left instead of in the middle, not the best Honda engine ever made but kinda neat).

Like the song says "more fun than a barrel of monkeys, that two-wheel bike" Very Happy

Last edited by KariFS on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the CB175 bit.)
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:24 am

Bob, I too am amazed at the speed and determination that you apply to your projects. I hope the "stator" arrives soon. I don't know much about MC engines. Is that part fairly easy to install?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 am

Yes I too was amazed at how fast Bob got after the Honda resurrection

Just a short 5 weeks ago June 24 2017

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ S-90_010
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:34 am

Old, half used up retired guy here with time on his hands.  I probably averaged 4/6 hours a day on it.

NOS S90 parts here in the USA have mostly dried up Ron, so I have to get them from overseas pacific rim countries.  Honda sold a lot of them over there.  I did find some repros here though of good quality, the front shock gators for example.  The items I bought from Singapore arrived in less than 10 days.  The stator from Indonesia must have been sent last class.  Left San Francisco last monday with a tracking number and still no where in sight.

Pretty easy install on that stator roddie, it was removing the housing that was difficult.  About 10 JIS "phillips" heads holding it on with half of them stripped.  I tell you the previous owner was ham handed.  He pulled the housing when he mangled the stators wiring harness and probably didn't use a JIS screwdriver.  See above picture with all the splices.

It's a bit of a struggle to get the stator on over the highly magnetic rotor then lining up all the holes but manageable.  

Thanks for posting that picture Fred, I had forgotten how to route the clutch cable. Smile  The clear headlight lens has me baffled as most are crystal.  I can't find anything on the net about it but it must be vintage.  The chrome housing has some road rash on it so I think the PO dumped it at one time, broke the original lens and replaced it. I bought a new one to replace it (see last picture in the trash) but I won't use it, poor quality compared with the original. I did use the high/low beam bulb out of it though.

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ S90_0010

The old wiring harness, RIP even though you caused me grief.  Sad   Smile

Model airplanes and motorcycles............ S90_0011
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:50 am

I like the first photo WV Bob has on this page

Bi-planes, Old Glory, Long guns, Motor Cycle....I know Bob does not drink but a few cases of Iron City Beer in the corner would make it true Red Neck Patriot Man Cave.....grin
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Years ago I was going to burn that thread-bare old flag Fred, but I just couldn't do it although it's the proper disposal method.  It would be like me pulling the trigger on old Spike after he's seen his better days.  Instead I folded it into a plastic bag and put it away.  

I have a few other flags in that room, Swiss for my Schmidt Rubins, Soviet/Russian for my Mosin Nagants, Italian for my Carcanos, The Union Jack for my Enfields and others, then one day my son asked "No Stars and Stripes?"  Shamed me, so I looked to the internet for a proper sized spanking new Old Glory.  Then I thought of that flag, old, faded, how would it fit in with all those new colorful flags.  

Turns out - rather well!!

Bob

Last edited by rsv1cox on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Bob, Wife and I have probably over 15, 3x5 and larger old cloth flags ----in various states of wear n tear.  In fact I have a monster 20 x 38 that I used to fly on a 60 foot pole every 4th before high winds brought the whole shebang onto the front yard....now only a 40' pole so the Big one stays folded

Quilting wife has repaired many, mostly to deal with the wind fraying

Each month we have a flag burning ceremony at the VFW using the local Scouts to do the entire scheduled process

Almost 100% teary eyes the way they do it

Several times, at different stages of her or my careers, some thoughtful co worker had a Flag flown over the US Capitol, IRAQ capitol, or Texas Capitol and a certificate signed by who ever and presented to us

Really need to get off ass and do a good Man cave, She shack "I love me" wall with all this stuff

Any how...thanks for the other photos... very cools collection you have
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:59 am

Bob ,the bike is looking great ! I was showing my son and he said hey its a Honda and think's it looks great and would make a good touring around bike . I like the room set up too ! Smoking
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:21 am

And I Like It Too. ( 70s Irish spring soap comercial) lol
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down