Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Sam's Early Days Cox_ba12

Sam's Early Days Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 7:28 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Today at 6:59 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 1:26 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by robot797 Today at 1:12 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:12 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 8:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Today at 12:53 am

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 9:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 9:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 10:49 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Sam's Early Days Empty
Live on Patrol

Sam's Early Days

Go down

Sam's Early Days Empty Sam's Early Days

Post  londke3 Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:01 pm

I found this one on my channel of Sam when he was 4 years old. If you watch until the end you can see just how little he was. This is where it all began for him flying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FfG_kyyIKc
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Sam's Early Days Empty Re: Sam's Early Days

Post  Marleysky Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:01 pm

Wow, that was 4 years ago?  Super job of pitman and plane retriever. Ok, what was the model and engine that could take that much dirt diving and start right back up?  
I can see why he can fly combat now and make it look like easy flyin! Great Dad / flight instructor.  RC Plane
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:37 pm

That's so great! We could be looking at the great leader of the control line revival of the 21st century.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 am

Marleysky wrote:Wow, that was 4 years ago?  Super job of pitman and plane retriever. Ok, what was the model and engine that could take that much dirt diving and start right back up?  
I can see why he can fly combat now and make it look like easy flyin! Great Dad / flight instructor.  RC Plane
It was a coroplalst slab wing with a rudder and the engine was a Cox Baby Bee .049. The plane did not even have a bell crank in it. It was just a monoline to the handle with no elevator control whatsoever. I just wanted Sam to experience holding a handle and turning in circles. There was one flight where the plane was trimmed right and he actually did quite a few laps. Here is the link for that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWwEYomm-aM
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:58 pm

These vids are PRICELESS!! Sam seemed to be eager to fly straight-away. He was attentive, relatively undistracted.. and wanting to continue, following every attempt for sustained-flight.

These vids are also very inspirational on several levels Mike. IMO; they make us take a good look at ourselves. What "our" influences were that brought us to this point in the hobby. It may be a bit late for us "older dads" to mentor our children in the ways that you have with Samuel.. but it's never too late to mentor our grand.. or even "great" grandchildren into the direct-connection world of control-line aero-modeling. Whenever I read of these "family-flying" experiences.. it get's me really "jacked-up/psyched" that I might be able to enjoy similar-experiences.. even if with the young neighborhood kids and their parents.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  londke3 Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:48 pm

roddie wrote:These vids are PRICELESS!! Sam seemed to be eager to fly straight-away. He was attentive, relatively undistracted.. and wanting to continue, following every attempt for sustained-flight.

These vids are also very inspirational on several levels Mike. IMO; they make us take a good look at ourselves. What "our" influences were that brought us to this point in the hobby. It may be a bit late for us "older dads" to mentor our children in the ways that you have with Samuel.. but it's never too late to mentor our grand.. or even "great" grandchildren into the direct-connection world of control-line aero-modeling. Whenever I read of these "family-flying" experiences.. it get's me really "jacked-up/psyched" that I might be able to enjoy similar-experiences.. even if with the young neighborhood kids and their parents.
Thanks for the kind words Roddie. These times with Samuel are treasured moments for me as a dad. We'll have lots more videos coming up. Sam was just given a 4 Norvels and a fellow combat guy is sending us several of Larry Driskall's needles to run them on bladders so we'll have a fleet of easy to fly 1/2A combat wings to trash flying matches. His progress should skyrocket.
londke3
londke3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down