Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet Cox_ba12

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 12:33 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 12:17 pm

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» need info on this
by lla Today at 10:30 am

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:26 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet Empty
Live on Patrol

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet

Go down

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet Empty Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet

Post  Kim Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

So, the 2018 Flying Season TRIES to start up...amid winds and wild temperature swings.  Got myself a campsite at St. Joe Park out here in the Missouri sticks...looks like a nice chilly night in store.

Gonna head over to the M.A.M.A. (Mineral Area Modeling Association) in the morning for a fun day with this club.  At least two more Breezy Hill Flyers will be driving in in the morning.

Only brought one plane: ole Mud Dabber to show off it's new Monokote wing.

Hope to have some photos and video to post.

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 1_flye10

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 1_37

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 2_39

Last edited by Kim on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet Empty Re: Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet

Post  Geist Flieger Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Kim if you see any used parts rc pt_19 could you please shoot me a text, looking for the cowl halves. Thank you
Geist Flieger
Geist Flieger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet Empty Re: Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet

Post  Kim Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:04 pm

Geist Flieger wrote:Kim if you see any used parts rc pt_19 could you please shoot me a text, looking for the cowl halves. Thank you

Will Do!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Geist Flieger Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:48 am

Thank you Kim. No problem if you can't I'll just make 1 out of balsa but I was going after the least amount of work route!
Geist Flieger
Geist Flieger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 am

The Columbia Swap Meet had a fairly small turn out. Got myself a really battered partial Corsair fuse and wing, and an old magazine. The older gentleman that always sells Cox engines still has the .049 with the Goldberg adapter, but wants twenty bucks for it.

If somebody wants it, let me know in the next 20 minutes, and I'll cover it for cost and postage.

Now, time for short nap....

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 1_38

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 2_40
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:13 am

Good find on the Corsair, swap meet here had a poor showing this year too. Your Chipmunk is boxed, just need to get to the post office! Wish their hours didn’t mirror mine. Rolling Eyes

I like your Avatar, funny little movie from 1902.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:29 am

Thanks Ron,

Sounds good on the Chip...no hurry. Gonna catch me a more serious nap---woke up real early--then head toward Jefferson City for a visit with my brother.

Yeah, got the avatar photo from an exhibit that accompanied the Apollo 11 Command Module in St. Louis.

Later !!!
Traveling Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:29 pm

Got some video together from the Mineral Area Modeling Association's Fun-Fly last Saturday.

https://youtu.be/buffdHkExDE

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Geist Flieger Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Nice video Kim! Is that a O.S. .25 on your mud dobber?
Geist Flieger
Geist Flieger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Geist Flieger wrote:Nice video Kim! Is that a O.S. .25 on your mud dobber?

Thanks man! The engine is an ancient .35FP that was new when I built Mud Dabber back in 1983.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Geist Flieger Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 pm

The fp is a good engine line. I own the 25 fp and a magnum gp40 which is a clone of the 40 fp. I run it with a diesel head, in fact I ordered a new diesel head off ebay and I'm waiting for it to come in. I'll post it on youtube soon. Take care and enjoy the weekend, I'll be on a frieght train again unfortunately so no flying this weekend for me.
Geist Flieger
Geist Flieger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Kim wrote:Got some video together from the Mineral Area Modeling Association's Fun-Fly last Saturday.

https://youtu.be/buffdHkExDE

What's the procedure with the competition Kim? Curious about the markings on the strip
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:37 am

Meant to write a note about it Rod. The grid was for the spot-landing contest: 3 attempts with 15 points for the for center block and ten points for the outer blocks. I got twenty points. tying with flying bud Billy. Two other guys tied with 45 each, did a rematch and tied again.

The circles were the target for the bomb drop, which didn't seem to happen.

There was also a time-to-climb glide contest----15 seconds to climb as high as possible, power back then longest time back down.

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 00_010

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 00_111

Spring Fun-Fly in Missouri & Columbia, Illinois Swap Meet 61_410
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:54 am

Geist Flieger wrote:The fp is a good engine line. I own the 25 fp and a magnum gp40 which is a clone of the 40 fp. I run it with a diesel head, in fact I ordered a new diesel head off ebay and I'm waiting for it to come in. I'll post it on youtube soon. Take care and enjoy the weekend, I'll be on a frieght train again unfortunately so no flying this weekend for me.

Well, take care. May do some flying this morning...got a four-year-old's birthday party to go to later today. Bought her a 'Nerf Cyclone-Shot' automatic pistol, so we'll see how THAT goes !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:57 am

Well, take care.  May do some flying this morning...got a four-year-old's birthday party to go to later today.  Bought her a 'Nerf Cyclone-Shot' automatic pistol, so we'll see how THAT goes !!![/quote]

That sounds great to me. I get my nephews stuff like that. They love me and never forget to invite me to their parties. I don't think their mom feels quite the same, though.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:46 am

fit90 wrote:

Well, take care.  May do some flying this morning...got a four-year-old's birthday party to go to later today.  Bought her a 'Nerf Cyclone-Shot' automatic pistol, so we'll see how THAT goes !!!

That sounds great to me. I get my nephews stuff like that. They love me and never forget to invite me to their parties. I don't think their mom feels quite the same, though.
[/quote]

Yeah, the angle here though is that Nora's Mom and Dad are both 'Gun People', and that I might get get her something THEY wanted to be the first to buy!! Sorta like under-cutting parents by getting a kid their first bicycle!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:13 pm

Kim wrote:
fit90 wrote:

Well, take care.  May do some flying this morning...got a four-year-old's birthday party to go to later today.  Bought her a 'Nerf Cyclone-Shot' automatic pistol, so we'll see how THAT goes !!!

Yeah, the angle here though is that Nora's Mom and Dad are both 'Gun People', and that I might get get her something THEY wanted to be the first to buy!!  Sorta like under-cutting parents by getting a kid their first bicycle!  [/quote]

I never thought of it that way. I just wanted to bug the hell out of my sister so I get her sons (my nephews) stuff they shouldn't, but definitely will, use in the house.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:29 am

Great video Kim , looks like a good time with some friends to me and a little competition is always fun to get a laugh or two ! Eyebrows
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down