Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Cox_ba12

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:52 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Yesterday at 6:07 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log

Post  944_Jim Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:19 pm

GB,
You need to be careful...that plane was flying so fast you ripped the skin off it!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:25 am

Not sure what nostalgic plane Eric has, maybe a Baby Clown? Or, smaller Magician? Looks like about the same wing area as the Ringmaster Junior. Choice of engines, the Medallion .15 or the Sportsman .15, either looks like a shoe-in.

Just needs to have the old silkspan stripped off the wing, frame cleaned and recovered, should look good again, fly the same too. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:18 am

???? I thought i put that here > https://www.coxengineforum.com/t17489-2023-run-what-ya-brung-unlimited-speed ?? Anyway I pretty sure its a ringmaster Jr. George W?S 26 1/2 " give or take , the controls seem ok but hinges need replacing ,after i get it cleaned up will see Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:52 am

getback wrote:
getback wrote:2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Img_2167
Anyway I pretty sure its a ringmaster Jr. George W?S 26 1/2 " give or take , the controls seem ok but hinges need replacing ,after i get it cleaned up will see Very Happy
The Ringmaster Junior has a 30" wingspan. Its bubble cockpit is more forward. With the wingspan you mention, Eric, I think your model is a Flying Clown.

https://brodak.com/control-line-kits/brodak/flying-clown-kit.html

2019 CEF Run What Ya Brung Unlimited Speed Contest Build Log  - Page 2 Clp-2510

Brodak wrote:Quick Overview
The Flying Clown features a durable construction in an easy-to-build kit that's fun to build and fun to fly! A kit based on a classic design, the Flying Clown will help revive the control-line tradition! Build the Flying Clown and be part of the Old Time Stunt competitions.

Specifications
Wing Span: 26 3/4
Plane Length: 22 1/4
Wing Area: 200
Engine: .09 to .25
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:59 am

Clown it is LOL Thanks George I think it may bee a PDQ kit to from what i have read from Ken in another thread , the medallion will probably bee the one for it that way i don't have to cut out the fuse for intake . Found this looks like Kim came in with 50' lines on his after doing some experiments with length >> https://www.coxengineforum.com/t15367-a-flying-clown-friday-and-sunday ...
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:28 am

getback wrote:Clown it is LOL Thanks George I think it may bee a PDQ kit to from what i have read from Ken in another thread , the medallion will probably bee the one for it that way i don't have to cut out the fuse for intake . Found this looks like Kim came in with 50' lines on his after doing some experiments with length >> https://www.coxengineforum.com/t15367-a-flying-clown-friday-and-sunday  ...

You are welcome, Eric. Very Happy

@Kim was using his venerable, classic Fox .15X, a reasonably lightweight .15 with decent power on his Flying Clown. Your .15 Medallion would be a good lightweight fit. Yup, agree on it versus the .15 Sportsman. If you were building it instead of modifying, then it is easier to make provision with proper cutting and strengthening (if needed) to accomodate the rear venturi.

I used an OS Max .15FP-S (the venturi version) on my Ringmaster Jr., it makes it very nose heavy affecting stuntability. That engine is powerful enough that I could probably use it on the larger 40" wingspan Ringmaster S-1. (Ken alluded to this sometime back. the OS is a wonderfully powerful by smooth running engine.) The Sportsman would also be a good shoe-in for the Jr.

Eric, I can easily see that your Flying Clown with the dust cleaned off, can easily be restored, dust makes it look worse than it really is, a nice score. I love these type projects, real fun in the making. Cool
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:24 pm

Eric,
How about a pair of stand off pads from the inboard side? That gets some port side thrust to help with line pull,.allows for skdi g the engine back, and keeps from having to move the fuel tank to the engine? A thinner (side to side) fuel tank could help with the difficulties of fuel draw from the inboard engine against the outboard tank. After all, it only needs to stay up for how.many laps? I'd go with the rear intake engine so you compete against other reedies...rather, so you don't compete against other front intake engines.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:44 am

I am probably going with the easiest fix and run the engine before installing , my time is limited ,I have some fuel tanks and will bee something for a short run so hopefully i want fall down after wards lol! I don't think fuel draw is a problem with the medallion .15 engine ... Since someone else built this plane God knows when I 'll need to ck the glue joints good ! Straightness of surface to surface too . I think we should abandon this thread and start up 2023 build/ repair one ?!? This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:40 am

getback wrote:I think we should abandon this thread and start up 2023 build/ repair one ?!? This Site Rocks!
Eric, so far, it seems that you are the only one in this 4 year old thread. Perhaps being an older thread has kept others from taking interest.

Don't you think it would be better if you started a new thread and propose the idea? This would be a fresh start. Use it as a "straw poll" to gather interest. Let those who respond help to form up the ground rules. Then you or whoever wants to take the lead, then can start the contest.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2