Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

what kind of engines are these  Cox_ba12

what kind of engines are these  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

what kind of engines are these  Empty
Live on Patrol

what kind of engines are these

Go down

what kind of engines are these  Empty what kind of engines are these

Post  Spudwrench Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:43 am

hello guys new to cox engines, new to the forums. I saw some small engines at LHS for a cheap price so I snagged them up. I know very little about these. one seems complete not sure of condition.It does spin with compression. However I have a very small amount of front to back play when I pull on prop. The other engine is missing parts. it came with some other parts I dont think go to these. I wondered if you guys could help me identify what they are. My Hope's would be to get them running for a lazy bee 40" but not sure if they will work for that application or not. Also not sure if a throttle and muffler could be added to either of these. what kind of engines are these  20200710
Spudwrench
Spudwrench

Back to top Go down

what kind of engines are these  Empty looks like a great deal.

Post  happydad Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:12 am

Spudwrench wrote:hello guys new to cox engines, new to the forums. I saw some small engines at LHS for a cheap price so I snagged them up.  I know very little about these. one seems complete not sure of condition.It does spin with compression. However I have a very small amount of front to back play when I pull on prop. The other engine is missing parts. it came with some other parts I dont think go to these. I wondered if you guys could help me identify what they are. My Hope's would be to get them running for a lazy bee 40" but not sure if they will work for that application or not. Also not sure if a throttle and muffler could be added to either of these.

lower left looks like a tee dee, but can't tell if it is an .049, .051 or .09. .051 engine will have a thin groove near the bottom of the piston. if you turn the engine until it is at. top dead center, highest compression, you should see the bottom of the piston. black Venturi normally means a .049 and red Venturi normally means a .051 engine.
   above the tee dee engine is a rc carburetor, but it looks like it is for a larger engine. measure the outside diameter of the smallest tube looking piece, one piece may be flared for better air intake, and update here. someone here may know what it is for.
  in the lower right is a .049 front end of an engine and to its left is a tank commonly used withe the other part. missing is the backplate where the rest of the engine parts are.
  I am not sure about the other 2 parts. they may be rc carburetors. the fins throw me a curve. I'm sure other members will comment.
welcome to the coxengineforum. happy dad RC Plane 4th of July Flag Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

what kind of engines are these  Empty Re: what kind of engines are these

Post  balogh Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:11 am

Welcome to the forum.

Compared to the dimensions of the Golden Bee tank to its right, the TeeDee seems to be a 049.

Because it has journal and not ball bearings, some small axial play with the COX TeeDee crankshaft is normal, as long as the crank-pin does not hit the backplate on the crankcase..the backplate is screwed in, so you may try to remove it to check if there are signs of abrasion on it from the crank-pin.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:37 am

Just to add, the Golden Bee tank will fit the other incomplete Cox engine. You will need a complete backplate assembly and a set of screws, including a prop screw & washer. You can get all these at Cox International or Ex Model Engines.
If the price was cheap, it was worth it just for the Tee Dee.
The two large finned Carbs could be K&B and I'd suggest around .40 size.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:12 am

Welcome to the Forum Spudwrench here are the parts for the Golden Bee? / Which usually has a gold crankcase sipt for the older one some were silver .. https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-fuel-tank-screw-long-4.html https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-black-widow-golden-bee-backplate.html https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-snap-starter-spring-no-drag.html snap sprung for eaiser starting ,,,https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-propeller-screw-short-4.html for runing you will need some fuel and battery pack with glow igniter wire https://coxengines.ca/cox-starter-battery-box-with-clip.html https://sigmfg.com/products/sig-champion-fuel?variant=380738961417 Hope this Helps Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:47 am

It looks like you may need a prop drive plate/washer too. The one on the lower right engine looks crushed. Been there.

https://coxengines.ca/cox-.049-drive-plate-babe-bee-round.html

I don't see a backplate for the gold tank either which may go to the incomplete engine. It could be a complete (almost) Golden Bee. I have seen them both ways, completely anodized and with a natural front end.

Welcome to the forum.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Spudwrench Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:19 am

thank you guys so much for the wealth of info. hopefully j can get a few parts ordered and get these guys up and running. I will report back once I've made some progress
Spudwrench
Spudwrench

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down