Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Cox_ba12

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 5:27 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by getback Today at 3:25 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty
Live on Patrol

Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  Gordinir8 Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 pm

Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build

Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Re: Clancy Aviation Yard bee

Post  happydad Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:43 pm

Gordinir8 wrote:Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build

Gordinir8: 2x nice flights, and nice looking plane. The area you are flying in looks like where I live, except 50 years ago, when there were fewer homes surrounding the area.

When can I come over and fly with you. lol!

Happydad RC Plane Biplane Jeep                          Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:45 pm

Great videos. Looks like you got yourself a nice flier there.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordinir8 Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 pm

happydad wrote:
Gordinir8 wrote:Here are a couple of videos of my maiden Yard Bee flight i had today, powered by a single port cylinder Cox engine. I was afraid that it might be very fast, that is why i put this engine on, Baby bee will be installed next time to see what will happen. Plans for this model can be found in Aerofred. Nice and very easy to build

Gordinir8: 2x nice flights, and nice looking plane. The area you are flying in looks like where I live, except 50 years ago, when there were fewer homes surrounding the area.

Happydad RC Plane Biplane Jeep                          Old Bugger United States

Well you are free to come, if you are interested the whole place is for sale, bank asking 90 mil euros for it. It would be nice to buy it and make a private RC field. Very Happy
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Wow

Post  happydad Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Gordinir8 wrote:
happydad wrote:

Well you are free to come, if you are interested the whole place is for sale, bank asking 90 mil euros for it. It would be nice to buy it and make a private RC field. Very Happy

That is a lot of Euros! I bet the bank is planning on building 90million homes on that lot, or apartments.

Happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 am

That is a Nice flier , 2 channel ? Mite consider a 8cc tank for just a little more air time Very Happy Does a good glide . This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordinir8 Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:21 am

getback wrote:That is a Nice flier , 2 channel ? Mite consider a 8cc tank for just a little more air time Very Happy Does a good glide . This Site Rocks!

That's a 8cc tank but engine gas a problem and dies at about one minute or less, i think it's the backplate, i will switch to a baby bee and test it, though smaller tank i am sure it will fly longer. Also new wing covering to be placed so it will soon get back to hangar for repairs Very Happy
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am

G8;

For grins and giggles, check the position of the fuel pickup tube. The timing also suggests a perished Oring seal between tank and backplate.

Usually the tube ends in the 8:00 or 4:00 position so as to use centrifugal (or is it centripedal?) force during control line operations to pick up the "last drops" of fuel slinging to the outboard side of the tank.

For RC work, you may need to extend the fuel line so it can be positioned at the bottom of the tank. I know the Silver/Golden Bee and Black Widow have the filler tubes running through the tank, so optimum fuel pickup placenta placement might get difficult for RC...I know it makes placenta placement difficult for CL. There is (was?) a blank 8 cc tank available. No cross tubes means it would be easier to place the pickup dead bottom.

For reference, look for Texaco tank set-up tips. It should reflect setting up a tank for "good to the last drop" in a level or slightly nose-up flight.

Last edited by 944_Jim on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:40 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : No airplanes got pregnant in this thread...Bwahaha!)

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordinir8 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:07 am

944_Jim wrote:G8;

For grins and giggles, check the position of the fuel pickup tube. The timing also suggests a perished Oring seal between tank and backplate.

Usually the tube ends in the 8:00 or 4:00 position so as to use centrifugal (or is it centripedal?) force during control line operations to pick up the "last drops" of fuel slinging to the outboard side of the tank.

For RC work, you may need to extend the fuel line so it can be positioned at the bottom of the tank. I know the Silver/Golden Bee and Black Widow have the filler tubes running through the tank, so optimum fuel pickup placenta placement might get difficult for RC...I know it makes placenta placement difficult for CL. There is (was?) a blank 8 cc tank available. No cross tubes means it would be easier to place the pickup dead bottom.

For reference, look for Texaco tank set-up tips. It should reflect setting up a tank for "good to the last drop" in a level or slightly nose-up flight.

"Unfortunately" everything is as you described Huh... Engine is very carefully assembled. There was one flight from the 10 i performed that kept for about 2.5 minutes so there is hope!. I just disassembly it and back assembly the engine again, will test it again to see how it will go.
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:41 am

The model is nice indeed, but maaan, where the heck do you live?!
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordinir8 Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Ha! why you ask? This is and industrial area 20min driving from where i live and one of the few open areas left to fly close to me. This is the spot that battle of Salamis took place at 480bc
Gordinir8
Gordinir8
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Andy Clancy Designs are back in business:
If you want your own Lazy Bee?

https://www.andyclancydesigns.com/
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:37 am

To extend flight time try wit texaco red fuel tank its smaler ventury wil help wit very little drop in performance extend flight prop change can reduce rpm change comsumption also extend flight Nice models Good performance Thumbs Up RC Plane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dirk gently Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:41 am

Gordinir8 wrote:Ha! why you ask?
Oh, it's just because I need to move there, immediately. It not only has a sea nearby, it also looks like a great flying area.
dirk gently
dirk gently
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Clancy Aviation Yard bee Empty Clancy Aviation Yard Bee Price

Post  3Brutes Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am

Hi everyone, I came accross a new Yard Bee in my attic while cleaning. The kit has everything except the radio. Can someone please help assess in valuing the plane. I am not sure it I want to give it to my son to play with or hold onto it. Thanks!
3Brutes
3Brutes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down