Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Lost engine Even worse From california dan !!!!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mad Daniel sitter Send the wrong stuff

Post  davidll1984 Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Dent on fins on the glow plug just look the coton swa      Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 16120419
b dirt from inside cylinder       Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 16120421
      Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 16120420
Glow plug fins bent tool marks on cylinder exaust opening blemished spot on its piston and its cylinder cylinder is no1 two bypas litle bether than one lol!  y wil have To ground its cylinder y want To use rc ring Not wit the Snowmobile engine wel that engine To me stil worth just like 20 $ us y pay 75$ canadien Not faire Not Good for wat y pay for with To me double  triple very. BAD very disapointed plus al the désagréments and long time before y get Answer wit get no solutions y Feel like y have Made to have is that they want to screw me
Sad DAMMIT! Computer Issues Computer Issues Computer Issues Computer Issues Thumbs Down

Last edited by davidll1984 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ad info dont buy from him just me saying)
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mad Re: Lost engine Even worse From california dan !!!!

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:45 am

I don’t know what to tell you David. Have you gone through all the right channels on Ebay as in reported the problem, contacted seller, feedback etc.?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:07 am

One thing I will say in regards to EBAY is that the buyer is the keeper of the cheese. Your purchases are protected via EBAY and PAYPAL. EBAY has a money back guarantee which is what one goes through at first if you don't receive your product. If your not satisfied and you open a request, EBAY is on top of it. You can call them and talk to them as I have done this many times. Everything you type is documented and they absolutely check all exchanged emails. This means that any threatening advances or foul language should be avoided otherwise your case is IMMEDIATELY dropped.

Unfortunately, these issues aren't resolved overnight typically, they can take 3-4 weeks for a full refund. The main importance is to maintain persistence. EBAY will contact the seller, if they have no responses within the allotted time frame, your money will be refunded. However, that doesn't replace what you were in need of. I have made purchases and the seller due to having dozens of items actually lost the product he listed and couldn't provide me with what I wanted. Does it sound like that could happen? I don't know but it did to me and that took 1 week for a refund and both the seller and I were very cooperative and level headed. Not a big issue just a annoyance.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:11 am

Wel its bit more complex y somtime use 3 part To order for me stuf y want on eBay the guy tels me eBay dont use french its hard To deal wit eBay its the first time it hapen in 15years of buying on eBay y dont have time for al that trouble m'y self so Thumbs Down
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mad California dan after sale report

Post  davidll1984 Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 pm

Mad Pay attention to this ...( Croseure de crisse) Completely deficient after-sales service send me the wrong engine dont want To refund m'y mony an y have To pay chiping if so y lose mony if y keap the engine dont want To refund the différence and chiping Simple example if I ask myself a glass of juice is the one served me the wrong one I dont was to pay for the waitress's hour and the wrong juice juifs Thumbs Down If you can not serve me the good thing I have nothing to pay even here I drank on the wrong glass its Not m'y Mistake is that sometimes could be fatal like in case of Allergy in my case I am like allergic to small bea bee I own To mutch of them I have had enough of them some of u like them y just have enough for two life of use
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:36 pm

If you purchased the engine through EBAY, you owe nothing and your money will be refunded. I mentioned this before and if you use the correct channels that EBAY prompts you through it takes about 2-3 weeks. Yes, the seller can say I'm not refunding your money. EBAY though guarantees the buyer satisfaction by a money back guarantee which can result in the seller not being able to sell and using their services.

Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:46 pm

That is exactly right , you need to talk to Ebay directly and get a refund , there will bee more engines ! . Easier to let it gooo i can tell you are Mad !! don't let this hobby get you down RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:57 pm

Y just felt that y I have had enough of that trouble wit him Not wanted To pay for chiping for return of the wrong engine y have ask him eBay now Paypal for partial refund and want me To send him back for complète refund if u have folow the story its lots of trouble for just that pice of crap y pay for mutch advenced engine and Reciver the worst engine posibl i got screwed for me its Not worth the mony y pay for  But because I like cox engines I'm ready to pay the real engine value just want the différence plus chiping cost as refund and Not working y am mad right now and Every time I have news from that guy y wil never buy from him To mutch trouble in case of mistake  its Not m'y folt its him y tink y Deserve respect I have buy couple engine from him now y dont tink y want To expérience that trouble for just noting in return no more buisnes wit him for me and its m'y (WARNING)  for al of  you  that have tight budget trouble like that not wort the mony y pay 110$ just look the price of babe bee .049 from cox engine      Lost engine  Even worse  From california dan !!!! - Page 3 Screen94
In addition I think I remember that his was less expensive with 10 prop than the price from cox international
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Mad merge topic

Post  davidll1984 Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:13 pm

Y tink For all this trouble I deserve a full refund then I keep the engine for free if y have To pay 30$ To chip the wrong engine To him y Prefer to use it as a weed eater cut grass wit him if y do so y make vidéo of that I hope I don't have to come to this if y stay stick wit that trouble for To long and have To pay for y wil trash  the engine on a brick wall befor y send him back To get back part of m'y mony Then if he comes to complain I'll just act like he says it's Not my fault ask shipping guy??? Mad DAMMIT! Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                
                                              Old Bugger  U Wanted Good stuf buy from cox international or from ex models engines u wil never get that trouble wit them y like you guy Thumbs Up Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:39 pm

Y wonder ho have m'y engine now wat its use for ?? Sur Not Snowmobile model y have To say y am mad want m'y mony back dan siter You owe me money y want it back m'y mony $$$ Doh! Mad DAMMIT! Computer Issues
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:51 pm

David, I merged your most recent posts from the old Dan Sitter go fund me thread to this thread.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:19 pm

David, I can appreciate the frustration, but you have to let it go bud. Your avenue was to go through Ebay to get your money back. If that didn’t work, then you need to just let it go. I haven’t bought a thing from Dan myself. Maybe you should start networking and go with private sales. Haven’t met a bad guy doing private sales yet. Just two guys doing a gentleman’s deal. Works every time.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm

Yes y no its that Snowmobile engine that have Lead me to this seller in over 10 year of buying it never hapen y just had the worst expérience of m'y life of buying online wit him hope it never hapen egain y hate To post négative comment its Not me. And mabe y just lost control litle sory Embarassed I wouldn't want to offend anybody and dont want To Leave an unpleasant aftertaste for readers y like To read the Good stuf m'y self and its Not Pleasant To read y try m'y best for translate m'y best its Difficult to translate the emotion the sarcasm and many other feeling wit english just one Word place wrong change the meaning My excuses so sometimes I could say things without my knowledge
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:26 pm

Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Sad I'm really tired of these childishness When I'm pushed to the limit I can hurt
I warn anyone who might think of doing business with him, be careful not to trust him. Mad DAMMIT! Computer Issues Give me back my money It's all [bleep] I advise you to buy from our two friends cox international ( bernie ) or ex models engines (mat ) Who always do, always good work The best after-sales service Not like with ....california dan the worst sales department, you [bleep] up not sending the right stuff plus I send him back then no new I want to take legal action against him I just wanted to update No No Thumbs Down Devil
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:51 pm

I've been buying engines from Dan for several years, and not
without a few hic-ups here and there. In those cases, I stayed
in touch with him, and he always came through. I recently ordered
a group of 5 "290" engines, and it took a little prodding, but Dan
came through and compensated for the delay with 7 engines. Also,
every engine from Dan was either a double or multiple from his
collection. All new old stock, and never seen fuel.
  Stay with it, David. Keep in touch with Dan with an e-mail here
and there, and don't get angry or take it personally. None of "us"
are as sharp as we used to be. Dan is not a bad person. Just cut
him a little slack.
Best regards, Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:35 pm

Well, I'm not communicating directly with him I had to ask my friend David St Louit to order them for me that's why it's much more complicated but at first glance it's sure that the guy doesn't want to understand anything Now that we have wasted our time neither ebay nor paypal want to refund us Is if I understood correctly he does not care about us In short he has nothing to do I think he is doing it on purpose Just to waste my time that I don't have I really don't need all this trouble That to appease my anger he needs to send me my money and this presto DAMMIT!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 pm

Looks like the ball is in David St Louit's court. Mind
you, it seems to me at least, that he may not have
a vested interest in the transaction. If it was my
problem, I would have handled it differently, and
I'd probably have the engine by now.
Oh well,
Bob
P.S. Only you can appease your anger, It's yours.
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 am

Something, something dead horse.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:40 am

5 months ! David , call it a lost at this point its too old an issue , and if not been keeping up with it , I am afraid you have lost . Friend . Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:46 am

Do you see this problem then I hope others like me to avoid this seller like the plague That I warn all those who would like to do business with him, I hope he gets stuck with the rest of the engine he has that he can put them where I think Reading Blow up Mad!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:19 pm

Your problem is not with Dan. If you would've contacted Ebay immediately, they offer a refund NO QUESTIONS ASKED when a item isn't delivered. The first thing they prompt is Would you like a refund or would you like to wait. You open a case, they follow up IMMEDIATELY and then offer you once again the options. If the seller doesn't directly communicate with you, EBAY contacts them. If no response, EBAY refunds the money no questions asked. The money is placed back into your account and they notify you by e-mail as to why it was returned to your account.  I never ever heard of them not refunding the money EVER. During last year with COVID, I had to do this with multiple items at least 12 times due to extensive mail delays or lost mail. I even received the items months later and offered them back which they refused to take them back. EBAY is solely for the seller, they're in control of the money, not Dan. Dan's responsibility is to provide a accurate description of the item and place it in the mail box. He's done with that item after that. If your not satisfied, you can ask
      (Doesn't mean the seller will or has to accept) seller directly for a replacement, if none, once again open a case and state your issue. A big inconvenience but the service they provide is to protect you which they do.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:33 pm

During last year with COVID, I had to do this with multiple items at least 12 times due to extensive mail delays or lost mail. I even received the items months later and offered them back which they refused to take them back.

My experience also. In this regard ebay is first rate!
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:22 pm

Well, I can't do anything about it, it's David who has to deal with this To have known I would not have returned the engine I believe it's all lost now I really lost it all Although this engine already cost me a lot
For an engine that won't be worth a penny But I regret it because it could have made a good weed wacker Or a good projectile to launch it in a wall in function With all this I lost over $ 100 us That I wanted to use for the amphibious 4x4 truck cox powered project If I could have been refunded m'y mony Mad DAMMIT! Thumbs Down Dan siter Reading
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:31 am

"Well, I'm not communicating directly with him I had to ask my friend David St Louit to order them for me that's why it's much more complicated."
It isn't that complicated
Right there, you exposed yourself as holding the short stick. You should have directly contacted Mr. Sitter, and not relied on your friend to represent you. Instead, you throw your friend under the bus while standing on the sidelines jumping up and down screaming
about how you've been wronged. IMHO you(or your friend) have mishandled or not handled
the situation.
Dan Sitter is a revered icon in this hobby.
I was somewhat sympathetic when this thread came up, but I think karma has taken care of that.
AMF,
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:56 am

Time to move on?? Sad Goodbye
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next