Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Cox_ba12

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Sherline lathe wont run
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:15 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by 706jim Today at 8:13 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Today at 5:59 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 12:26 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Empty
Live on Patrol

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads

Go down

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Empty Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads

Post  bakergw Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread re-hash and or sounds like an advert. I have NO relationship to Greg at Kamtechnik and only discovered him and his awesome products here on the forum doing exactly what I hoped the forum would do! This Site Rocks!

I bought four of the 049.... heads and four of the 049.... radial mounts from Greg. The first thing that struck me on receiving them was that they are works of art! I have never seen such beautifully machined parts. I have raced yamaha TZ grand prix bikes which were the privateer bikes and a few times I was lucky enough to get some parts that were made for the "factory works team" and not even they were machined and finished like the Kamtechnik parts!

Besides looking like they should be in a Jewell type case they worked and performed excellently as I hoped! Old Bugger I ran one of the heads on my Tee-Sure 049 which is an 049 Tee Dee with a surestart cylinder and nicely matching piston with some very minor port changes, standard 049 drum muffler, and pressure from the muffler, I didn't tacko it, but once I added one extra cylinder head gasket (total of two) it started easily and ran like a daemon. Very Happy . I don't own or bother with Tachos but I can say, I was glad when the tank emptied. Laughing I was using 25% nitro and 15% castor with 5% synthetic to keep the engine clean.

I have since ordered enough of the heads to see me to the end of my days. Laughing The turbo plugs over here in Oz where I buy them are the same price as the screwins used in the standard cox adapter and other Glow engines, but are more plentiful and the fellas reckon are the future as many other IC glow sports use them.

Clearly results will vary for different combos of parts, fuel, props and even what the engine is intended for. But for me they are perfect. I even reckon they might support my Nirvana of no Nitro. Smile Im going to give that a try later to day. The head chamber shape is very nice and tight with very high compression. Certainly worth a go, just to see. But regardless, they are spot on for my use and the mongrel bitsa I am developing for my own flying needs. sunny Airplane Thumbs Up

Cheers,
Gary
bakergw
Account Deactivated by Owner

Back to top Go down

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Empty Re: Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads

Post  rsv1cox Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi Gary,  There is an old saying "Without pictures it didn't happen."  I don't necessarily agree with that, but I sure would like to see a picture of those heads and radial mounts.

Besides looking like they should be in a Jewell type case they worked and performed excellently  

Gets my motor running.  

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Empty Re: Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads

Post  bakergw Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Hi,

A photo of the parts. Not a great photo. i shake a lot and my phone is a phone that happens to have a camera in it.

the website photos https://kamtechnik.com/product-category/cox-aft/ actually the website photos are not great either. Lol.

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Kam_pa10

Hope this helps Bob.

Cheers,
Gary
bakergw

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Thanks Gary, they are works of art.

Speaking of shakes, I'm the poster boy. My fingers hit the wrong keys and I spend as much time correcting my text as writing it. Sad

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  bakergw Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:11 pm

lol! You have my sympathy Bob, whilst I laugh, I know its not really funny, yes I have, or may have similar problems and they come and go, but come more often now as I get older. Old Bugger But as long as I keep getting up, and I reckon playing and fiddling with little engine parts, and flying planes round and round in circles and getting exercise, fresh air, have a social hobby, it contributes greatly to slowing down and delaying the onset of many medical problems.

Take it easy. Very Happy

Cheers,
Gary
bakergw

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:22 pm

It never gets me down Gary, if that's the most of my troubles I'm a happy camper. Smile

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:20 am

This head helps my red postage stamp 049 reedie - the 190 - spin a 4.5x3.5 APC prop at 28k when unloading in the air...really great stuff.

Regarding COX engines not letting you grow old, just refer to my slogan under my post! Keep spinning them, and let them keep you spinning, CEF friends.. Very Happy RC Plane Small Cox Logo
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:42 am

Good to hear you young lads are enjoying the parts.
The .049 prototype testing was done using the same engine
prop combo. The adapter was test flown with the Nano X
and exceeded previous top end rpm. 149 mph pitch speed.

Tested Kamtechnik Trumpet Turbo Plug Adapter - OS RP6 plug
Both Plugs Tested with the tuned pipe on my NANO X
Each test used 1 gasket.

4 x 4.5 Static Peak 26,324 rpm / 112 mph pitch speed
.151hp / 113w / 7.8oz thrust
+238 rpm

VS

Galbreath Nelson Head Adapter:
4 x 4.5 Static Peak 26,086 rpm / 111 mph pitch speed
.147hp / 110w / 7.8oz thrust

Also:

I saw big gain with a APC 4.2x4
Turbo plug adapter 1 head gasket 15% nitro with throttle sleeve
24,386 rpm +1,486 rpm
VS
22,900 Cox High Compression Plug 1 gasket 15% nitro

Passing prototype adapter / engine used:

Great Experience with Kamtechnik Heads Imag9414

Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:42 am

this is always good to hear and the price of these upgrade items are very reasonable ! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down