Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Cox_ba12

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Empty
Live on Patrol

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop

Go down

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Empty Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:23 pm

Boring miserable day.  Yesterday I took the mower off the John Deere. Junk Nikon L-120 cool-pix camera and cold shaky hands. Other pictures taken with a cheap pocket Kodak.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Dscn1533

Tomorrow I will be out in the middle of a snowstorm plowing and burning off brush, but today I'm stuck in the house, so...........

Put the Cox Airacobra to bed, actually sealed the box with dots of Elmers waiting for some kid to rip into it again sometime in the future.  I would not have bought it but I'm an Airacobra fan and I wanted to see how it compared with the Wen Max model.  

The box was pretty badly mauled (13 year old kid ripped into it like a monkey on a cupcake I think) but repaired quite well, corners, four-inch rips.  Box art is actually better executed than the model.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1120
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1122
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1121
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1124
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1123

This was (is) more fun.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1126
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1125

Yesteryear fun from the past. (I'm not really a communist.)

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1128
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1127

Cox Airacobra will go on the wall of shame.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1129

Inhabitant from the wall.  Testors Camel, came like this NIB knocked down, no box art.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1131
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1130

Got one built.  Interesting well-constructed model.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1132

Something more serious.  48" of control line fun that I never took advantage of.  Still like looking at it.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1133
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Empty Re: Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop

Post  davidll1984 Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:09 pm

I remember having seen several wen mac at ridiculous prices compared to model cox a few years ago I always regret not having bought something in that time tink i was chort $$$ Cool the soap wit camel guns this is a models i wanted To build i did start To build but never finish Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 RC Plane
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Empty Re: Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop

Post  NEW222 Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:55 pm

While all nice pictures, I do really like seeing your 'wall of planes'. The idea is great and well displayed.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:41 pm

What a great set of pictures of your collection. I have a couple of digital cameras. I hate it when the camera is smarter than I am. on a quick review of the Coolpic L-120 164 page user manual,  you have a lot of selections in the set-up menu. There IS a vibration setting that helps take non-blury pictures. And there is a two step procedure to snap a pic, 1-push the shutter button 1/2 way down to set focus,when the outline turns green,2-Push the button the rest of the way down. Not that I want to distract you from Planes, Trains or Automobiles, but photography is another Rabbit-hole we can get drawn down into...
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Scree110
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Scree109
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 am

All three of these cameras use the half-shutter focus feature, press halfway down wait for Ok then shoot.  But the Nikon even used as you describe is notorious for taking out of focus pictures unless held super steady, some recommend a stand. Deadly for me.  Shakes passed down from my mom who started shaky hands in her 80's and persisted until we lost her at 104.  

I have five of the Olympus cameras, my go-toos for the last twenty years.  It uses the old style large "Smartmedia" card which my computer does not support so I have to use an adapter hung off a USB port.  I'm down to one useable card the others simply worn out along with the Smartmedia adapter, but I have a new one coming from Amazon and two new Smartmedia cards coming from China.  Cheap at $4.76 each with free shipping.  

Pictures save me from typing so many words.......... Smile

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1136

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Dscn1611
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop 100_1135

I don't have a "Smart phone" - computer in your pocket - like most everyone does, but they do take excellent pictures.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:41 am

Interesting. Is that the 'Smartmedia' card beside the regular SD card there? I have never seen, nor heard of that format before. Now I am off to do some reading on them as well, it just looks interesting. I am guessing that they never took off due to size as everything was trying to go smaller and they were bigger?
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:49 am

Well Dr.Google was my friend. A nice quick little read, and interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartMedia
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:17 pm

Hi Robert! Well.. you definitely found a cure for your boredom! Very Happy I like your "Wall of Planes" too!

You may remember that I have a Mavica (Sony) CD-250 which I used extensively. It utilizes the mini CD-R-R/W discs.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Sony_m10

I later discovered the camera's "Macro" ability/setting, which is for close-up shots. There's a Macro "icon" which looks like a flower/tulip which will select that mode.

Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Macro_10
Just stuff - picture heavy miscellaneous ramblings from around the shop Macro_10

Up until I found/utilized that feature; my close-up photos were never as sharp.

Last edited by roddie on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SP)
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:18 pm

rsv1cox wrote:

I have five of the Olympus cameras, my go-toos for the last twenty years.  It uses the old style large "Smartmedia" card which my computer does not support so I have to use an adapter hung off a USB port.  I'm down to one useable card the others simply worn out along with the Smartmedia adapter, but I have a new one coming from Amazon and two new Smartmedia cards coming from China.  Cheap at $4.76 each with free shipping.  

Pictures save me from typing so many words.......... Smile

I don't have a "Smart phone" - computer in your pocket - like most everyone does, but they do take excellent pictures.

My Mavica cam became available in (2002) which is approx. when I bought mine. Eventually either the battery or charger stopped working.. and the mini (8cm) discs were becoming increasingly harder to find at brick and mortar stores. Because of this.. the camera was retired for about 10 years. When Amazon came into being, I found replacement info-lithium batteries and chargers for cheap $$$. Cheap enough to buy X2 of each for less than $50.... which I did. The disc-media was available too.. but I was using my "Smart phone" cam more and more.

You remember what happened to my Smart phone (the toilet incident...) It has recovered most of its functionality.. except it won't connect to a PC for downloading images. This prompted me to again; seek Amazon (Lynne has Amazon prime) for the mini-disc media. They list a X100ct. "Spin-X" spindle for $42/.42ea. which is currently on its way to me. I'm gambling that the camera will keep working. It's captured well over 6000 images since I bought it.. and I bought it as a re-manufactured unit from a Sony Store as I mentioned, sometime back in 2002.

I get your "Pictures save me from typing so many words.........." statement. I always enjoy your posts Robert.. and it's because there's almost always accompanying images. Smile

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum