Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Cox_ba12

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 1:49 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Ken Cook Today at 8:04 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Empty
Live on Patrol

.15 tee dee tap and die dimensions difrent size info

Go down

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Empty .15 tee dee tap and die dimensions difrent size info

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:13 am

What would be the right dimension of die or tap to make the right threads? On the base of the cylinder or the crankcase I know it's possible to use one or the other Alternatively also with a cutting tool for the correct thread pitch on a lathe I would like to do it as simply as possible If I manage to make this part it would be great because it could solve the difficulty of obtaining new cylinders for the .15. The cylinder prototype that I want to manufacture could be sold as an upgrade to modify this engine. I would like to know what you think of my idea also know yours if you have any suggestions RC Plane Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049

Last edited by davidll1984 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Empty Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 am

Hi David, I have seen on here screw thread info, will browse the tech info section ...
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Empty Fledgling

Post  Coxfledgling Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:46 am

Well I am convinced I saw thread info for Cox engines on here but do you think I can find it now ???
Coxfledgling
Coxfledgling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Empty Re: .15 tee dee tap and die dimensions difrent size info

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:09 am

I searched a bit but I found only for .049
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Empty Re: .15 tee dee tap and die dimensions difrent size info

Post  Marleysky Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:06 pm

Coxfledgling wrote:Well I am convinced I saw thread info for Cox engines on here but do you think I can find it now ???

At the very bottom of the page of instruction sheets, other sites :
.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Scree111

go to Martins "Homepage" from the link at the very bottom of first page, then to  "techinial info"  on left hand side of page:

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Scree112

TA-DAA !   3/4-32
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:23 pm

Thank you very much I'm sure I'll be still looking you saved me precious time As I said this cylinder is different from other normal ones It is thicker and wider Here I take another cylinder that I screw it on the different one the older medallion fit on the glow head Not the  crankcase is To large .15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  16423910
It's a little normal that I wonder with the other model tee dee or medallion we can screw the heads on the crankcase Not this one only its cap fit and is also bigger wil Not fit on a difrent engine than the mk|| .15 i tink take a look à this I don't understand why Cox did that?.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  16423911
Its Not 3\4_32 That's what I meant it's not the same only this cylinder made on this crankcase Not the glow head or the normal cylinder Which usually is the same size as the threads of the rest of the engine parts wit normale engine the head use To fit crankcase Not this one is larger
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:32 pm

Ok now Does anyone have a .15 crankcase that you can screw a glow head onto the cylinder part? Or the rear cap this model engine fit m'y spare .15 engine parts I would like to find a crankcase maybe with another crankcase it would solve my problème help .15 older medallion crankcase wit rear cap ?? I just found that the sportsman Intake valve is the same size .15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  16423912
Huh... Doh! Shocked confused
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:57 pm

To avoid this problem for others, this information should be added clearly for others who, like me, could be asking why it doesn't fit. As its Not clear This information cannot be found anywhere..15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Scree134 on the spécial mk|| and tee dee spécial mk| The dimension is not shown here are the dimensions are the same as that of a sportsman rear valve or olimpic drum valve its should be  13/16_32 .Here someone could fill in the blanks for me plz This Site Rocks! lets help other Share the info to prevent others from looking for nothing Computer Issues Hand Shake
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:59 am

I think the info is right there..... all 15s are 3/4X32 (12/16 x 32) except the Medallion that is 13/16x32 a 16th larger

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Cox_1510
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:22 am

I found this i tink this work .15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Scree135
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:53 am

I wanted a TD .15 cylinder and crank with a Medallion intake for a project I was working on. The TD .15 markII cylinder screws right on the Medallion case. All the parts were interchangeable. The rear plate screws into cylinder hole so same size.

.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Img_0712
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:47 pm

The early TD .15 crank case has the same external dimensions for the cylinder as the Olympic and Sportsman. There was a problem with the cylinder cracking, so Cox redesigned everything to accommodate a stronger cylinder with thicker walls and a larger diameter mounting thread. They also got rid of the ball and socket piston/rod. If you have an early TD .15, I think it's a little rare as it was quickly taken off the market.
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 pm

I'm working on several things at the same time, it's possible that I get mixed up A little like some of my engines As always, I'm looking for a different way to get to a radio controlled engine. To Have precise and effective control I like to modify thing This cylinder project made of aluminum is a bit crazy but I want to do it it would be a unique engine The possibility of using the best possible combination so that it is not only efficient but also very strong and durable I know that the model tee dee mk|| is a little different but with a single gas exhaust outlet I would be curious to take some measurements on one of this engine The trickiest is To set the correct Height but I wonder if I would be better off modifying the stroke of the piston to accommodate the air intake and exaust opening Earlier Barely a degree I fully intend to complete this project no matter how long it takes me no matter how complex it is.
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddict Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:33 am

You have great ideas and would love to see success in your projects as I have similar goals. I do have blank .049 cylinders that I want to cut my own ports. I have practiced milling ports on single port no. 2 cylinders with promising results. I wanted to make my own cylinders and pistons out of aluminum but would need aluminum with a high silicone content. Keep up the good work.
A.M.
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:25 am

The trickiest thing is to immobilize it well, the cylinder must be immobilized and fixed very securely But I have already done freehand with a dremel tool Take the time, holding very firmly, my hands hurt after I noticed a difference in performance I had made it thinner less wide like a smal boost port Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Snowman
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:19 am

I revisit this publication and realize that I did not publish the result I think I forgot The result is encouraging I believe that soon I will have another prototype to show you .15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Img_2369
.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Img_2369
.15 tee dee tap and die  dimensions difrent size info  Img_2370
I was very busy I was working on another project but I'm going to receive a tool that I had to have made and took a very long time I don't want to say too much but soon a new .049 will soon be born, made with my own hands, it will be a real little mechanical monster, a little different from what already exists.
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down