Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Cox_ba12

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 8:05 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 7:26 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 7:21 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 6:55 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Empty
Live on Patrol

seller's reply from Monarch 05 --- mistake?

Go down

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Empty seller's reply from Monarch 05 --- mistake?

Post  sosam117 Sat May 07, 2022 10:11 am

Got a reply from the seller and said that the wrong box was shipped.
That box was the remnants from the Monarch that he built last year, and it was accidently shipped instead of the kit.
The seller said that he had "five" other kits that he was shipping out at the same time and picked up the wrong box along with the other kits he was taking to the UPS store for shipping?

He asked me If I still wanted the kit or get the refund?

I emailed back the guy and told him I still wanted the kit and that the $116.00 was the contractual agreement for receiving a complete (intact) kit and he is bound by that contractual agreement.

We'll see what happens now?

Now for my EK Logictrol (LRB) Little Red Brick radio.
It still works well. I did use it until 2004 as it is on 72.160 (Blue/White) frequency.

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Ek_2ch11

My other favorite radio to use is the EK "Ranger" on 72.320 (Purple/White)
This radio is in good shape too as I use this until 2014 when I started to go to the 2.4 frequency and it was getting tough to get the radios tuned in every year?

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Ranger11

Last Brick radio was a Becker which I used the Multiplex Tx which I sold but kept the Becker brick receivers (little mini guys)

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Becker10

Love those brick radios!

Last edited by sosam117 on Sat May 07, 2022 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added onto title Monarch 05 mistake)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Empty Re: seller's reply from Monarch 05 --- mistake?

Post  rsv1cox Sat May 07, 2022 1:51 pm

Sounds like an honest mistake Mike, I'd cut the guy a little slack. A mix-up is always possible when selling multiple items.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Empty Re: seller's reply from Monarch 05 --- mistake?

Post  sosam117 Sun May 08, 2022 3:06 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Sounds like an honest mistake Mike, I'd cut the guy a little slack.  A mix-up is always possible when selling multiple items.  

Well, I got a full refund from the seller. ( the $116.00)

I told the seller I was sorry about jumping the gun but told him I have been burned 3 times in the last year buying online.
The seller was sorry that the wrong box was shipped but decided to give me a refund to cut his losses and just sell the kit locally.

I'm bummed out now about not getting the kit (Life goes on!)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun May 08, 2022 3:48 pm

You did better than I did on this broken ebay buy.

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? P1013193

I told him to go to UPS for a settlement but he said that he did not insure it, so he offered and I accepted $50.00.

It's no prize anyway, a few cents worth of Testors red tube will fix it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun May 08, 2022 7:57 pm

sosam117 wrote:Well, I got a full refund from the seller. ( the $116.00) [...] I'm bummed out now about not getting the kit (Life goes on!)
I am glad to hear that you got an equitable resolution, not preferred, but at least you didn't loose anything. And, it was good to hear that this seller made an honest mistake. So, settlement was quick, which is good.

Perhaps making friends with a reputable and reasonable laser cutter to provide you with at least a short kit may be a possible way to still make a Monarch? Or, perhaps you may find a similar kit or laser cut of say, a 72" Piece of Cake?

Anyway, glad to hear you weren't short shifted.

sosam117 wrote:My other favorite radio to use is the EK "Ranger" on 72.320 (Purple/White)
This radio is in good shape too as I use this until 2014 when I started to go to the 2.4 frequency and it was getting tough to get the radios tuned in every year?

seller's reply from Monarch 05  --- mistake? Ranger11

[...] Love those brick radios!
Wow, that is a really nice radio! And, love the brick setup!

About 5 years ago, I bought an Ace R/C Pulse Commander on 27 MHz with KRD quick blip throttle. Haven't done much since, but want to fully check it out and get it fully working. When I get a chance, will post photos. I really love flying single channel, it gives me a thrill that multi-channel flying does not give.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon May 09, 2022 6:46 am

Good to hear you got a refund even if not what you wanted , Hopefully another will come along in time . I am sure you know there are plans out there OZ and Aero Fred also have the plans . RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Mon May 09, 2022 7:28 am

getback wrote:Good to hear you got a refund even if not what you wanted , Hopefully another will come along in time . I am sure you know there are plans out there OZ and Aero Fred also have the plans . RC Plane

Yes, I know there are plans out there.
I have been building from plans for years. I was hoping to break away once in a while from taking days to make a kit from the plans and just open up a kit and start building.

You get burned out having to build from scratch each time.
I usually build old time planes like the Powerhouse, Playboy Sr., Brigadier, (Astro) Viking and most of them there are no kits for them just plans.

Though Bob Holman has semi-kit of some of them but currently he has medical problems and isn't cutting anything and Bob O'Rielly is not printing any more plans because his "OLD" printer broke down and can't get parts for it and it costs too much to purchase a new one for as little printing and profit he gets from each set of plans he prints.

And it's hard to find a guy that will laser cut just one (maybe two) parts from plans for a plane you want.
If you do, it will cost you an extreme amount of money for a "limited" run. I know because I looked into it.

Last edited by sosam117 on Mon May 09, 2022 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon May 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Thanks for the update, sosam117. Aerowerkes out of Farmington, NM made me a laser cut kit of an 18-in Scientific F6F Hellcat a little while back, was reasonable, but don't know if he's already done one of your Monarch kit.

Been a number of good faithfuls pass on. Then too, guess Covid affected a number of cottage shops that were doing stuff as such.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon May 09, 2022 4:39 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Thanks for the update, sosam117. Aerowerkes out of Farmington, NM made me a laser cut kit of an 18-in Scientific F6F Hellcat a little while back, was reasonable, but don't know if he's already done one of your Monarch kit.

Mmmm...Love me some Dave Cowell kits! GG, is yours the plastic turtledeck kit? I'd love to see pics. I discovered Dave's work on StuntHanger...someone was doing the Hellcat there. This had to be maybe eight-ten years ago. Yours?

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon May 09, 2022 5:02 pm

944_Jim wrote:Mmmm...Love me some Dave Cowell kits! GG, is yours the plastic turtledeck kit? I'd love to see pics. I discovered Dave's work on StuntHanger...someone was doing the Hellcat there. This had to be maybe eight-ten years ago. Yours?
Haven't done much with, but yes, the plastic tutledeck and Dave did a superb job of duplicating it. About only deviation by memory (shoot it was a birthday gift to an 11 yo some 57 years ago) was as I remember, cowl bulkhead was perfectly round like Musciano's earlier F4F Wilcat profile, not oval like on the AT6 Texan. But then, Scientific did substitutions to keep kit costs down, so perhaps there were cowl variants.

I reserved my Okay Cub / Comet .06R reed valve with plastic tank for it.

However, I am thinking about using a Babe Bee and move the .06R to my son's Ace R/C 42-in. Grasshopper. It is a torquer and want to try an APC 7x3 & 7x4, as these are in its power band.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down