Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Cox_ba12

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 1:04 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 12:44 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty
Live on Patrol

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio

Go down

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty (wanted) 2-3 channel radio

Post  jsesere Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:13 am

I need a complete and low cost 2-3 channel radio to put in a Cox Nissan. Used or a good deal on a new system.
Joe
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty Re: (wanted) 2-3 channel radio

Post  fredvon4 Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 am

Check out Cox International for this item

http://coxengines.ca/product.php?productid=455&cat=11&page=1

may not suit your needs but real low cost turn key set up for 2 Chanel

I have seen these at our local field and they work fine on the small electric home brew foam planes

Not sure how I would convert the ESC to a throttle control for a Glow engine
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:06 pm

You want a wheel or a stick radio Joe?
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Joe I have a Futaba Attack III. Used very very little. It has 2 futaba servo's battery pack receiver etc. It is a stick style car type radio. Purchased new in 1992 by me.

$15 plus shipping. Or we can trade for Cox parts if u wish. PM me if interested.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:56 pm

I have a Traxxas wheel style 3 channel radio that never got used. The third channel is a toggle switch. It's yours if you want it Joe. The reciever is probably to big to fit under either of the optional Nissan battery/reciever covers, but again, it's yours if you want it. You really need a micro reciever and mini servos to fit that radio setup on there, if you want to keep the batteries and reciever under cover.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Just a FYI

I got a New Specktrum DX5e off e-bay for $49 (2.4Mhz 5 channel) a Orange 6 channel RX from hobby King for $2.95, a satellite antenna board ( adds redundant antennas to the Orange RX ) from Kobby King for $11.99, many $2.95 to $5.89 5 and 9 gram servos from Cox international and/or hobby king/HobbyPartz and small 4.8 VDC NiMh batteries from Cox international. Well under $75 invested and many formerly CL small form factor airplanes now perform well with 3 and 4 channle RC control

There are off brands (Turnigy, Corona, FrSky, Assan, supermicro) available in the 3 to 7 channel 2.4Mhz TX and RX field and all are pretty good at what they are designed for.... I recommend sticking with spektrum aircraft 2.4Mhz stuff and clone (Orange brand) RXs (for price)

Off Hobby King (not my favorite supplier ofr import shipping reasons) you could source the entire system for under $50 easily

Example is a $22.95 2.4Mhz system

Key Features;
4-channel 2.4GHz transmitter with servo reversing.
Easy to use control for basic models.
Includes 6-channel receiver
Trainer system option.
This system does not need a PC to program servo direction.

Included;
1 x 2.4Ghz transmitter
1 x 2.4Ghz Receiver
1 x Bind Plug.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8338__Hobby_King_2_4Ghz_4Ch_Tx_Rx_V2_Mode_2_.html

Again I am not a big fan of Hobby King for shipping reasons only but I do sucumb to thier very low prices to satisfy the cheap charlie instinct
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty 2 to 3 channel radio

Post  happydad Wed May 30, 2012 11:30 pm

are you still looking for a radio for your nissan car? can you be more specific about what you want? for instance do you want a 2 channel 2 stick cox radio from old, 1 channel for direction and 1 channel for speed. or do you want a pistol grip type transmitter to hold in one hand and control speed with that hands index finger, and turn the "steering wheel" with the other hand? how much size is available inside the car for your radio, servos, and battery packs. do you want to use a servo to control a cylinder sleeve for "speed control" or is the car electric and you need an Electronic Speed Control instead of a second servo, they are usually larger with heatsink. i don't know how much you know or don't know, but the area available for the car receiver, servos, ESC, etc determines a lot about which radio syatem you can use. if your budget is unlimited, (i assume not), any new radio system is small enough. so basically how much space is available and is it gas or electric. there are a lot of cheap radio systems on 27MHz, 75MHz or 2.4GHz, (if you can afford it), that will fit your needs. the only other thing i would look at if the car was electric is how hot is the motor, how much current will the motor draw under maximum load. That determines the size and cost of the ESC. hope that helps. i am moving from 27/75MHz to 2.4GHz. i hate long floppy antennas. hope this helps.
p.s. looking back at the cox nissan i see it is a gas .049 car so i guess you would use 2 servos and a cox throttle sleeve or RC muffler to control speed. again space is precious. the servos need to be strong enough to control steering and throttle. not the cheap 4 gram superlight type.
happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty re: 2 - 3 channel car radio

Post  happydad Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:14 pm

jsesere wrote:I need a complete and low cost 2-3 channel radio to put in a Cox Nissan. Used or a good deal on a new system.
Joe

jsesere: did you ever find a car radio system to fit your needs??

happydad

Futaba Radio <<< moving on to 2.4GHz
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:17 pm

I did, but I can use another one.
Joe
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:30 pm

jsesere wrote:I did, but I can use another one.
Joe

I offered my Futaba Attack III to you a while back. It's still available Joe.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty re: 2 - 3 channel radio wanted

Post  happydad Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:54 am

jsesere wrote:I did, but I can use another one.
Joe

i hadn't read this thread in a while. if you still need a car radio let me know what you need. 2 or 3 channel, cheap, 27MHz, or what frequency, etc.?? i am selling all my non-2.4GHz car radios. happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:10 am

HD:

Caution you NOT to ditch all your non-2.4 gig radio gear. Other frequencies DO have their applications: boats, cars in particular. for example I run a Futaba two-channel set-up in a "Victoria" sailboat on 27 gigs.

Additionally such gear is very affordable. My Futaba "Attack" 27 gig cost $44 including two servos. I sail at various locations and have avoided complications be being observant of possible sources of "glitches" from other boaters.

If you really want to "fire sale" your old 2-3 non-2.4 gig channel gear I have a nice Dumas Chris-craft speed boat that needs a radio. What have you got and what price would you put on it?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

(wanted) 2-3 channel radio Empty re: 2 to 3 channel radios

Post  happydad Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 am

SuperDave wrote:HD:

Caution you NOT to ditch all your non-2.4 gig radio gear. Other frequencies DO have their applications: boats, cars in particular. for example I run a Futaba two-channel set-up in a "Victoria" sailboat on 27 gigs.

Additionally such gear is very affordable. My Futaba "Attack" 27 gig cost $44 including two servos. I sail at various locations and have avoided complications be being observant of possible sources of "glitches" from other boaters.

If you really want to "fire sale" your old 2-3 non-2.4 gig channel gear I have a nice Dumas Chris-craft speed boat that needs a radio. What have you got and what price would you put on it?

SuperDave: my philosophy is "tell me what you want a radio for and i'll tell you what i have that fits that need"
to me $44.00 for a 27MHz attack series radio is a lot of money. i try to help kids trying to get into the RC field, so i bid low on ebay and sell low to locals or friends. I have AM, FM and 1024 bit PCM for the people who want the data faster. a cheap 2 channel AM car/boat radio with 2 servos should sell for $15 to $20 + shipping. of course depending mostly on the type of servos needed. high torque servos for high speed gas engine cars may cost someone up to $40.00 each. i don't pay that much when a medium speed/torque servo can be purchased for $1 to $3 each and will work for most applications.
AA alkaline batteries versus rechargeable battery packs raise the prices as well. cost versus need is the most important thing to me. if i use a radio system every weekend i may purchase a rechargeable battery pack for the transmitter which can add $20.00 while AA alkalines cost $1.00 each. and so on and so on. i do my best to pass on my savings to those i sell to. on ebay it is usually an auction and the buyer sets the price. i cannot afford to start an auction at $.99 to draw more bidders. I MUST start at the cost of the items i am selling to avoid losses. then there are the non-paying buyers. let's not go there.
if i can help please PM me. i have 1 - wheel type car/boat transmitter and several pistol grip type car/boat transmitters on AM or FM and 27MHz or 75MHz. and many servos mostly medium size, medium torque type. micro servos are available on ebay as small as 3.7grams for less than $3.00 each from China in 10 to 14 days.

happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down