Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Passing of or Miss Kitty Cox_ba12

Passing of or Miss Kitty Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» audio-tach anyone?
by 944_Jim Today at 4:17 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Today at 12:18 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 10:22 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Today at 7:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Today at 6:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Passing of or Miss Kitty Empty
Live on Patrol

Passing of or Miss Kitty

Go down

Sad Passing of or Miss Kitty

Post  fredvon4 Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Passing of or Miss Kitty 20211212

Over  decade ago some insensitive assholes pitched Our Kitty out of a car window near Lampasas. Human Samaritan behind observed and stopped,  and took her to Lampasas Shelter. The Lampasas Shelter saw severe medical needs and transported to local  Vet Doc Brad Moyer who saver her but she still lost an eye.
Wife and I saw a Face Book post. I went to the shelter and offered to "rescue"/ Adopt this small Chihuahua. She was and integral part of our 4 dog family for over 10 years.
Last  night she passed in her sleep and we are obviously very sad. But we are both comforted by the knowledge she is with her other animals she knew in her life and will be waiting all her brothers, sisters and humans some day.  
An interesting fact, our rescued and badly abused Frenchie Gus and Kitty never got along, and we constantly had to save Kitty from his aggression.  Today as she lay silent, he was the first of our hounds to sniff her and then wander the house to her resting places. If I can understand dogs grief, I would have to say he is sad and dearly misses his sister.
Over the years we have rescued or acquired many dogs. As each crossed the rainbow bridge, we let the siblings sniff the dead dog. This after in our early years noticing that if a dog passed at the Vets office and we did not bring the carcass home, the other family dogs searched , moped and pouted for a time.
In our home our dogs are always cherished and treasured family members.
Thanks for all the prayers and very appreciated words of kindness. What a sad way to end 2022.
Kitty was loved and provided excellent Vet care By Doc Brad Moyer.  In her advanced age she developed the typical infirmities.  She was showing signs and I had intended to get Brad to see her today.  Well, we know I was too late in my decision and she passed naturally... This has me extremely saddled with terrible guilt feeling today.  Of course over the years this self doubt has happened too many times. So I will deal with my grief, pray for her soul (and mine).
Please Keep Gus, Thalia, Gaia ( our three Frenchie's) in your prayers, they too are grieving today
R.I.P. my dear Little Miss Kitty
Fred signing off
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Passing of or Miss Kitty

Post  Kim Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:17 pm

Totally There With You Fred.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:21 pm

Fred, I'm always touched by your stories regarding your pets, mainly because I can relate.

In sympathy,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Fred. I know well enough what it's like to lose a dog, they become such a part of the family.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:14 pm

My heart breaks for you, Fred. Please extend my sympathies to your wife. I know this hurts.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:31 pm

Sorry Bud, I feel bad for you. There is no replacement for a lost loved one however there are many loved ones out there that need a good home.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:44 pm

My most sincere condolences at the loss off your dear doggy. Your entire family is in my prayers.. and especially for you Fred. You saved Miss Kitty several times during her life.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Sad 1-1 2023

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:32 pm

A new year and new beginning and A sincere thanks to all my CEF friends...

You should know I am resisting with every ounce of fiber to NOT drive to the local shelter and bond with the first Chihuahua I know is there... Thus I contacted the shelter, (they know wife and I) and I insisted they focus on all the chihuahuas there to adopt out ON MY donation of all fees and first years veterinary bills.

Gus my Very badly abused Male 35 lb French bulldog male is approaching 11 years onled and starting to show the typical infirmities of this screwed up designed breed. I am resigned to acknowledge 2023 is his last...sad but inevitable...so dear friend some time this year you will again comfort me with your kind words and prayers

When we retired west of fort Hood, wife and I promised the kids we could now have "pets" and from 1994 to present about 13 critters have been rescued, breeder bought, fostered, and in a few cases just showed up and we welcomed in , never to find their true owner.

Reine and I were blessed with successful enlisted careers and follow on Defense Department jobs that were fairly lucrative in so much as we were able to save and invest a large proportion of the second career income.

Funny were are dead in the middle of middle class with under 100K per year incomes and the requisite taxes...

But we did choose well in our meager property and life style.

Despite this, an annoying amount of folks try to shame us for being "RICH" and demonstrating a lot of animosity that we can enjoy the ability to share and give back... very curious behavior in my mind BUT it really is just their own admission they they failed to take advantage to the freedoms that define America.

Hopefully some of our younger CEF members will see this

Renie and I never saved a dime in our 20+ years of enlisted active duty. Really did live pay check to pay check

Because we hosed our future, we counseled both out children (now in there 40s) to save every week or month as the pay came in...3 % or 15% what ever you can comfortable live without and never touch...We assured each that Whatever life changing disaster arises we would cover it BUT please do not use your savings for trivial [bleep] or junk. ( Both nearly (at age 40ish) have nearly 1 million in investments) ((very proud they took our advice))

Some are wondering what the hell is Fred yammering on about , I thought this was about dogs

In a way I am tying in choices that eventually provide the ability to be a Samaritan and NOT go broke being a good hearted person. Our ability to foster, rescue, home and love for Gods creatures is only possible BECAUSE we planned and saved enabling enough resources to live comfortably AND help our community.

Some may know I am a Believer in my God and Jesus Christ...BUT I also truly believe in Karma

I tend to think most all I have met here on CEF....are on the plus side of the Karma ledger...

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down