Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Cox_ba12

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:49 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 7:20 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Empty
Live on Patrol

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023-

Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Empty *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023-

Post  Admin Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:59 pm

submit the next
Happy New Year COX ENGINE of the MONTH! Happy New Year
   and have a chance to win a Black Lynx .049 Engine from Ex Model Engines!
   CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
   *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Lynxbi12

Notice: Remember, the rules have been updated effective September 2022!  Affraid or WOW!

Rules: You may post *one (1) picture of an engine or a group of engines that are alike (for example: a collection of Space Bug Jr.s that feature each color tank). The engine must be a Cox engine, it can be stock or parts built. Cox engines using aftermarket or handmade parts and multi-cylinder engines are allowed as long as they feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s). Although proof isn't required, engines that are built using aftermarket or handmade parts have to be able to run. A good example of a non-running homemade engine that wouldn't qualify for this contest is found HERE. Disassembled engines are allowed as long as all parts are visible and the engine is in running condition when assembled. We ask that you wait a minimum of two months before resubmitting a photo that was featured in last-month's Cox Engine of the Month poll. Photos that have previously been chosen as Cox Engine of the Month since the inception of the contest may not be re-submitted, however an engine featured may be rephotographed.

If you are unsure whether your picture qualifies, feel free to contact the administrator with questions.

* You may post multiple "pictures" as long as they are all joined together in one picture. (This is done in image editing software before uploading)

MAIN POINTS
•One picture
•Picture shall be of one engine or engines that are alike (a Babe Bee and a Tee Dee .049 together would NOT qualify)
•Must be a Cox Engine
•Engines using aftermarket or handmade parts must feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s)
•Engine must be able to run
•Picture must not have been featured in last-month's poll (you may re-submit that picture next month).
•Picture must not have won as Cox Engine of the Month in the past

Optional Caption
Along with your picture you may include a caption that describes or explains the picture. The caption should include the name and displacement of the engine. The length of the caption shall be reasonable and not too long. Captions are subject to minor editing by the administrator. If no caption/description is provided, one will be made for it.

After 5 days, the first 10 pictures will be moved to another topic to be voted on by other members. Only active members may vote. The winner will have their engine displayed on the sidebar of the forum and forever listed on the past winners page.

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with! Good Luck!

Small Cox Logo BE SURE TO READ THE RULES   Fireworks

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Empty Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023-

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:12 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 20210125

Last edited by fredvon4 on Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Empty Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023-

Post  cstatman Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:26 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Img_4510
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:33 pm

Tee Dee .020 RC

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Imag7941

Happy New Year Fireworks Rudolph Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Empty Cox Tee Dee .010

Post  rdw777 Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:13 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 65a17b10
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Empty A Pee Wee 020 from Happydad

Post  sosam117 Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:28 am

Traded Happydad a Cox Thimble Drone 049 for his Pee Wee 020
Happydad said it wouldn't run right but didn't have time to see why?

This one is for him:  Beer Cheers
My best Cox engine  ----ever----

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Happyd16
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Pee_we30
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:16 am

Small Cox Logo Pee Wee .020 r/c (with helicopter plate)

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- Dsc02112

You can see it in action here:

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:39 am

My flying buddy, Larry with his Cox .049 powered Guillows B-17.  What an incredible sound to hear all four of them "turnin' and burnin'"!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 2018-042
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:37 pm

"A Quiet Zone Bee, Beeing Quiet"

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 1_1105
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:48 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:My flying buddy, Larry with his Cox .049 powered Guillows B-17.  What an incredible sound to hear all four of them "turnin' and burnin'"!

Can we get a close-up of an engine?  Nice plane, but that's not what the competition is about.   Thumbs Up
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:25 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:
modelbuilder49 wrote:My flying buddy, Larry with his Cox .049 powered Guillows B-17.  What an incredible sound to hear all four of them "turnin' and burnin'"!

Can we get a close-up of an engine?  Nice plane, but that's not what the competition is about.   Thumbs Up

I'm guessing it's U/control. ----- So cool!
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:46 am

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 16727510
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:17 am

I like the picture, looks like it was a fun day, but yes, unfortunately, we need a better picture showcasing the engine(s).

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:59 pm

Yep! It's control line! Regrettably, I didn't think to take a close up  Shocked !  But if these are unacceptable, please feel free to delete them ... there's always next month!!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 2018-043
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:10 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:Yep!  It's control line!  Regrettably, I didn't think to take a close up  Shocked !  But if these are unacceptable, please feel free to delete them ... there's always next month!!

I think this photo is more acceptable as we can see more of the engines (all four of them) over the photo taken from the tail view.
Besides, how can you get a close up of 4 engines like this?
Maybe crop the photo a little bit more to reduce the other stuff in the photo?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:08 pm

Unless I miscounted, It looks like we could use one more!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:32 pm

Admin wrote:Unless I miscounted, It looks like we could use one more!

Surestart sure-stopped!!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 100_1610
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:39 pm

Nice, I'll get the poll going!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:47 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:Yep!  It's control line!  Regrettably, I didn't think to take a close up  Shocked !  But if these are unacceptable, please feel free to delete them ... there's always next month!!
Jim, perhaps a little late, but here's a few ideas on photo editing, particularly cropping.
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 2023-015
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 2023-017

If it is slightly out of focus, think of it as a form of art. I Love This Forum!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:38 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
modelbuilder49 wrote:

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -January 2023- 2023-017

If it is slightly out of focus, think of it as a form of art. I Love This Forum!

Howdy!  Thanks, that's a neat piece of cropping you did and I appreciate it  Hand Shake .  Now I know you're gonna' think me silly but, honestly, I never thought of doing this  Very Happy .
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:10 pm

and cropping the original will give much better results than obtained cropping the posted photos as the original has lots more pixels/resolution to crop and zoom asgainst, therefore it doentnt have to start doing horrbile math based zooming as early in the process. Once pixels are gone, by resizing the image. They are gone, as far as being original. By the way, as I was looking at the photos you have left a lot of detail in the photos. It may not bother you but I remove it in my photots. Stuff like device used to take the photo, time lat, long, alt........... where and when photos was taken.

In windows file explorer you can remove it via a right click on the image -> Properties -> Details -> Remove Properties and Personnel Information -> Remove Properties Dialog Box -> follow your nose from here. You can remove most personnel info that the big camera companies, Web Search Engine Owners think is so needed. Not that they would ever use it for data matching as that would be wrong. You can also get software utils to do it. The same happens with all documents you create on your PC especially on Windows and especially using Office tools from a very big monopolistic provider of office type software.

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:06 pm

Yabby wrote:and cropping the original will give much better results than obtained cropping the posted photos as the original has lots more pixels/resolution to crop and zoom against, therefore it doesn't have to start doing horrible math based zooming as early in the process. Once pixels are gone, by resizing the image. They are gone, as far as being original.
You got that right, Yabby. Mordern digital cameras and cellphones take high density pixel photos. For the sake of storage on the internet, for Internet viewing and to keep storage costs reasonable, resolution is reduced from megapixels to 1,024 width max. By the time I cropped the photos, width was less than 600 pixels. In the photo editor, I increased it to 800. It uses its mathematical interpretation to help fill in the gaps between the greater distanced pixels, which results in a softer, semi-out-of-focus appearance.

Yabby wrote:By the way, as I was looking at the photos you have left a lot of detail in the photos. It may not bother you but I remove it in my photos. Stuff like device used to take the photo, time lat, long, alt........... where and when photos was taken.
This may not be required if one does a window of where cropping boundaries are, then copy the window and paste it as a new image. At least in GIMP, it does not retain the camera photo-metrics. It does leave a notation that I used GIMP as the editor, which as you point out, is easily removed by editing the properties. The other information such as the camera F-stop, shutter speed, camera make and type, lens used, etc. are no longer reported.

Yabby wrote:You can remove most personnel info that the big camera companies, Web Search Engine Owners think is so needed. Not that they would ever use it for data matching as that would be wrong. You can also get software utils to do it. The same happens with all documents you create on your PC especially on Windows and especially using Office tools from a very big monopolistic provider of office type software.
Yup, good topic for the Redneck Zone to discuss during those cold late Winter / early Spring moments (for those down under during our "Summers" Very Happy ) where global warming has locked everyone in their homes by the freezing deep snow and ice, awaiting city officials to clear the roads and bridges, awaiting weather warm up so electric car batteries can successfully be charged outside. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:00 pm

I would love to join the "redneck Zone" but I worry that my masters who manage my Defence clearance level may not be as enthusiastic about my sharing views in such a forum. Lol.

I will just keep to the mainstream forums on CEF. Thumbs Up lol!

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:51 am

I normally don't allow engines that are hidden too much by a cowl (or in this case "cowls"), but I'll allow it this time. Just saying this in case I tell someone to use a different picture in the future due to an engine that is a bit too hidden under a cowl.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:24 am

Bump
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down