Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Cox_ba12

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by layback209 Today at 11:48 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 8:12 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by roddie Today at 6:51 pm

» Post your Older ignition books
by lla Today at 6:34 pm

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Today at 8:40 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:54 am

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by getback Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Today at 2:31 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Hemostat clamp/smooth-jaws
by roddie Yesterday at 3:48 pm

» Black Widow Run time
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:44 pm

» 1:64 scale Diecast (Hot Wheels)
by roddie Yesterday at 3:33 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty
Live on Patrol

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023-

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023-

Post  Admin Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:19 pm

submit the next
     Cool      COX ENGINE of the MONTH!     Cool    
   and have a chance to win a Black Lynx .049 Engine from Ex Model Engines!
   CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
   *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Lynxbi12

Notice: Remember, the rules have been updated effective September 2022!  Affraid or WOW!

Rules: You may post *one (1) picture of an engine or a group of engines that are alike (for example: a collection of Space Bug Jr.s that feature each color tank). The engine must be a Cox engine, it can be stock or parts built. Cox engines using aftermarket or handmade parts and multi-cylinder engines are allowed as long as they feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s). Although proof isn't required, engines that are built using aftermarket or handmade parts have to be able to run. A good example of a non-running homemade engine that wouldn't qualify for this contest is found HERE. Disassembled engines are allowed as long as all parts are visible and the engine is in running condition when assembled. We ask that you wait a minimum of two months before resubmitting a photo that was featured in last-month's Cox Engine of the Month poll. Photos that have previously been chosen as Cox Engine of the Month since the inception of the contest may not be re-submitted, however an engine featured may be rephotographed.

If you are unsure whether your picture qualifies, feel free to contact the administrator with questions.

* You may post multiple "pictures" as long as they are all joined together in one picture. (This is done in image editing software before uploading)

MAIN POINTS
•One picture
•Picture shall be of one engine or engines that are alike (a Babe Bee and a Tee Dee .049 together would NOT qualify)
•Must be a Cox Engine
•Engines using aftermarket or handmade parts must feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s)
•Engine must be able to run
•Picture must not have been featured in last-month's poll (you may re-submit that picture next month).
•Picture must not have won as Cox Engine of the Month in the past

Optional Caption
Along with your picture you may include a caption that describes or explains the picture. The caption should include the name and displacement of the engine. The length of the caption shall be reasonable and not too long. Captions are subject to minor editing by the administrator. If no caption/description is provided, one will be made for it.

After 5 days, the first 10 pictures will be moved to another topic to be voted on by other members. Only active members may vote. The winner will have their engine displayed on the sidebar of the forum and forever listed on the past winners page.

Looking forward to see what you guys come up with! Good Luck!

Small Cox Logo BE SURE TO READ THE RULES       Easter Bunny    

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty Cox .049 Rat Rod pusher

Post  Basswood Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:26 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- 20230410
Basswood
Basswood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023-

Post  fredvon4 Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:29 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Cox_cu14
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty Re: *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023-

Post  Kim Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:40 pm

"Bernie's Parts Motor"

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- 105_18
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:54 pm

(hube puesto la foto en la basura así que otro puede ganar el premio. I have trashed my photo so another can win the prize. Very Happy )

Last edited by GallopingGhostler on Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Give another a chance at the prize.)
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty Cox/Sanwa .051 Engines Purchased from Japan

Post  sosam117 Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:41 am

Cox/Sanwa .051 Engines Purchased from Japan Auction site.
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Cox_sa18
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:44 am

”Barn fresh 190”

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- F0a6ae10
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:17 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Img_5111
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:21 pm

Kid's Dream: "Cox .049 Babe Bee"
*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- 20230410
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:49 pm

Cox Tee Dee .051 FIREcrack'n

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Imag8630
Small Cox Logo  Thumbs Up  Fireworks

Last edited by 1/2A Nut on Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty Bent Cylinder PeeWee .020 - “Ole Benny”

Post  rdw777 Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:51 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- 21713210
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty Killer Wasp?

Post  cmulder Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:47 pm

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Dscf7530

Killer ish bee in at6 to hopefully have a better exuse for the "racing stripes"
11th pic so outside competition because of "reasons" Wink
cmulder
cmulder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:08 pm

Vote... Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:43 pm

cmulder wrote:*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Dscf7530

Killer ish bee in at6 to hopefully have a better exuse for the "racing stripes"  11th pic so outside competition because of "reasons" Wink
Have at it Charles, I deleted my entry to give you a chance. Very Happy Long live Texas! lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:14 am

cmulder wrote:*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Dscf7530

Remember, this is an "Engine" competition.  We need to see the engine please.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:31 am

Oldenginerod wrote:

Remember, this is an "Engine" competition.  We need to see the engine please.

I agree. That’s a nice picture, however we really need to see more of the engine.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:23 am

Just when I thought it has to be hard looking for new ways of displaying these engines, you guys come along and knock it out of the park!

It is going to be tough to select one this go-around.

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty "reasons"

Post  cmulder Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:51 pm

Few points that hopefuly explain my side.
"reasons" ; The way i understand the rules is that previous winners have to wait some time before being allouwd to enter the comptition again.
So waiting to be the 11th picture makes sure the picture is not a valid entry.

The "how much of a engine must be visable" question does raise a interesting point that is not clearly defined in the rules.
There are rules about all the parts of a disassembled engine but not(?) any refering to a complete engine.
When mounted in a model its quite common view of part of the engine is blocked by parts of the model.
Is this something that needs to be defined so people know what pictures are valid to enter and what not?

For the record ; i assume everyone accepts this engine and model are made out of original cox parts and the only "non cox" parts are the prop and the rubber bands.
On that subject; what are the rules regarding the "current production" replica parts like the new crankcases; are they a valid entry?

thoughts?
cmulder
cmulder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:57 pm

Not a problem Charles, thanks for clarification. Therefore so the contest this month can proceed promptly, here is the photo I originally entered:

[url=https://servimg.com/view/20463273/312]*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- 2023-081
Cox .15 Sportsman (*El Deportista)

* El Deportista (the Sportsman) is how it is translated in Spanish.

This Site Rocks! I Love This Forum! lol!

Last edited by GallopingGhostler on Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer correction)
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:29 pm

Additional comment Charles, and others can correct me. Very Happy
Admin wrote:The engine must be a Cox engine, it can be stock or parts built. Cox engines using aftermarket or handmade parts and multi-cylinder engines are allowed as long as they feature Cox made crankcase(s) and cylinder(s).
Huh... I would think that the latest Cox International produced crankcases would comply, because for one, Bernie's company now is the "official" Cox company. He has retained the rights to use the official Cox name. They are a direct copy of the originals from factory drawings, except instead of being extruded they are CNC machined. They for all tense and purposes look like, use the same metallurgy and perform exactly like the original, ditto with his recent reproduced cylinders. And, they are originally from him. Smile

However it is up to Admin to make that final call. Very Happy

On the photo, if you were to include a close up photo superimposed on your photo of the whole engine exposed by removing a part of the cowling or unbolted, etc. would work. I have done this in the past.
Admin wrote:We ask that you wait a minimum of two months before resubmitting a photo that was featured in last-month's Cox Engine of the Month poll. Photos that have previously been chosen as Cox Engine of the Month since the inception of the contest may not be re-submitted, however an engine featured may be rephotographed.
What I Meant To Say I read that as a non-winning engine photo can be resubmitted after a 2 month time-out. If photo was a monthly winner, then it is retired permanently from the contest. However you can take a new photo and submit that.

Feedback Please Anyone? lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:08 pm

Well, if my entry is in violation of the spirit of the rules, I will gladly retract it.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:20 pm

Kim absolutely not...the photo I see is an entire cox engine and slinging oil...very good on topic entry

I have a few pet peeves on CEOM
First the Contest is all about COX engines...most entries adhere. Cool
Second, I despise al the chit chat BS about any entry...Hey If you need to know anything about a particular entry START a NEW topic and ask you question.

IMO this, Every 1st of the month topic, should only have ever receive 10 posts( COX engine photos) before admin acknowledged we have enough, and voting poll will follow

Grumpy Old guy out
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:33 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Second, I despise al the chit chat BS about any entry...Hey If you need to know anything about a particular entry START a NEW topic and ask you question. IMO this, Every 1st of the month topic, should only have ever receive 10 posts( COX engine photos) before admin acknowledged we have enough, and voting poll will follow
Isn't once Jason picks the first 10 entries that complies with contest rules, then his following VOTE on the CEOTM be accorded to your suggestion here? (bumps and post congrats discussions excepted). Surprised And in this thread, as long as on topic, a proposed posted photo entry allows a certain amount of discussion pertaining to the contest? Especially, when it regards rules clarifications, so that in future contests, all are in sync with the submission? Wink

Apparently the rules are not fully clear in a few of the poster's minds, plus the rules were recently modified clarify photos previously used. Was my post considered as chit chat BS? Embarassed

And @Kim, I believe that your engine photo is more than appropriate, like Fred said I still see a Cox with an original crankcase. Thumbs Up  Do not delete it, let Jacob make that final call. He has been more than fair on other calls. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:51 pm

Come on George the First post every moth is very clear ..this is a ENGINE of the MONTH contest with a prize. Maybe. Many of us present pictures with or with out adornment or themes, like Christmas or what ever. Then there are many photos where the engine is NOT the subject of the picture. I prefer the Admin to note this and ask for a more suitable photo...Then there is (too many times) yack Yak about a particular entry and where did you find this or that glow head, venturi or what ever... Most egregious IMO are the Yak Yak posts about how cool that entry is

COX Engine of the Month has been running over a decade. If any one ever has a concern with the stated RULES Then please start a new topic and ask the Admin to clarify

I am serious This topic should ONLY every have 10 entries and at most one or two more from THE ADMIN to request a more topic centric photo or for some who cant read..(like me a few times) please select ONE of the 2~8 photos as the Monthly Entry....hint hint
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

*Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -April 2023- Empty a potentional simple solution

Post  cmulder Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:55 pm

IF the rule is that the "whole engine" should be visable then even mounting a prop would rule that picture out.
(The prop blocks the view of the prop drive plate.)

I think that with 10 entrance places there is enough choice for the picture you like most.
And then if you think the picture does not meet the rules then do not vote for it?
Likely there will be another choice you do like.

cmulder
cmulder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next