Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers Cox_ba12

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers Empty
Live on Patrol

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers

Go down

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers Empty Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers

Post  Ken Cook Mon May 08, 2023 4:38 am

I recently purchased two Master Airscrew 3 bladers. Upon receiving them, I was very suspect as they didn't look like what was pictured on the website. I sent them a e-mail inquiring if this indeed is the correct prop for nitro use as it's blades appeared very thin. I received confirmation that these were correct. The blades are not only thin but extremely narrow and they have a lot of under camber. I got out yesterday and I used my F-82 twin as a test bed for these props. My newest P-38 doesn't offer enough ground clearance with standard props. I should've lengthened the gear but I didn't. Lesson learned once again, don't follow the plans.

The prop comes with 6 different bushings which I think is extremely silly. A perfect example of fix it until it's broke. If one needs a larger hole, open it up. It's worked like this for years. Now when you take the prop off you lose the poorly fitting bushing which probably has the prop running out of true anyway. The props were terrible. Absolutely no drive at all. Maybe good for a beginner, but they should've had a twin hauling the mail. It was quite disappointing. As a example, when I put the Cox 5x3 gray props back on the plane, one engine running offered more performance than two of the 3 bladers running. It reminded me of using the APC 6x2 on a Cox engine. Just a airbeater is all they were. I may have to cut off my landing gear on the P-38 and lengthen it or just completely do away with it.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers Empty Re: Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon May 08, 2023 9:40 am

Ken this is interesting. Then, the Cox legacy 3 bladed 5x3 prop was more optimal. AFAIK, it was used on the Cox RTF CL warbirds of the 1960's at least, powered by the predecessor dual bypass port SPI cylinder engines to the Black Widow, used on heavier plastic planes like my 1964 Spitfire. I also remember Testors/Wenmac 3 bladed prop used on their RTF Corsair. It was fat bladed, but seemed to provide decent thrust.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers Empty Re: Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers

Post  rsv1cox Mon May 08, 2023 10:41 am

As a example, when I put the Cox 5x3 gray props back on the plane, one engine running offered more performance than two of the 3 bladers running.

Got to try them myself on my P-38 Ken.  Went to their website and ordered two 5/3's more for looks than anything else.  

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers 3b_tra10

I haven't run-up the old girl for years, will give me incentive to pull her down and check them out.

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers P1015357

But, I have to admit, I ran it more with the 5/3 grays than with anything else.

Master Airscrew 3 blade tractor propellers P-38_o25
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 am

I used the 5x3 3 bladed Master Airscrews first on my 049 TeeDees. They hold the engine rpm way below the range where the Tee Dees are happiest and provide max output. No wonder the thrust was not as expected. The stock 3 bladed COX 5x3 is a better choice

Then I mounted it on one of my TeeDee09-s but it was outperformed by any 7x4 two bladed prop.

They look sharp but will not provide optimum performance with 049 or 09 size TeeDees, IMHO.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down