Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Cox_ba12

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Empty
Live on Patrol

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine

Go down

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Empty roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine

Post  rsv1cox Tue May 30, 2023 6:21 pm

One of my favorite models.  Big write up with photos.

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine P1015487
roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine P1015485
roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine P1015486
roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine P1015488

Also news on Reno Air Racing.  Best magazine for aviation guys like us.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Empty Re: roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine

Post  crankbndr Wed May 31, 2023 6:12 am

I read this is the last year for Reno, have not heard of new site.

https://airrace.org

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Screen76
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Empty Re: roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine

Post  roddie Wed May 31, 2023 11:49 am

Cool Stuff Robert! Thumbs Up

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine 5-3-1415

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine 20230122
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed May 31, 2023 3:50 pm

Beautiful as always roddie…. A CEF classic… Admire your “Artsy “ on that one Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed May 31, 2023 6:21 pm

Always liked the Rare Bear!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:42 pm

rdw777 wrote:Beautiful as always roddie…. A CEF classic… Admire your “Artsy “ on that one Very Happy

Thanks Rob! My earlier version used a plastic spinner-cone from my Cox Cosmic Wind model. It resembled the full-scale spinner shape.. and looked decent with the bullet-nose cowling that I'd come up with. The Cox spinner was molded in "red".. as was the Cosmic Winds' main-airframe.. so I needed to paint it.. and "white" was chosen.

Cosmic Wind reference-photo of my Cox model's vintage.. circa 1986. I would not buy it "new" for a few years later.. at a department store.

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine 1-cosm11

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Cosmic13

The RTF/U-Control Cosmic wind was originally a Testors model. If I've learned anything about this model.. I believe that Testors made a slightly larger model, powered by their FRV .049 engines.. before offering a smaller (Fly'em?) version.. for their .049 product (reed-valve) engines. This smaller version was licensed to Cox at some point.. with minor changes to facilitate Cox's .049 product (reed-valve) engine.

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine Props-10

roddie's "Rare Bear" celebrated in the June issue of Air Classics Magazine 3-26-110
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:33 pm

Cool to be able to talk about designing a subject model for which there are no drawings in the scale I was looking to build. That would be for the 1st annual (2013) CEF C/L Reed Speed contest. It was my 1st year here in the forum.. and member "jpVelo" (Jim Roselle) 1st pitched the idea to the forum. Control Line 1/2A Profi/Proto scale speed size (rules apply) pretty much mirroring the then-current (2013) AMA rules. You gotta' build a (stand-off) scale model of a real aircraft. Many of us chose to model current and past "full-size" RENO RACERS.. actual pylon racing airplanes.. just for the spirit of it.

There weren't any kits for the type of airplane that you needed to compete with.. One thing was certain. It needed to be a small ship.. in proportion to engine displacement.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down