Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" Cox_ba12

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 8:35 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 7:47 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" Empty
Live on Patrol

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly"

Go down

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" Empty "Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly"

Post  Kim Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:20 am

From My Facebook Page:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, the Breezy Hill Flyers held their monthly club meeting at the field Wednesday evening, with several Flyers showing up early to put in some flights before the meeting got started.

What happened next was an intensely concentrated flying session, with the Flyers touching on all the major types of model flying; Free Flight, Control Line, and Radio Control.

Seemed like we ALL had "the fever" to get something flying, and the hour and a half before the meeting was full of buzzing electrics and screaming Babe Bees converting 25% fuel into racket (actually, I think the meeting was held off a bit to let the flying settle down!).

Billy did some test/trimming flights on his rubber band powered De Havilland "Beaver". He got some slight damage from a rough landing, but still put in another great flight, with the Canadian utility plane circling the mat, and ending with a successful landing.

Then the "Bee-Tweens" came out to play! These are two-channel, low wing models, powered by Cox Babe Bee's, and both were built by Billy. Leo got his going with a VERY healthy Babe Bee making it really scoot across the field, while Billy's had a decidedly more "sedate" attitude toward aviating, taking its own good time as it circled the hill.

President Brian had his "Stick", formerly owned by the late, great Darryl Wilson, and was punching through the air with its usual high-performance flying.

New member Robert Medlin arrived with his Cub and quickly got into flying it with some instruction from Billy, but mostly on his own.
Welcome Robert!!!!

Then, Doris arrived with grandkids Ava and Justin, who both got some control line flying time with the little .049-powered Ringmaster that Leo had brought.

I had the Pietenpol I got from Kevin Wilfong at this year's S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In...all decked out with its selfie stick GoPros...and am confident that I might, one day, land the little plane without nosing it over...

After the meeting, there was still enough summer daylight left, and the calm air was again filled with miniature flying machines.

Ava and Justin both got some Radio Control training flights with the Cub, and both did great at flying the little model. Along with Billy, they ALSO put in some Free Flight time, using a couple sheet-balsa gliders..."Flying is Flying"!

I'd only taken my still camera and a couple GoPro's, so the only video I shot was from these on "selfie sticks" attached to the little Pietenpol.

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 300_23
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 305_11
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 306_11

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 0_044
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 310_14
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 312_11

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 351_11
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 354_10

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 508_11

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 94_11
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 100_49
"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 110_24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYH0crk0Sws

Last edited by Kim on Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" Empty Re: "Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly"

Post  rdw777 Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:26 pm

Nice to have the flying too busy to stop and have the meeting!…. And that all three,
RC, FF, and CL were represented…. Nice exposure for the kids that were there….The launch photo of the Beaver is cool…. Looks like it has a hand carved prop too Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:05 am

Now that's a club meeting there fling before and after Very Happy All ya'll needed was a bowel of chili RC Plane The little Pietenpol looks good and seems to fly well , good old floater ! Thumbs Up Glad the kids got in there and had a good time . Thanks Kim RC Plane sunny
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:07 am

getback wrote:Now that's a club meeting there fling before and after Very Happy  All ya'll needed was a bowel of chili RC Plane The little Pietenpol looks good and seems to fly well , good old floater ! Thumbs Up  Glad the kids got in there and had a good time . Thanks Kim  RC Plane sunny

Thanks Eric!

We're really hoping Justin and Ava stay interested in the hobby, and are gonna offer flight training as long as want to participate.

Yeah, the Piet glides like a sailplane, and to help slow it down, Billy is gonna build me a Model "A" engine and radiator to attach to it's cowling!  He's also carving some pilots for it!  My biggest problem right now is getting it slow enough on touch down to prevent it from "seal walking" and ending up on its nose.  My rudder thumb is just not fast enough, so my next move is to cut down the throw (it's got PLENTY), and maybe stay off the rudder once it's rolling out.  We will see.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:50 am

Billy is gonna build me a Model "A" engine and radiator to attach to it's cowling! ?? This engine >                                                                                          
  Or this >>> "Club Meeting Turned Fun-Fly" 70631510
lol! lol! ?? I am sure you will get the landing sorted out .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: