Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I had to run outdoors and look up.. Cox_ba12

I had to run outdoors and look up.. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Today at 11:36 am

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 10:48 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by getback Today at 9:55 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I had to run outdoors and look up.. Empty
Live on Patrol

I had to run outdoors and look up..

Go down

I had to run outdoors and look up.. Empty I had to run outdoors and look up..

Post  roddie Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:05 pm

Last night early evening I'm sitting on the couch.. and begin to hear/feel a vibration. too many seconds would go by before I jumped up to look out the front-door and up into the night sky. I was too late. It was definitely the sound of multi's (turbo-props) flying really low; 1500 feet to take a guess. There's an Air National Guard station approx. 2 mi. from my location; "as the crow flies".. but I'm unsure if there's an airstrip there. OTOH.. there's North Central Airport in Lincoln, RI which is approx 8-10 mi. away with a RI National Guard station nearby.

North Central RI State Airport

Whatever........ Given the current state of affairs in the world; it got my attention.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

I had to run outdoors and look up.. Empty Re: I had to run outdoors and look up..

Post  NEW222 Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:40 pm

Did you happen to go for a drive and see if you could see the offending aircraft?
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

I had to run outdoors and look up.. Empty Re: I had to run outdoors and look up..

Post  rsv1cox Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:43 pm

It's a thrill everytime I see the C-17 fly low over my house. I must be on the training flight track as it happens almost monthly.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:12 pm

NEW222 wrote:Did you happen to go for a drive and see if you could see the offending aircraft?

Hi Chancy! No.. I was settled-in for the night but I naturally would have loved to see what it was.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:34 pm

The airbase close to me is usually active year round, plenty of fighter noise. Lately it's been eerily quiet.
My gun range is about a quarter mile south of the runway. Cool to watch. Of course we shoot to the south, towards the nuke plant.LOL
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:19 pm

My house is in line for flyovers at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, Target Field, etc, so I hear and see flyovers fairly often. C-130s, fighter jets in formation, biplanes, planes pulling banners, Black Hawks...

I'm also in line for military aircraft going between Camp Ripley and MSP airport.

Some time back, we had a helicopter chasing a small plane flying around in circles. I could only guess they were filming something for a movie or show.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:06 pm

roddie wrote:....... Given the current state of affairs in the world; it got my attention.

Well I wonder if my son is currently rethinking joining the RAAF.  Just been through about 10 weeks of basic training.  Now posted to a base (ground movements) 20 minutes down the road from where he's living. Great that he doesn't have to uproot the family.  Been getting familiarised with loading/unloading C17 & C130s.
We drove up to Wagga Wagga in New South Wales (a day's drive) where he trained a couple of weeks ago for the graduation ceremony.  Never knew the boy had rhythm but he managed all the marching steps really well.  Full parade with arms, swords, band, flyover etc. He's received special commendation for his attention to detail.  Got to meet the Governor General (Sort of like a President, above the Prime Minister).
Managed to win the marksmanship award.  First time he's ever held a rifle apart from my air rifle when he was a kid.  First attempt on the range, five rounds, one hole.  Surprised everyone!
I had to run outdoors and look up.. Gradua10
I had to run outdoors and look up.. Img_2093
I had to run outdoors and look up.. Img_2094
Hoping that we don't end up deploying overseas.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:45 am

That's Great Rod , good to hear he is doing so good in the arm forces , I think everybody is a lot concerned with the situation at hand . Bang! that is excellent shooting you should bee proud .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:20 am

I’m sure your proud of him Rod , I don’t even know him and I’m proud of him Very Happy
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:16 pm

akjgardner wrote:I’m sure your proud of him Rod , I don’t even know him and I’m proud of him Very Happy

Yes, proud but surprised.  The discipline that Fletch will have to show now is a complete reversal to a couple of years ago.  Left home at 19, living on the road in his van,  Surfing, snowboarding, long dreadlocks, unwashed, answering to no-one, trusting no-one, just cruising!
Now he's got a family to look after so the attitude has changed.  He needs to put in 6 years, when he plans to leave with enough income to buy a house.  I hope he's factored in that at some point the government might call on him to actually be involved in a world conflict Affraid or WOW!

Back to Roddies original comments, I can't listen to an aircraft going over without racing outside and looking up.  I grew up a couple of hundred yards from a parachute drop-zone.  Planes overhead were constant.  Loved every minute of it.  I still can't resist a look Airplane
Interestingly, Fletch has never shown much interest in planes, and now he's got to work with them.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum