Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac Cox_ba12

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 5:27 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by getback Today at 3:25 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Today at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Yesterday at 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac Empty
Live on Patrol

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac

Go down

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac Empty OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac

Post  cstatman Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:58 pm

from the "i need to stop buying these" bin....

I got an OK Cub .049 running on prime. I didnt want to clean the tank out after, so just prime

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8dumoimKhZw?si=2Qv0BQGO-Oa4it5Z

AND - im looking for a source for WenMac spray bars and needle valves, I need about 3.
I SHOULD have just boxed all the wenMac up and shipped it to RSVBob, but he keeps mumbling about not wanting more projects... Smile Smile

Any leads on Wen Mac parts?

or a crank for an Atwood 049

or piston/rod for Anderson Spitzys?

UGH!!!!! SEE what you all got me into? I'm off te deep end!
thanks
C
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac Empty Re: OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:18 pm

cstatman wrote:from the "i need to stop buying these" bin.... I got an OK Cub .049 running on prime.  I didnt want to clean the tank out after, so just prime

[...] I SHOULD have just boxed all the wenMac up and shipped it to RSVBob, but he keeps mumbling about not wanting more projects...  Smile Smile
Oops! Been there done that (wishful thinking), Bob knows what I am talking about! Doh! Laughing

Charles' wish list:
  • WenMac spray bars and needle valves (qty 3)
  • crank for an Atwood 049
  • piston/rod for Anderson Spitzys

I thought the same as you, and over past year (or two) added these to my stash:
  1. Cox .049 Thermal Hopper w/bulkhead mount basket
  2. Cox .049 Medallion (for conversion to R/C)
  3. Cox .049 Space-Bug Jr.
  4. Cox .051 Tee Dee
  5. Cox .020 Pee Wee w/non-annodized tank
  6. Fox .09 Rocket
  7. G-Mark .061 R/C

Happy New Year lol! I Love This Forum! Popcorn Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:16 pm

I was thinking just the other day while looking over my collection of where Wen Mac's go to die box ...........If someone would just reproduce the NVA's they could make a million or two just from pent-up demand.  Or, maybe just you and me and a couple of others on the forum.  I could easily use five or six.  

They do run, both OK Cubs and Wens I have pictures (I don't do videos) of them running, at times more than one together.

Good prime video's you must have paused to prime.  Sounds like a good runner.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:04 pm

The only people who would have Atwood and Spitzy parts would be those that are deep within MECA Model Engine Collectors Association. This is not to be confused with MECOA but it has direct ties because Randy Linsalato owner of MECOA was the president of this organization. Current president is now David Zwolak. They offered a bi annual newsprint which had tons of information and you could fill out the request to find section. I haven't seen any current publications in some time. To join and receive was $40. Now I see they have a Facebook page, I don't partake in Facebook so I can only view the page until the pop up blocks it telling me to join. Keep in mind your trying to locate parts for engines which are 60+ years old. Honestly, it's easier on your wallet and easier to source from EBAY or other aircraft forums. You may never find parts that you seek , finding a engine in parts or it's entirety is far easier. The Spitzy crankcases are mostly broken. This makes a good argument if bartering for price comes into play. Most don't even know what these engines are nowadays. The Spitzy is very low powered as well as most Atwood engines. Many don't know or even would know what to do with these engines.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:35 pm

thanks all for good info

RSV-Robert - you are correct.   they'd make tens of dollars selling spray bars, probably to you and I the only ones who want em !  Wink Smile Smile

Ken - I did join MECA - their internet only membership is $20/yr
but I am positive it will cost me way more than that in "oh, I want this" items. Smile

you can view/download the swapsheet - instead of mailed.  I think the next one drops Dec 31,  so I did not make it in time,  but I REALLY like your idea of posting a "wishlist". and seeing if anyone has the bits in drawers
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:03 pm

I've always found that the Testors (Wen Mac) parts come up pretty frequently NIP on eBay. I've managed to collect quite a few needles and spray bars over the years. They come up in lots probably more often than other brands.

As for the Cub running on prime only, was that because you couldn't get fuel through it, or you only tried it with prime?
I had one of these rear reed Cubs that responded exactly the same as yours. Turns out that the spray hole on the NVA was undrilled. I had a brand new tank sitting around so I pulled the brass spray bar out and installed it in my .060. Ran terrific straight away. Clearly a production fault. Worth checking.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:07 pm

A couple of weeks ago someone was selling Wen Mac's with a starting price of $1.99.  You might have seen them.  I bid on all of them just for the NVA's.

I won just one.  This one for $4.95

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac S-l16032

Looks like a decent engine, just got it along with the Cox TD-4. W/M shipped with the needle out.  I like that!

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac P1016907
OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac P1016908

But, this approach saves nothing.  If I press out the NVA, I'm just stuck with another NVA-less engine.  

Love this TD-4.  Offers many possibilities.  But the real winner is the Testors "P-51D - Fly-em" (Christmas gift from Mark).  It's super straight unlike so many others with twisted airframes.  

OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac P1016909
OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac P1016910

Randy Linsalato must still be with MECOA in some capacity.  I just got a refund for an Atwood head adapter ($4.95) under his name that they could not find.  I think I ordered a total of about $78 worth of needles, spray bars, Cox SBJr. spinners etc. from them.  Much better customer service now.  Good response and communications and quick shipping with supplied tracking numbers.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:14 pm

rsv1cox wrote:

Randy Linsalato must still be with MECOA in some capacity.  I just got a refund for an Atwood head adapter ($4.95) under his name that they could not find.  I think I ordered a total of about $78 worth of needles, spray bars, Cox SBJr. spinners etc. from them.  Much better customer service now.  Good response and communications and quick shipping with supplied tracking numbers.  

I may have to give them another try.  Last time they seemed be doing their best to make foreign purchasers give up on the whole deal.  Their rules and regulations for overseas sales were onerous, and shipping expensive.  Interesting, they don't offer overseas shipping on their eBay store, which would make the whole process simpler if they did.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:21 pm

Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:27 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:

I may have to give them another try.  Last time they seemed be doing their best to make foreign purchasers give up on the whole deal.  Their rules and regulations for overseas sales were onerous, and shipping expensive.  Interesting, they don't offer overseas shipping on their eBay store, which would make the whole process simpler if they did.

Do you have an account with them Rod? Much better if you order direct from their website or from their flyer. Probably you cannot phone. I call them. Interesting conversations with the staff. In very liberal California they are more Redneck than most West Virginians. Smile

Via email - I like the last line:

Your Refund of $4.99 USD from Randy Linsalato

Your refund is on the way! Available in your card by December 29, 2023.
Track Refund Status
Refund to

$4.99 USD
If the original payment method declines, we'll refund the money to your PayPal account.

Summary

You originally paid Randy Linsalato $84.46 USD on December 21, 2023. View receipt

Refund total $4.99 USD
Refund from Randy Linsalato
Contact Randy Linsalato

randy@mecoa.net

Randy Linsalato says

Can't find any head adapters for the Atwood. We will make them again next year.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:38 pm

Thanks for that link Rod, and I have seen it. Problem is... the spray bar's are $17.99 with $3.80 shipping and the needles are out of stock. But, I keep looking. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:48 am

The spraybars that are $17.99 appear to be for the Sportsman series. At $17.99 maybe this individual can make jewelry with them. A nose ring perhaps.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:21 pm

Strange that sometimes there are several of us looking for the same thing at the same time I am looking for parts for an atwood .049 I recently ordered parts from mecoa but I doubt that the atwood engine head is available now I ordered  needle valve for the atwood But I read this and I said to myself that maybe I'd better offer them to someone else who could make one work. It's a shame that parts for those old engine are so difficult to find and I have already invested in the restoration of the engine. my spitzy engine is just missing the broken thread end of the crankchaft it is like new superb compression so I will drill the crankchaft make some threads and use a bolt OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac Img_2424
OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac 17040710
OK Cub 049 - and wen[mac 17040711
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:29 pm

replying to a lot of content, in one mail. hope this makes sense

Wen Mac Running on prime only - cause I am lazy, and did not want to fill, then clean the tank afterwards. the holes are open and it should flow.

Spray Bars at $17.99? Its a great ad, and I have bought stuff from them before. but the chance of me spending $17.99 for a spray bar only is very very VERY slim. like, not gonna happen.

Atwood - David, I also spent about $50 from MECOA, and ? My atwood is no closer than it was before. Let me get home from work, look at it, and maybe we can work out a deal, trading atwood bag of motor parts, for spitzy bag of motor parts Smile Smile I'll look, and PM ya when I get home
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: