Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Cox_ba12

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:02 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 3:38 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:42 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 2:22 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Empty
Live on Patrol

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly

Go down

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Empty I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly

Post  RknRusty Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:37 pm

So I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly. Beautiful clear day, warm, 5-10 mph wind, not too bad. I took the Li'l Satan and the Jumpin' Bean with its untested Medallion and balloon. It'll work.

But there was music emanating from the church. They are having a service until 6:30. If it's still light enough, I'll go back over there then.

I'll make a new bladder for the Stuntman23 while I wait. It's been a long time since all three were ready at the same time.

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly 662505.....I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly 6625054
I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly 6625053.....I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly 6625052

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Empty Re: I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly

Post  PV Pilot Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:56 pm

Let the little angels sing outside,,they would break out in rapture. Very Happy
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Empty Re: I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly

Post  RknRusty Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm

They finally finished singing and praying about 7:00. I love daylight savings time. I got some flying in, but it got dark fast. Man, I am out of tune, my reaction time is awful. Now, however, I can fly on weekdays, so I'll be back in form soon. I took some advice and added a head shim to accommodate the 6" prop, but didn't test run it. It ran like an ordinary Black Widow. But that's okay, any faster and I would have broken something. I had some good fun, and was worn out when I got home. I only had one flight with it needled badly, too rich for it to lean out in the air.
Of course, you all know, I'll post a video, so stay tuned while I get it uploaded. Possibly tonight.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:08 am

RknRusty wrote:They finally finished singing and praying about 7:00. I love daylight savings time. I got some flying in, but it got dark fast. Man, I am out of tune, my reaction time is awful. Now, however, I can fly on weekdays, so I'll be back in form soon. I took some advice and added a head shim to accommodate the 6" prop, but didn't test run it. It ran like an ordinary Black Widow. But that's okay, any faster and I would have broken something. I had some good fun, and was worn out when I got home. I only had one flight with it needled badly, too rich for it to lean out in the air.
Of course, you all know, I'll post a video, so stay tuned while I get it uploaded. Possibly tonight.

Waiting for the vid like a coiled spring Rusty Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 am

Do you have a son or flying buddy launching for you, or do you use a stooge? If stooge, can you post your design and method.

...sorry if you covered this in another post before
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 am

fredvon4 wrote:Do you have a son or flying buddy launching for you, or do you use a stooge? If stooge, can you post your design and method.

...sorry if you covered this in another post before

There is a picture of my stooge in the first part of this video. I described it in detail in a thread a while back. I'll try to find it and post the link here.

Here is some of yesterday's flying. I de-tuned it by lowering the compression and propping it with a 6x3 because I wanted to knock the Winter rust off of my reflexes and make sure I didn't get dizzy. I didn't, but my reflexes were definitely off a bit. The first flight was too slow, so I just went round and round, but I got it needled better after that. Next time I'm going to use a 5.5" prop, and put the compression back where it should be. Performance was only ordinary, I think. It should do better.
The light was low, so full screen is about the only way you can follow it.

I loaded up the Radio Flyer and went to fly Dunno That was way too ordinary. With all the attention this engine generated, I have to show a better performance than that.
The flight that starts at 2:20 is where the engine performs the best.

Last edited by RknRusty on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 am

Why did i get a negative rep for my first post? Because I fly in a church courtyard? The pastor approves. He asks me to do exhibitions for the daycare kids and parents.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:08 am

I just bumped you back up a couple. Not sure why anyone would do that. Maybe it was an accident. The buttons are kind of close together.

I'm at services every Sunday and it doesn't bother me a bit. The church is the congregation of people. Not the building or grounds. IMO anyway......hope I don't get dinged for that. lol!

Besides when you heard the singing you packed up and went home.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum