Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Cox_ba12

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Empty
Live on Patrol

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?

Go down

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Empty COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?

Post  sdjjadk Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:17 pm

I have a COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder that I got new at my LHS years ago but I never ran it. The box is in good shape and most of the paper work is still in the box and the car and radio is in new condition with not even a scratch! Anyone know what they might be worth? I looked on E-bay the other day but couldn't find any listed.

Thanks,
Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Empty Re: COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?

Post  mitchg95 Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:14 pm

sdjjadk wrote:I have a COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder that I got new at my LHS years ago but I never ran it. The box is in good shape and most of the paper work is still in the box and the car and radio is in new condition with not even a scratch! Anyone know what they might be worth? I looked on E-bay the other day but couldn't find any listed.

Thanks,
Shawn

i got my star wars droid federation cox cl plane nib for $60
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Empty Re: COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?

Post  EXModelEngines Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 pm

The Landspeeder is definitely one of the more sought after in the Star Wars line Cox/Estes made. They pop up on eBay from time to time, not always bringing what you may expect. They sold new, in 1998, for $99.99. I would say a rough estimate would be $100/$150 now, but it is very subjective. Really depends upon on getting the right collector.

Being something that there are not a ton of, I'd say keep it for now, unless you really need/want to unload it. I'd suspect it would hold and increase in value over time, especially if it is new.

Regards, Matt
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:34 pm

Matt:

You are only enabling Mitch and Shawn's addition to children's toys. Wink
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:57 pm

SuperDave wrote:Matt:

Guilty as charged! lol!

Matt
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 pm

SuperDave wrote:Matt:

Hi I'm Shawn and I'm a hobby addict! Very Happy I've been addicted to the hobby since the 70's, I'm afraid there is no turning back for me.
So Matt, Enable away!Wink
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 am

EXModelEngines wrote:The Landspeeder is definitely one of the more sought after in the Star Wars line Cox/Estes made. They pop up on eBay from time to time, not always bringing what you may expect. They sold new, in 1998, for $99.99. I would say a rough estimate would be $100/$150 now, but it is very subjective. Really depends upon on getting the right collector.

Being something that there are not a ton of, I'd say keep it for now, unless you really need/want to unload it. I'd suspect it would hold and increase in value over time, especially if it is new.

Regards, Matt
I'm definitely Keeping it. I was just curious as to what it might be worth

thanks, Smile
Shawn

sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  jsesere Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:24 am

Seems to be a wide range of prices. As a collectable it is a nice one to have, but as a toy to play with it sucks. I had a used one and the turning radius is so wide you need a great big parking lot to run it in.
jsesere
jsesere
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth? Empty Request info for this Cox model owner and instruction manuals.

Post  cobrasc429 Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead.

Does anyone know where to find the manuals for the Cox Star Wars Landspeeder model 9430. I'm looking for either pdfs or copies of them.

Thanks in advance for any help locating them.

Jim
cobrasc429
cobrasc429

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:59 pm

HOLY COW!!!! Let's not overlook Super Dave was here!!! Hey Dave.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:53 pm

duke.johnson wrote:HOLY COW!!!! Let's not overlook Super Dave was here!!! Hey Dave.

SuperDave kinda miss his pointed commentary, this was four years ago, time flies
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:26 pm

You are right. I didn't even look at the dates, just saw the title and started reading. He didn't live to far from me, I met him a couple times. Wonder where he's at?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:19 pm

duke.johnson wrote:You are right. I didn't even look at the dates, just saw the title and started reading. He didn't live to far from me, I met him a couple times. Wonder where he's at?

He got tired of us, took his ball and went home!

Seriously though, I enjoyed his posts, too bad he went away. Offline he was really a nice guy. His last log on was 23 Sept 2014. Looks like he is still a member
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:29 pm

SuperDave hasn't logged-in for over two years. I hope he's doing ok. His last model-building project when he was active here, was a Dumas kit of the Chris-Craft 1940 "Barrel-Back". I hope that he was able to finish it. I think that he planned on running it EP/RC. Maybe one of us could try replying to one of his old threads. That way he "might" get an email notification... if he'd set the thread-up to get them. Then at least he'd know that someone was thinking about him..  I've definitely thought of him from time to time.. especially when an older thread like this gets bumped, where he posted a comment.

One of SuperDave's last threads..

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t6550-chris-craft-ep-speeedboat-report-con-t?highlight=chris+craft
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:47 pm

I really enjoyed meeting with him at a couple swap meets, if I remember right. I'll look around to see if I have a contact.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down