Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Cox_ba12

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» need info on this
by lla Today at 10:30 am

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:26 am

» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by GallopingGhostler Today at 10:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 6:23 am

» Three (only one left) Cox .020 silencers for sale.
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:31 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty
Live on Patrol

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both.

Post  Jason_WI Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Cleaning out my engine box.

One testors 049 with a prop and spinner. Good compression. Has a working glow plug. Prop tip is damaged.

The other is a Wen Mac 049 XII. Has a starter issue and crank end play. Glow plug is burnt out.

Also tossing in a front nose tank mount that has added ballast.

Both engines shipped for $20 to Con US. International is actual shipping.

Send PM if interested.

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Imgp2614

Last edited by Jason_WI on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty Re: SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both.

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:18 am

well im interested

i even sent a PM :-)
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty re: testors engines

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:27 am

ekitten2 wrote:well im interested

ekitten2: are you interested in more? cheap? i have several of the pipebomb type with tank on back and forum "nitrosmeller" sent me several in pieces to sell/trade. i can take pics tomorrow and PM you.

p.s. those needles are the same as the ones used on the Atwood .049 outboard engines from 1954. gold.

happydad

Futaba Radio

Last edited by happydad on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added p.s. about needles)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty Re: SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both.

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:30 am

yeah i sorda am interested as my g/kidds are recently gettin into C/L planes and they keep eyeing off my cox collection

so in order to keep the peace (and my cox bits intact) i would like a few engines..i have a few but keeping them running is diffacult with out parts ect atm i got several wen-mac engines (mark 11 and a 111) but usaly its the small things that get destroyed like spraybar/ needles oh and cranks ..i salo have a cpl of testers "pipe bomb" engines im turning into a opposed twin that im "experementing" with, aslo i have a ole anderson baby spitfire engine that needs a new crank case and spray bar ...as crank case is missing most of the mounting luggs aslo the tank retaining bolt is missing (i dident look that close on the ebay pics ...

i wus thinking of seeing a fella here about getting new luggs weilded on but im unshure if the metal is weldable

so any help would be apreicated fanks
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 am

aslo i have an wen-mac that is unusural to me (im not a knowagable collector as yet)

its dosent have a "mark" number and a very thin crank shaft that im unable to get a prop nut for

aslo it dosent have any spring starter fitted

we mostly use "metric" bolts here

ifany one know there history i would be interested in learning more about em

i know most of those engins are related ie testors,wen mac andersons baby spitfire ect
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 am

ekitten2 wrote:aslo i have an wen-mac that is unusural to me (im not a knowagable collector as yet)

its dosent have a "mark" number and a very thin crank shaft that im unable to get a prop nut for

i know most of those engins are related ie testors,wen mac andersons baby spitfire ect

There is a very comprehensive/timeline listing of these engines by John Krickels. It's in the "Files" section in Mark's .049 Collectors Group over on Yahoo.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:32 am

ekitten2 wrote:yeah i sorda am interested as my g/kidds are recently gettin into C/L planes and they keep eyeing off my cox collection
... aslo i have a ole anderson baby spitfire engine that needs a new crank case and spray bar ...as crank case is missing most of the mounting luggs aslo the tank retaining bolt is missing (i dident look that close on the ebay pics ...

Might you be able to JB_Weld some washers in place of the mounting lugs? Or perhaps even make an aluminum plate (with cutout for backplate removal).

I do not have a Baby Spitfire but I have a Spitzy .045 the one with the tank beneath the crankcase. It's a nice running little engine.

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 am

Kim wrote:
ekitten2 wrote:aslo i have an wen-mac that is unusural to me (im not a knowagable collector as yet)

There is a very comprehensive/timeline listing of these engines by John Krickels. It's in the "Files" section in Mark's .049 Collectors Group over on Yahoo.

Unfortunately that Wen-Mac history is nearly unreadable due to the poor quality original typing and age discolouration, it also refers to pictures of the engines which aren't there. I am in the process of re-typing it for my own use, but if anyone wants a copy when I've finished I'll be glad to send one along (don't know when it will be finished!)

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:07 am

If anyone ever finds a sensible way to mount "Pipebomb" engines I would be VERY interested! Welding is out of the question, the crankcases are either pot metal or fibreglass, no chance with either material. I have 3 of the things but they are really only good for glider noseweight!
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:21 am

well recently i took one of the testors pipebomb crank cases to my friend the weilder for a trial welding and he recons that its is "rubbish" metal but is still weildable (i still have that crank case with "bead weld" still on it) it wont be easy but he says its doable so hwo knows in a cpl of weeks i may indeed have a "pipebomb" opposed twin my only hurdle atm as i see it is how to cross half the bigends to fit both onto the crank pin..as they are so small ( i originaly wanted to build a cox 020 twin)..
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 am

oh and one of the pipebomb engines had a plastic radial mount fitted but no venturi but i recently found that a cox QB .74 carb sorda fits in the hole where the venturi should be
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:35 am

re ivans rewrighting yeah i would be interested in a copy of the wen-mac history

http://modelenginenews.org/people/wenmac.html

i found this site while googleing
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 am

ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivanhoe Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:55 am

ekitten2 wrote:oh and one of the pipebomb engines had a plastic radial mount fitted but no venturi but i recently found that a cox QB .74 carb sorda fits in the hole where the venturi should be

Does it look like this?

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Testor11

If it does, I can give you full information about it

Wilf
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty re: crankcases potmetal or fiberglass

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:If anyone ever finds a sensible way to mount "Pipebomb" engines I would be VERY interested! Welding is out of the question, the crankcases are either pot metal or fibreglass, no chance with either material. I have 3 of the things but they are really only good for glider noseweight!

all: i understood the crankcases, maybe only some, were an aluminum composite made of aluminum and some other metals for strength. there are many, many different hardnesses of aluminum, some weldable and some not. the thing to do is try to weld a small area on a test piece. i think TIG or a similar type welding might work. i remember way back in the 1960's when i took a class in welding in college we did weld thin aluminum, but is was with a special tiny welding head. TIG welding for those who don't kbow is Tungsten Inert Gas. At Cal Poly Pomona in Calif. they made their own gas from cows, (Methane) since they were ALSO an agricultural college. get it POLY. many different disciplines. LOL. anyway welding these crankcases should be possible with the proper tools. anyone out there a welder with TIG experience or welding small aluminum???

happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty re: engine parts

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm

ekitten2 wrote:yeah i sorda am interested as my g/kidds are recently gettin into C/L planes and they keep eyeing off my cox collection

so in order to keep the peace (and my cox bits intact) i would like a few engines..i have a few but keeping them running is diffacult with out parts ect atm i got several wen-mac engines (mark 11 and a 111) but usaly its the small things that get destroyed like spraybar/ needles oh and cranks ..i salo have a cpl of testers "pipe bomb" engines im turning into a opposed twin that im "experementing" with, aslo i have a ole anderson baby spitfire engine that needs a new crank case and spray bar ...as crank case is missing most of the mounting luggs aslo the tank retaining bolt is missing (i dident look that close on the ebay pics ...

i wus thinking of seeing a fella here about getting new luggs weilded on but im unshure if the metal is weldable

ekitten2: i see by reading more posts you have done your homework looking up the engines and researching welding.
anyway i have several of the "pipebomb" engines nitrosmeller and i have tried to make work, without success, and i'll try to take some pics sometime today and PM you.
retired doesn't mean you have more time. for me it means i get more tired easily. LOL

happydad

Futaba Radio

happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty re: kim old pics and new pics

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Kim wrote:

Kim: btw the new pics sure are much worse than the old pics you posted under Old Photos. who was that dashing young man, your son?? laughing out loud very loud.

p.s. maybe we shouldn't post before and after pics?? like my new avatar? that's me in 1964 posing for surfer magazine.
that should bring a laugh or 2.
happydad

Futaba Radio
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

ekitten2 wrote:well im interested

I found a few more of these engines. I am still working out shipping. I didn't forget about your PM.

Jason
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 pm

yeah well thats what ive done re the test welding ive tryed posting pics on here before (about 6-9 mounths back) with out sucess

about my back plate mount, noo mine is way differant if i can ill post a few pics. or email them to some one who can

atm i got two pipebomb cases one ive dround the frount back leaveing only the crank exit and top/bottom spring starter mounts the outher ive tryed cuting the cly souround off to be welded onto the outher im useing very thin blades from a dremel type tool but they are extremely fragaild and break easaly..(fustrating)
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 pm

so how does one post pics here please

i cant find any thing about it in the "post reply" thingy
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 pm

dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:12 pm

thats not much help my pics are on my HDD not at any url
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:14 pm

i had a accout at photo bucket at one stage but it got hacked...and i lost heeps ...sozz but im not goin down that road again
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Testors and Wen Mac 049 $20 shipped for both. Empty re: posting pics

Post  happydad Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 pm

ekitten2 wrote:i had a accout at photo bucket at one stage but it got hacked...and i lost heeps ...sozz but im not goin down that road again

do you want me to send you a 1,2,3 step approach EK2 in a PM??

either way you can email me or ??

happydad

Futaba Radio

Last edited by happydad on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added email comment)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ekitten2 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 am

im not interested in opening anouther account either i post pic direct from my hard drive or nuffin ...ive already had a case of identy theft hence my previous post
ekitten2
ekitten2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next