Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Cox_ba12

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» #Abortion pills in Dubai#+277-32027887 Abortion pills for sale in Dubai
by kasm Yesterday at 11:51 pm

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Empty
Live on Patrol

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Empty RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:24 am

Hello there,

at first, sorry for my bad english but I am from germany and do not speak english very often. After a while of unsuccessful searching in the www, I hope you can give me some ideas.

I owned the above mentioned r/c model in my youth. Last week I remembered and get some informations from www. about this little engines (and fortunately find this forum). Now i am looking forward to restart the engine Smile. It does not run since 16 years. I also bought fuel with the following specifics: 9,5% syntetic oil / 2,5 % racing rizinus / 16% Nitromethanol

Is it possible to run the engine with this fuel? Schoul I disassemble the engine an clean it before running?
Maybe somebody has further informations about this engine, i did not find anything about this engine (okay I know the nissan rc car from cox, but this engine is different). It has a muffler with an integrated throttle, the backplate is black. The Engine was also available in a Mini Cooper Kyosho Model. At the moment it is loose living in a dark cellar, but it is time to be revealed sunny .

For me it would be a great benefit if somebody knows which engine it is and which parts are structurally identically with other cox engines (because of spare parts).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by coxaddicted on Sun May 12, 2013 7:11 am; edited 2 times in total
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  John Goddard Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 am

Welcome on board
Do not
Repeat DO NOT use that fuel.
It will destroy the engine VERY quickly.
You need a fuel with at least 20% oil of which half (10% of the total) must be castor based Oil.
Ideally you'll have 20% castor oil. The nitro content is not important as long as it's between 15 and 30%.
As for cleaning it, I'll let the other guys offer their opinions.
Very Happy

PS
Take a photo of the engine
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:42 am

Wow, fast answer.

about the fuel, it is hard to get the right mixture here in germany. All fuels are pre mixed, and contain only 2,5% castor oil. Would it be possible to add castor oil (castor oil is rizinus in our language, sorry), to come to the right mixture (I would add 100ml castor oil on 1litre pre mix).

I will post a picture of the engine soon, at the moment it is in the cellar of a buddy. It has a heat sink and a fly-clutch.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 am

I have to use the pre-mix. In Germany it is not allowed to mail fuel, but castor oil is available in the pharmacy. Methanol is also not available because in germany it is called a narcotic Huh... and you will get problems with the police if you try to buy it.
(You have also to register, if you buy fuel for rc/cars Paranoid )

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 am

coxaddicted wrote:Wow, fast answer.

about the fuel, it is hard to get the right mixture here in germany. All fuels are pre mixed, and contain only 2,5% castor oil. Would it be possible to add castor oil (castor oil is rizinus in our language, sorry), to come to the right mixture (I would add 100ml castor oil on 1litre pre mix).

I will post a picture of the engine soon, at the moment it is in the cellar of a buddy. It has a heat sink and a fly-clutch.

The guys had posted a table for mixing amounts of castor...It may now be a sticky in the Cox Engine section. I also believe Bernie has it on his site: http://coxengines.ca/engine-and-fuel-guides.html
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:47 am

from Bernie's page:
Nitro, well good luck! This product is somewhat controlled and fairly difficult to
purchase. It's the stuff that has the boys in suits and dark sunglasses taking an interest
in you when you inquire about it.

-This is what I tried to say.

So I will read the fuel instructions and try to mix castor oil to the pre- mix car fuel.

Thank you very much! This forum is great. My cox won't blow up now
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm

but I am from germany

Falls Du das Zeug nicht selber mischen kannst, kauf doch einfach Modellauto Kraftstoff mit 25-30% Nitro und etwa 8-10% synthetischem Öl und tu etwas Rizinusöl dazu, so wie in unserer Tabelle angegeben.

Liebe Grüße aus Kanada
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm

Cox International wrote:but I am from germany

Falls Du das Zeug nicht selber mischen kannst, kauf doch einfach Modellauto Kraftstoff mit 25-30% Nitro und etwa 8-10% synthetischem Öl und tu etwas Rizinusöl dazu, so wie in unserer Tabelle angegeben.

Liebe Grüße aus Kanada

Wa'd he say? Huh...
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:45 pm

If you cannot mix it yourself simply purchase model car fuel with 25-30 Nitro and 8-10% synthetic oil and add castor oil according to our table.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  lousyflyer Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Kanada? With a "k"??

You learn something everyday I guess.
lousyflyer
lousyflyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:15 pm

coxaddicted wrote:Wow, fast answer.

One of our members GermanBeez lives in Munich and he runs cox engines, I am not sure what he does for fuel but he definitely uses fuel with enough oil.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 pm

lousyflyer wrote:Kanada? With a "k"??

You learn something everyday I guess.

Yes, in German the country is called "kanada".
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 am

Hallo Bernie, vielen Dank. Ich werde mich mal ,,schlau'' lesen.

(Hello Bernie, thank you very much. I will get ,,smart'' by reading)

Yes, in germany we used to say Kanada Canada Day Flag . But Cox is Cox and not Kox Very Happy
I hope I can catch the car this afternoon, I will post pictures than (maybe tommorow).

Meanwhile, I try to reach the other buddy I mentioned some posts before. Maybe he did not throw away the 0.49 Mini Cooper.
Shh This is a secret job, my girlfriend is already peeved about my Vespa collection (luckily cox models are a bit smaller)

She allways say: You are a Hunter-gatherer Fishing
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

Thank you very much for posting the castor oil calculater.

At first I must say we have no metric system here, maybe somebody knows the movie pulp fiction
(Mc Donalds USA=Quarter Pounder with cheese / Mc Donalds Europe= Hamburger Royal Cheese) Very Happy
But I do managed the conversion.

Now I know why I cant use my pre mix fuel, adding the castor oil I will just have 14,1 % nitro. I think this is not enough. I will try to get fuel with about 25-30% Nitro.

Another possibillity (if this fuel is not available) is Nitro Booster, which is available at the shop too. Did anybody has experience? By adding this, the Nitor content should raise about 4%
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 am

coxaddicted wrote:Thank you very much for posting the castor oil calculater.

At first I must say we have no metric system here, maybe somebody knows the movie pulp fiction
(Mc Donalds USA=Quarter Pounder with cheese / Mc Donalds Europe= Hamburger Royal Cheese) Very Happy

Now I know why I cant use my pre mix fuel, adding the castor oil I will just have 14,1 % nitro. I think this is not enough. I will try to get fuel with about 25-30% Nitro.

Another possibillity (if this fuel is not available) is Nitro Booster, which is available at the shop too. Did anybody has experience? By adding this, the Nitor content should raise about 4%
You will be fine with 14.1% nitro in .049s needling will be more fiddly than with 25% but it is fine.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:04 am

coxaddicted wrote:

At first I must say we have no metric system here,

Huh???

We probably invented it Beer Cheers
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

coxaddicted wrote:Thank you very much for posting the castor oil calculater.

Yeah, you will be fine using 14.1%. Cox engines will easily run off 5% except you just need to play with the needle more. Many people on here use 15% with their Cox engines and your mix wouldn't be far off from that.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 pm

First Picture in my gallery. Sorry I have some problems with the upload

Click

Maybe, somebody can tell me something about the engine. I just received the whole stuff a few minutes ago. Tommorow I wil clean the engine. Popcorn

I also have the original manual.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Bad news, the glow plug does not work Crying or Very sad . I hope I will find the spare plug.

Edith: Cox Europe has it at the shop #335
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Empty engine identification - see pictures in my gallery

Post  coxaddicted Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 am

Hello again,

I have set a couple of pictures in my gallery. Maybe somebody can tell me something about this engine Huh... .

The gasket of the cylinderhead is also missing (if I buy a new one, a new gasket should be included).

Another question:

Would it be possible to use another head/plug instead of this car specific head (this one has no fins). The squish might be different I guess?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 am

Very cool. I've never seen one before.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 am

Thank you. I think it is a mixture of the Cox Nissan GTP Engine Engine with a muffler (which is also the throttle valve) designed by Kyosho, here a photo from another forum: Cox Nissan

I have disassembled the engine now and starting to clean it up. It is very dirty, but the oil mud has preserved the engine Smoking .

The best is: The glow plug works and is shining now in bright orange after cleaning cheers .
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:45 am

I am still unable to load pictures into the topic, but in my gallery are some photos showing the engine in parts after cleaning.

I also made a picture of the original backplate (which is damaged), hopefully somebody knows from which model?
I have run this engine (a long time ago) with another backplate, which is still at cleaning.

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 am

After some problems with the f*****g free-wheel clutch the engine is running now Babe Bee !

I like to thank all members who participate in this topic (special thanks to John Goddard and GermanBeez who gave me at least a tip how to get the right fuel here in germany)

The engine sound is really awesome. At low revs very quit but at high rev it yells like a bee on speed.

I eagerly anticipate to put the r/c into the frame. I have to do some adjustment at the idling speed of the engine

Edith says: The Engine has disgorged the backplate screen at highest rpm, so I have to attach a new one

Last edited by coxaddicted on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to describe a prob)
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:53 am

Here are some pics, you can see more in my gallery. I am now able to put pics in topics cheers

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Dscf3318
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Dscf3319
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! Dscf3320

This pictures were taken a while ago. The engine is running well now, fortunately I found a spare backplate screen which fits better. Now I am looking forward to put my r/c in it. Maybe I will post a little video next week if it is interresting for someone.

At the moment I just want to test it out and have some fun. But I'm already thinking about a little tune up, maybe someone has some ideas.

Recently I located a blower wheel for this engine. So cooling won`t be a problem (originaly there was no fan installed).
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum