Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly Cox_ba12

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by Ken Cook Today at 5:46 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 5:23 pm

» need info on this
by lla Today at 5:19 pm

» Post your Older books
by GallopingGhostler Today at 2:49 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by rsv1cox Today at 12:17 pm

» O&R 23 & Brown Jr
by lla Today at 11:15 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 9:00 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by rdw777 Today at 8:51 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:30 am

» "SOLD OUT" Cox .020 silencers -- currently
by GallopingGhostler Today at 5:12 am

» *Cox Engine of The Month* Submit your pictures! -May 2024-
by Admin Today at 2:38 am

» S1 Ringmaster
by Onelife Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly Empty
Live on Patrol

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly

Go down

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly Empty Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly

Post  Muzzleblast Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:23 am

Hello- new to forum; I have a very nice Medallion .15 and need a spray bar and needle valve. Anyone have one they are willing to part with? If not, then I have a very nice Medallion .15 that will make a great parts engine for a collector. Thanks
Muzzleblast
Muzzleblast

Back to top Go down

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly Empty Re: Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly

Post  Alan Hieger Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:22 am

I'm in the same boat that you're in. I know it's not much help, but Cox International lists needle valves for sale at $3.95 each. That just leaves both of us short the spray bar and circlip retainers. I'm starting to wonder if another brand of spray bar might be jury rigged to fit. By analogy, I fly CL stunt, and we routinely replace the standard Fox .35 NV assembly with Supertigre units. Any thoughts?
Alan Hieger
Alan Hieger

Back to top Go down

Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly Empty Re: Wanted- Medallion .15 Spray Bar & Needle Valve Assembly

Post  Ken Cook Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:40 pm

My thinking is yes another version may fit. I also feel as the same in the Fox.35 is that when you use a Tigre needle you may lose a bit of power due to the larger spraybar of the Tigre. You do however get the advantage of a better needle adjustment it's just that you now choked off your venturi due to a larger spraybar. In the event you decided to try such a spraybar in the Medallion, you should try to turn a larger existing spraybar down on a lathe or file flats onto the side. Remember, your spraybar is taking up choke area in that hole. I would certainly check a few others and find something close. I've done some pretty clean retro fits and I feel you could certainly do the same. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 pm

I didn't remove the circlip from mine to accurately measure the spray bar. It appears to be very close to .128". I did have a needle valve spraybar from a Norvel AME which fit the hole quite well. I have a spare Medallion body to use as reference.The problem was the hole in the spraybar was too far off to work. I'm sure a Tigre needle would work but it would certainly require a lot of shims to keep it centered. In the event of power drop, the plastic venturi body could certainly be drilled out some. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 pm

The Medallion spray bar dia is .155" and the spray bar hole is .250" from the fuel inlet flange that seats against the plastic venturi body.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down